event

Madonna rehearsals for “something special”

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

Well I've heard 30 seconds of Future. let's hope yawl like a follow up to Unapologetic Bitch with lots of vocoder. :huntyga:

• LMAO 1

androiduser
8 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

Confirmed setlist:

madonna-eurovision5.jpg

not sure about Hallelujah, at least not about the song she performed earlier, that one was written by Leonard Cohen

• Like 1

steel
8 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

Well I've heard 30 seconds of Future. let's hope yawl like a follow up to Unapologetic Bitch with lots of vocoder. :huntyga:

I’ve heard it full and absolutely love it. :yay: That’s the thing with music, isn’t it? It’s very subjective. 

Can totally envisage a very creative performance on Saturday with this song. The lyrics are beautiful, very strong message, and perfect for a very theatrical performance.

• Like 1

RoverLoader
17 minutes ago, steel said:

I’ve heard it full and absolutely love it. :yay: That’s the thing with music, isn’t it? It’s very subjective. 

Can totally envisage a very creative performance on Saturday with this song. The lyrics are beautiful, very strong message, and perfect for a very theatrical performance.

Dude pls. I know you love Madonna. I do. But you honestly think this trash demo is the MAIN song she should be showcasing at Eurovision? This will do NOTHING. Absolutley nothing. The lyrics are beautiful? She even RECYLCES lines from Don't Tell me!!!!

"Tell the sun not to shine"

It's such a  bitter disappointment.I could deal with it, if it was  a trash filler song on albums like Incredible, IDGAF or Birthday SOng - but showcasing THIS at Eurovision?  Wasted opportunity.

• Like 1

steel
1 hour ago, RoverLoader said:

Dude pls. I know you love Madonna. I do. But you honestly think this trash demo is the MAIN song she should be showcasing at Eurovision? This will do NOTHING. Absolutley nothing. The lyrics are beautiful? She even RECYLCES lines from Don't Tell me!!!!

It's such a  bitter disappointment.I could deal with it, if it was  a trash filler song on albums like Incredible, IDGAF or Birthday SOng - but showcasing THIS at Eurovision?  Wasted opportunity.

I get it that it’s not for you and you don’t like it, but I really do. And in the end, it’s just another promo single, like I Rise, so not an album defining song.

And I actually love the Don’t Tell Me reference. It’s like an Easter Egg for long-time fans. There’s another one in the video for Crave. 

As for Eurovision, it’s not really the main song she is showcasing at Eurovision. She will also premiere Dark Ballet, which I’m even more excited about. 

But Future has great potential live, so it may be that by seeing it performed you might feel slightly different. 

The most exciting thing about all the songs released so far is that this album is truly shaping up to be a musical manifesto, with lots of experimenting, inspiration from different music traditions, and a very strong concept. This of course can result in people feeling divided about some songs, but I’m glad that she is still willing to to go and do the unexpected.

• Like 2

androiduser

listening to the full song, Future, and I like it, definitely something new for Madonna, not sure if it has any potential, but I like it as an album track for sure. Of course, another cool mom song, but I like it so far. Not really suitable as a song for Eurovision, it's a missed opportunity not to perform a real pop disco classic, but whatever, it's her life and career.

• Like 1

TheBatman
2 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

Your opinion isnt gospel sis, sure it's a disappointment to YOU and YOU are bitter about it. Cant say the same for me. I'll be bouncing around to this woke bop for years. Hope u like the rest of the songs, sorry they dont do it for ya.

• Like 1

androiduser
7 minutes ago, Dolev said:

Dark Ballet will probably be just a short snippet, like an intro, or a passage between the two main songs.... with the intro, outro etc, I don't think she can fit 3 whole songs into the 15min performance... Like a Prayer is quite long already.... the intro into the whole show is probably taking at least a minute as well.

• Like 1

dlioncourt91
41 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Dark Ballet will probably be just a short snippet, like an intro, or a passage between the two main songs.... with the intro, outro etc, I don't think she can fit 3 whole songs into the 15min performance... Like a Prayer is quite long already.... the intro into the whole show is probably taking at least a minute as well.

It could be the same as Met Gala just elaborated upon I'm guessing. I'm more interested to hearing what Dark Ballet is now.

• Like 1

androiduser
40 minutes ago, dlioncourt91 said:

It could be the same as Met Gala just elaborated upon I'm guessing. I'm more interested to hearing what Dark Ballet is now.

Yes, I think so too, from the rehearsal photos it looks like it's based on the Met Gala performance... At least the Like a Prayer part i likely to be similar.

• Like 1

Miracle
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Super Bowl halftime shows fit +5 songs in 13 minutes

• Like 1

androiduser
8 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Super Bowl halftime shows fit +5 songs in 13 minutes

I don't think any of those songs was performed in their entirety, they were all shortened versions

• Like 1