💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Were there Act II songs on the ARTPOP we got?

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

tumblr_mco3exbHAL1qdmb8eo6_r1_500.png

lady-gaga-artpop-details-two-volumes?and

so Volume 1 was supposed to have the commercial sound. And we got that approach to a few songs on the album. For ex. Sexxx dreams is actually a very pop sounding commercial song.

But thenn.. songs on the album like Aura and Jewels N Drugs were very experimental. So do you think these and some songs were actually meant for Act II? But knowing the fact that the album had an entirely messy process. She just decided to put everything in a bunch.

Which songs on the album do you think were recorded for the second act. And what songs sounded commercial to you and fits the planned modern vol. 1 part of the album perfectly?

River

Act II was just a thought, most of the songs were never recorded anyway, they were left as concepts and that's it, all confirmed by the producers.

She already had to choose between MJH and BN, only one song was left behind, so the amount of the recorded songs was pretty much minimal and what we have.. also especially when most of the instrumentals are recycled.. ARTPOP was so rushed and was all over the place production wise that there was no real material for a 2nd album.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Anderson123
1 minute ago, River said:

Act II was just a thought, most of the songs were never recorded anyway, they were left as concepts and that's it, all confirmed by the producers.

She already had to choose between MJH and BN, only one song was left behind, so the amount of the recorded songs was pretty much minimal and what we have.. also especially when most of the instrumental are recycled.. ARTPOP was so rushed and was all over the place production wise that there was no real material for a 2nd album.

This but she also said that she used to play Act II for her friends so of course some songs were recorded and put on hold. 

chun li
27 minutes ago, Lighter said:

tumblr_mco3exbHAL1qdmb8eo6_r1_500.png

lady-gaga-artpop-details-two-volumes?and

wow... ARTPOP promises certainly aged like milk, but then reading this is just woah
no wonder why lady gaga never said anything to fans anymore 
 i didn't even remember she used to talk to us

what an alternate universe you guys i need to take a breath

Sherry
14 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

This but she also said that she used to play Act II for her friends so of course some songs were recorded and put on hold. 

I agree to this.

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs đŸ„š

FfFfFfFF

Pop: Applause (while quirky it's still catchy and fun), Fashion! (catchy and accessible), Donatella (it's satirical mainstream pop), Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want (pop perfection with clean and smooth production), Jewels and Drugs (pop in the urban side), G.U.Y. (just screams electro-pop), Gypsy (pop in the balladry side)

Art: Aura, Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Dope, ARTPOP

Fits both: Venus

Julien Lockhart
1 hour ago, River said:

She already had to choose between MJH and BN, only one song was left behind, so the amount of the recorded songs was pretty much minimal and what we have.. also especially when most of the instrumentals are recycled.. ARTPOP was so rushed and was all over the place production wise that there was no real material for a 2nd album.

No.

Ratchet, Red Flame, Brooklyn Night, Partynauseous, TEA (it's not just a concept) 

The producers knows about our fanbase, they will never tells us about unreleased song. 

ARTPOP was not rushed, it's a surproducted album. 

Have you seen how much demo we got ? 4 MJH - 3 Manicure - 3 Fashion  ect and you said it's rushed ? 

NAH. Gaga had a LOT OF STUFF in her pocket.

He ate my heart

bornthispunk

Red Flame ft Azealia Banks, Brooklyn Nights, TEA, Temple, Sire, Ratchet, Princess Die, Partynauseous,Onion Girl, Tinnitus. 9 tracks, is that enough for you?

Edson

AJRocketMan

Excluding the 15 songs we got, Gaga recorded over 90 songs for the album. And she even confirmed at the time of the album’s release that the other songs were going to see the light of day. Of course, that didn’t happen, but it was intended. I believe the version we got was actually supposed to be just Act One. If she recorded over 100 songs total for ARTPOP, I’m pretty sure at least half of them were finished.

TEANUS

Idk but I’ll always think that ARTPOP Act II was supposed to launch with the tour. The artRave started six months after the release of ARTPOP so I think the original plan was:

Applause - August 2013

Venus - October 2013

ARTPOP - November 2013

Gypsy - January 2014

ARTPOP Act II - May 2014

artRave - May 2014-November 2014

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

PlastiscGuy

Let's not forget she also said some songs would be released through the ARTPOP app along with stems, demos, etc :excited2: but we all know what happened

PG.

27monster27

Lady Gaga changed the concept by the time of its release. She realized that separating the two sounds went against the albums meaning, which was to put art and pop together.

EDIT: There still is an ARTPOP Act II. It just has both commercial and non-commercial sounds on it.

he/him/his

I think Act II was going to be more like Stache, Cake, Red Flame etc. Then she got into it with Troy and co, and we got Swine and Dope on Act I instead :giggle:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

River
1 hour ago, Julien Mayer said:

No.

Ratchet, Red Flame, Brooklyn Night, Partynauseous, TEA (it's not just a concept) 

The producers knows about our fanbase, they will never tells us about unreleased song. 

ARTPOP was not rushed, it's a surproducted album. 

Have you seen how much demo we got ? 4 MJH - 3 Manicure - 3 Fashion  ect and you said it's rushed ? 

NAH. Gaga had a LOT OF STUFF in her pocket.

Ratchet and RF had 1 demo and for ARTPOP not act 2 and were canceled 

BN was rejected for MJH and for ARTPOP not act 2.

Partynauseous was canceled because of Kendrick and again, was supposed to be for ARTPOP and not act 2, has 2 demos.

And TEA is only an instrumental, there’s no demo, no lyrics.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MANiCURE 6

Commercial : Venus / G.U.Y. / Sexxx Dreams / MANiCURE / Do What U Want (With My        Body) / ARTPOP / Donatella / Fashion! / Jewels N' Drugs / Dope / Gypsy / Applause

Experimental : Aura / Swine / Mary Jane Holland /

Archived