opinion

Will LG6 Singles Flop?

Featured Posts

OMonster

I honestly don't care for her chart performance anymore. 

My respect for Gaga has reached such a high level that, to me, her credibility and relevance are beyond chart judgement. 

I would rather she release music that is career-defining (artistically) and interesting. And who knows, from this work, we may end up with a hit - as we did, accidentally, with Shallow. In the end, truthful music that Gaga cares about will always catch on. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 11
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

RoverLoader

Dayum.. How can you guys even say this when we know absolutely NOTHING about the album or any songs at all. Here are the facts:

She's currently riding a wave of feelgood from the GP. ASIB and Shallow brought back a LOT of casuals. Literally every ball is in her court right now. All she has to do is deliver with the music. Who is to say she won't? Shallow and a lot of other ASIB songs are STILL clogging up half of the worlds iTunes charts.  Homegirl is NOT a dumbass. She will deliver. This is the most weird thread I've read here for weeks. OP are you an Perez Hilton alt?

Edited by RoverLoader
  • Like 1

theahsfan
15 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Dayum.. How can you guys even say this when we know absolutely NOTHING about the album or any songs at all. Here are the facts:

She's currently riding a wave of feelgood from the GP. ASIB and Shallow brought back a LOT of casuals. Literally every ball is in her court right now. All she has to do is deliver with the music. Who is to say she won't? Shallow and a lot of other ASIB songs are STILL clogging up half of the worlds iTunes charts.  Homegirl is NOT a dumbass. She will deliver. This is the most weird thread I've read here for weeks. OP are you an Perez Hilton alt?

This is what I believe too sis but I'm just saying I hope we don't get a bad lead that flops (Perfect Illusion 2.0)

But like I say, even Shawn is cracking the top 2 with like zero hype (that I've noticed anyway), who expected that after the major flop that was his recent era (In My Blood and Lost In Japan), so I'm not underestimating her! But you're right we don't even know what the music sounds like yet (I have an idea but still)

Edited by theahsfan

RoverLoader

She's not an idiot. She understands the momentum she's been given from the success of ASIB. A killer lead single and she can collect her gold. People are rooting for her right now. I mean, put it like this: completely anecdotal story incoming:

My sister, I don't think ever listened to LG in her life. She saw ASIB TWICE in the cinema and played the **** out of Shallow. A musical era that frankly, me as a longtime gaga fan wasn't really here for.  But what has happened is that movie and that soundtrack has given Gaga at large a real seachange. Yes the Jazz album and Million reasons were nice upward pointers, but this era has changed everything. She has the public on her side. Everything is hers to lose or win. Frankly, if the lead single is a hit, we could possibly be looking at her first no 1 new entry. I'm serious.

• Like 2

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

She's not an idiot. She understands the momentum she's been given from the success of ASIB. A killer lead single and she can collect her gold. People are rooting for her right now. I mean, put it like this: completely anecdotal story incoming:

My sister, I don't think ever listened to LG in her life. She saw ASIB TWICE in the cinema and played the **** out of Shallow. A musical era that frankly, me as a longtime gaga fan wasn't really here for.  But what has happened is that movie and that soundtrack has given Gaga at large a real seachange. Yes the Jazz album and Million reasons were nice upward pointers, but this era has changed everything. She has the public on her side. Everything is hers to lose or win. Frankly, if the lead single is a hit, we could possibly be looking at her first no 1 new entry. I'm serious.

Yes!

Again (I keep repeating myself but the point stands) things are unpredictable right now. Shawn Mendes is #2 on the hot 100. Who would've thought that after In My Blood and Lost In Japan, two big flops in the US. 

Gaga does have the gp on her side and has a lot of new fans thanks to ASIB so I think the lead will at least go top 10 even if it's not a great song 

Killa

Isnt She collabing with lil di**y or somethin.she coming for streams gays and str8s.

Get ready for haus beauty product placement and ultra expensive horizontal vidro

ChrisC
27 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Um what? This thread is totally a fair question. Her last 2 eras have flopped single wise and we’re lucky to get more than 2 singles. Not to mention she has a habit of not promoting or properly announcing the singles which causes them to underperform. 3/4 singles she’s released since 2014 have been without promo and proper execution. Let that sink in. She also has 2 singles without videos and the management of her releases is always poorly done. The balls wont stay in her court much longer if she waits another year to release the album and even if she does release this year, she’ll have tough competition. And to say she will deliver is not certain. Were you around for PI? She had everyone in her court then too and she wasted it.

I don’t see how you could have overlooked these facts when making that post. This isn’t 2010 gaga. 

• Like 1

theahsfan
Just now, ChrisC said:

Her last 2 eras have flopped single wise

Applause - #4, a global hit, 13 weeks in the top 10

DWUW - #13, with promise of doing better but the video was never released and it was seemingly pulled from radio

Million Reasons - #4

The Cure - #19 in the UK and #10 in Australia 

Shallow - #1, need I say more? Topped itunes WW for 100+ days and was a global SMASH

Gaga's singles aren't always too GP friendly and some single choices were questionable (Venus, PI) which is why she's not always guaranteed to get a hit.

• Like 1

ChrisC
6 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Applause - #4, a global hit, 13 weeks in the top 10

DWUW - #13, with promise of doing better but the video was never released and it was seemingly pulled from radio

Million Reasons - #4

The Cure - #19 in the UK and #10 in Australia 

Shallow - #1, need I say more? Topped itunes WW for 100+ days and was a global SMASH

Gaga's singles aren't always too GP friendly and some single choices were questionable (Venus, PI) which is why she's not always guaranteed to get a hit.

I didn’t included ASIB because that is a soundtrack and not a gaga album, but yes Shallow was a hit and good for her.

However, aside from applause, none of the songs you mentioned were hits really. Chart position doesn’t equate to success necessarily. DWUW  reached 13 and MR 4 but neither were big on radio, not big with the gp nor big enough to be considered a hit. Just moderate successes. And 1 moderate single per era followed or preceded by other singles that flop doesn’t mean the era was a success single wise. 

theahsfan
1 minute ago, ChrisC said:

I didn’t included ASIB because that is a soundtrack and not a gaga album, but yes Shallow was a hit and good for her.

However, aside from applause, none of the songs you mentioned were hits really. Chart position doesn’t equate to success necessarily. DWUW  reached 13 and MR 4 but neither were big on radio, not big with the gp nor big enough to be considered a hit. Just moderate successes. And 1 moderate single per era followed or preceded by other singles that flop doesn’t mean the era was a success single wise. 

Million Reasons was very big on radio, especially adult contemporary, which was it's intended audience anyway? And in the US most people know the song

Remember, like I said, that Gaga isn't like artists such as Katy or Ariana who release music that's always guaranteed to be added to radio and be streamed the hell out of. Gaga only releases 2/3 singles per album now and half the time they sound like nothing else on the radio (Perfect Illusion was pop/rock and loud and alienating even for her fanbase, Million Reasons was a country ballad) so it's never a guaranteed hit for her. 

ChrisC
5 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Million Reasons was very big on radio, especially adult contemporary, which was it's intended audience anyway? And in the US most people know the song

Remember, like I said, that Gaga isn't like artists such as Katy or Ariana who release music that's always guaranteed to be added to radio and be streamed the hell out of. Gaga only releases 2/3 singles per album now and half the time they sound like nothing else on the radio (Perfect Illusion was pop/rock and loud and alienating even for her fanbase, Million Reasons was a country ballad) so it's never a guaranteed hit for her. 

Yes, it is not a guaranteed hit because her sound is different from radio trends. I agree. Buts it’s also cause her team is messy with the promo and execution of the singles which might even be a greater factor in determining their success. Anyways, my point was that it is never a guarantee which is what I was trying to tell the other user who seemed so baffled as to why this thread exists 

Edited by ChrisC