opinion

Will LG6 Singles Flop?

Featured Posts

Joshuaaaa

Not if her management are wise, i think 3 singles should be max like Joanne. A strong lead to start off, ballad for second and a GP friendly/fan favourite for last.

Edited by Joshuaaaa

Glamourpuss
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

I honestly don't care for her chart performance anymore. 

My respect for Gaga has reached such a high level that, to me, her credibility and relevance are beyond chart judgement. 

I would rather she release music that is career-defining (artistically) and interesting. And who knows, from this work, we may end up with a hit - as we did, accidentally, with Shallow. In the end, truthful music that Gaga cares about will always catch on. 

This. 

:legend:

• Like 1

GAGAVENUS
4 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Taylor, Adele, Rihanna, Miley, Halsey, Katy, probably Ariana again, Selena, Justin Bieber I think, releasing.

I really think this is gonna be a 2013 situation when Gaga, Miley, Katy, and Lorde were all kinda in competition, but Beyonce rose above it all.

I think this time Gaga is gonna be the Beyonce figure and just do well off of her own hype rather than fight it out amongst all of those singers

GAGAVENUS
3 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Her last 2 eras have flopped single wise and we’re lucky to get more than 2 singles.

Need I remind you that Million Reasons went to #4....

Million Reasons...a country ballad...

• YAAAS 1

GAGAVENUS
2 hours ago, theahsfan said:

I think if she releases a pop song that isn't too experimental she'll get a big hit again, ideally with the music video released on the same day, but I honestly question if she's smart enough to do that

The Cure was a pop song that wasn't experimental at all and didn't do that well. I think the GP is craving something less formulaic and more interesting. Hopefully it'll be something a little experimental like in the vein of BTW or BR.

AJRocketMan

If it hits the Top 40, it’s a hit single.

And who cares? I’d rather the LG6 singles all peak within the #35-40 range if it means the songs, videos, performances, interviews, and the album itself are actually good. I’m not a Little Chartster. I stan innovation, not commercial success. Gaga hasn’t delivered innovation in years. I wanna see what she’s capable of, artistically.

• Like 2

theahsfan
10 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

The Cure was a pop song that wasn't experimental at all and didn't do that well. I think the GP is craving something less formulaic and more interesting. Hopefully it'll be something a little experimental like in the vein of BTW or BR.

I hope for that too. Something like Applause or BTW

Also The Cure could've done well I think with a music video and spotify deals etc, which it didn't have. It still did well enough considering it was a surprise single with no video, it reached #10 in AUS, #19 in the UK and top 40 in the US which is still pretty good- it oupeaked Swish Swish, Bon Appetit, 5H's lead single from that year on the Hot 100:lolly:

• Like 2

Indyl

I honestly don't think it's possible for it to flop, purely because ASIB gives it pretty solid shoulders to stand on. She could release horseshit and it'd still debut at #1, lead single will certainly be Top 10.

FfFfFfFF

No. They will do better than Joanne singles at least, she is in a much  better place popularity wise now.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

theahsfan
1 hour ago, Indyl said:

I honestly don't think it's possible for it to flop, purely because ASIB gives it pretty solid shoulders to stand on. She could release horseshit and it'd still debut at #1, lead single will certainly be Top 10.

Yeah the amount of monthly listeners she's earned on Spotify are pretty huge and she's just had a #1, people (the GP) will definitely be eager to check out what she does next 

• Like 1

ShayCristoforo

Some will, some won't. Just as usual.

I don't know how anyone can theorize without even knowing what LG6 is even about. Like imagine trying to predict LG5 before knowing the intention of Joanne. 

The only thing we can say is that she's had remarkable appeal and reach lately. Which is likely a nice little bump for her pop music career too. 

Ich schleiban austa be clair

illySpencer

ARTPOP flopped after BTW, so... I guess it will depend on her new music and the GP. I'll say yes she could flop and no. We'll see.  

theahsfan
26 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

ARTPOP flopped after BTW, so... I guess it will depend on her new music and the GP. I'll say yes she could flop and no. We'll see.  

ARTPOP had Applause, a top 4 hit that spent 13 weeks in the top 10. And ARTPOP actually outsold Bangerz which is considered a huge success 

and during the BTW era Gaga was still dragged a lot and it left a bad taste in people's mouth. ASIB left the GP loving Gaga

Edited by theahsfan
  • Like 1

illySpencer
3 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

ARTPOP had Applause, a top 4 hit that spent 13 weeks in the top 10. And ARTPOP actually outsold Bangerz which is considered a huge success 

and during the BTW era Gaga was still dragged a lot and it left a bad taste in people's mouth. ASIB left the GP loving Gaga

It was a flop, everybody knows that. Don't try to hide behind other stars sales. Even Elton John said it...  

ASIB was big because of the movie and the huge promo around it. ASIB success will not defined the rest of her career. And it doesn't mean that LG6 will be a success, or if it would be a flop. We all know she could be loved at one moment and be hated at another moment. We'll see.  

Edited by illySpencer
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1