life

Gaga condemns Alabama Abortion Ban

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ydnmnme

She was so emotional while writing down her thoughts.

I love her!

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

geopang
12 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

You off your ****ing head? This is a serious issue and I’m glad she has tweeted about it. 

Wtf... call your ass down. None of you can take a joke these days. 

Dutch

What’s next? Banning same sex marriages in the USA? The f*ck. America always knows how to surprise me in a negative way.

Whispering
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

What’s next? Banning same sex marriages in the USA? 

Yes, of course it is. 

Phaye Monster

This tweet made me SO happy. I love her. I love how much love she has for everyone. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

AJRocketMan

This is a humiliating time in American history. And we have dozens and dozens of humiliating moments. It really touched me that Gaga brought attention to this issue, and I’m so glad she spoke out on this. She might actually be the first celeb to speak out on such a travesty? I hope more do so, and I hope the bill is repealed/vetoed.

The Hangout Music Festival is about to start in a couple days, and they have a bunch of high profile (and very liberal) musicians playing there. They better speak out, and ideally cancel. This is absolutely unethical, and the tax money made by the festival will only further their government’s anti-abortion cause.

I'm happy she spoke about this. I know people don't see her as a Catholic artist but I do, and it means a lot. I hope touring artists like Gaga call for a boycott of Alabama and publicly donate funds to abortion services like @yellowfund. 

Charlotte Clymer tweeted a lot of great observations and cold truths last night if you're not aware of how horrible this law is for women in Alabama and the States, if the Supreme Court gets it way.

Also, I recommend people watch After Tiller if they want to know more about abortion services in the States. I'm pro-choice, obviously, but After Tiller helped me contextualize the concept of 'late term' abortion and I have nothing but sympathy for these poor women (and men!). 

TeenIdle

USA is going backwards every single day :saladga: To say I'm disgusted would be an understatement. Glad that Gaga is speaking up

SpookyKid

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Si Gags!

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

sarahb

The bill is purposely written to be horrible and evitably struck down so it can go the the supreme court and challenge Roe vs Wade to get it overturned.

To my knowledge anyway, I think that's what's happening/how it works.

caulixtla

It’s not just Alabama that is banning abortion. A lot of states (Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Ohio) have “heartbeat” laws which effectively ban abortion: They make abortion only legal in the first six weeks after the woman’s last period, when a lot of women don’t even suspect they are pregnant.

I feel these laws are more about control and “punishing” women for engaging in “immoral” activities than they are about saving the lives of “babies”.  Two points about these laws being about the “babies”: 1) A good deal of pregnancies naturally end in miscarriages, so God appears to perform a lot of abortions. 2) A fetus does not have a functioning brain (and looks nothing like a human baby) which can feel pain until at least 27 weeks in a pregnancy.

As a cisgender straight male, I do not think it’s my place to use the force of law to impose my notions about pregnancy on to women. I am not the one who experiences the pregnancy.

My music: https://caulixtla.com/music

Archived