Stefani Tee
event

Madonna rehearsals for “something special”

Featured Posts

steel
1 hour ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I hope the songs are performed in full, and not a snipped like the Met Gala 2018. Considering she has 15 minutes I bet it'll be full tracks tho.

Yes, I'm also hoping for that! 

Full songs, lots of theatricality, great visuals, awesome arrangements between songs, and everything else she has gotten us so used to! :excited:

• YAAAS 2

androiduser
1 hour ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

Why doesn't it display Madonna as a songwriter on Dark Ballet and Future? Ah, are they trying to keep those songs a secret since they aren't released yet?

just noticed this too... I know fans will hate me for saying this, but I am always suspicious about her songwriting credits in some songs. There have been quite  a few examples where she j

obviously just got the finished song and ended up getting the top songwriting and production credit.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Musicisfreedom
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

just noticed this too... I know fans will hate me for saying this, but I am always suspicious about her songwriting credits in some songs. There have been quite  a few examples where she j

obviously just got the finished song and ended up getting the top songwriting and production credit.

I think her songs with Mirwais will definitely be 50/50 them together since they are the only writers

• Like 1

androiduser
Just now, Musicisfreedom said:

I think her songs with Mirwais will definitely be 50/50 them together since they are the only writers

I agree, that's usually the case, but keep in mind that credits are always negotiated, they don't necessarily reflect the real share in who did what. Big stars can always get a bigger credit because without them a song is worthless.

• Like 1

Musicisfreedom
5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I agree, that's usually the case, but keep in mind that credits are always negotiated, they don't necessarily reflect the real share in who did what. Big stars can always get a bigger credit because without them a song is worthless.

I think this was especially the case with MDNA. I am not sure about the other albums tho

• Like 1

steel
17 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I know fans will hate me for saying this, but I am always suspicious about her songwriting credits in some songs. There have been quite  a few examples where she obviously just got the finished song and ended up getting the top songwriting and production credit.

I'm sorry, but I really do have a problem with this, and I know you stressed some. I don't mean to be aggressive in my response or anything, but this type of 'conspiracy theories' are just used to undermine her artistry.

You just need to watch interviews of Patrick Leonard telling how he and Madonna wrote Like a Prayer, and you will see him telling how involved she was with the songwriting process... Which is considered one of the best pop songs ever. And not only for Like a Prayer, there's many other examples of her collaborators discussing this.

All artists have songwriting credits in songs which they didn't fully write, but Madonna is certainly one where her writing credits for most all her discography have clearly her mark. Like @Musicisfreedom just said above, MDNA might be a good example of an album which has songs that she got almost finished, but for most of her discography, that's not the case.

Edited by steel
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

androiduser
3 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I think this was especially the case with MDNA. I am not sure about the other albums tho

Well, Nothing Fails was written by Jem Griffiths and Guy Sigsworth, and then Madonna got top billing for changing a few words.... Ray of Light already existed in it's final dance form as a reworking of the 70's original before Madonna re-recorded it for ROL etc

androiduser
2 minutes ago, steel said:

I'm sorry, but I really do have a problem with this, and I know you stressed some@Musicisfreedom. I don't mean to be aggressive in my response or anything, but this type of 'conspiracy theories' are just used to undermine her artistry.

That's why I said some... there clearly are a few notable examples of songs/demos that existed before Madonna got involved... I know Madonna co-writes almost all of her material, but the writing credits are not always accurate. The same way Gaga didn't produce that song that was basically just an instrumental she bought.

• Like 1

steel
Just now, androiduser said:

That's why I said some... there clearly are a few notable examples of songs/demos that existed before Madonna got involved... I know Madonna co-writes almost all of her material, but the writing credits are not always accurate. The same way Gaga didn't produce that song that was basically just an instrumental she bought.

I understand, and I see what you mean. But as you weren't specific, I thought I would respond. I totally get what you mean. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Musicisfreedom
15 minutes ago, steel said:

I'm sorry, but I really do have a problem with this, and I know you stressed some. I don't mean to be aggressive in my response or anything, but this type of 'conspiracy theories' are just used to undermine her artistry.

You just need to watch interviews of Patrick Leonard telling how he and Madonna wrote Like a Prayer, and you will see him telling how involved she was with the songwriting process... Which is considered one of the best pop songs ever. And not only for Like a Prayer, there's many other examples of her collaborators discussing this.

All artists have songwriting credits in songs which they didn't fully write, but Madonna is certainly one where her writing credits for most all her discography have clearly her mark. Like @Musicisfreedom just said above, MDNA might be a good example of an album which has songs that she got almost finished, but for most of her discography, that's not the case.

I agree, there's a few instanced, but most of the material i believe is co-written by her. Like if you listen to Open Your Heart, she changed the lyrics extremely and the song sounded much more empty before it went to her. i think she was very busy with MDNA so she didn't have as much time to write for the record. But her artistry is amazing, and I'd never doubt that. 

Edited by Musicisfreedom
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Bio

Remember when she used to do pocket shows to release new albums? What happened to those? The last one I remember was for Hard Candy.

• Like 1

RoverLoader

I hope the song is a banger. From what I've heard "Future" is Jamaican dance hall beats.....

• Like 1

Maleficent
45 minutes ago, androiduser said:

lol like how open your heart came to her totally completed but it was “follow your heart”. she changed one word and got top billing. queen 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • LMAO 1

dlioncourt91
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

MDNA mostly was writer demos she changed a few lines with.

Other records it's painfully obvious she's had a hand in them. She's pretty simplistic with rhyming words to match and reuses a lot of lines in various songs. She mentioned she hated going to writer camps in the previous albums so I'm guessing Rebel Heart since she worked with Avicii's team.

• Like 1

Maleficent
5 minutes ago, dlioncourt91 said:

MDNA mostly was writer demos she changed a few lines with.

Other records it's painfully obvious she's had a hand in them. She's pretty simplistic with rhyming words to match and reuses a lot of lines in various songs. She mentioned she hated going to writer camps in the previous albums so I'm guessing Rebel Heart since she worked with Avicii's team.

didn’t she write intervention and x-static process alone? sure they might not be grammatically complex but it is a beautiful song 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 3