💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was the GP Unrightfully Shaming ARTPOP a Sign that Future Music Would...

27monster27

Featured Posts

Maleficent
5 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

You don’t think Aura is clunky? I’ve always thought of that as one of the biggest messes on the album 

(I still love it though).

i think it was sleeker than GUY or Venus. The post-chorus bass drop was a bit messy, but in an amazing way 

AJRocketMan

Yes and no. Many times it was way more so, but other times it was less. For instance, when Future Bass became popular in 2015/16, it sounded super fresh and interesting at the time but it quickly became very old and formulaic. I feel the need to bring up a few points about the music industry around the time ARTPOP was released.

1. For those that say “ARTPOP was behind”, it wasn’t. I distinctly remember listening to it back when it came out and it didn’t sound dated. And none of the critical reviews for the album even said it was dated, whereas that was a very common criticism of Born This Way when it came out.

Also, I’m shocked at how many monsters have forgotten just how futuristic Sexxx Dreams sounded when it was released. I can guarantee you, there isn’t a single song that came before Sexxx Dreams that sounded like Sexxx Dreams. All of them came after. The jazzy synths, the rubbery beats, the atmospheric verses and how they transition into the explosive choruses, it was very different from any other dance or pop song I had heard before. Many critics praised how futuristic the song sounded when the album came out. Also Dope, Do What U Want, MANiCURE, Mary Jane Holland, and Venus were different from what anyone else was doing at the time as well. Even elements of Applause do as well, such as the tempo (140 BPM, which is super fast for a pop song) and the breakbeats, even if the synths were pretty trendy. And yes, as much as many of the fans would never admit it, Jewels N Drugs was ahead of its time. It did trap music when the hip-hop industry didn’t embrace trap until 2014. :trollga:

2. Yes, “EDM” was the dominant trend at the time that AP came out, but they were totally different genres. What was popular back then was Big Room House and Progressive House. Think Clarity, Sweet Nothing, Titanium, We Found Love, I Need Your Love, Heroes, Summer, Good Time, Find You, Don’t Your Worry Child, Alive (Krewella song), Under Control, Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, etc. ARTPOP didn’t sound like any of those, save for Gypsy. ARTPOP was primarily Electro-House, with other genres like Nu-Disco, Breakbeat, Glitch, Synthwave, and Psychedelic Trance.

3. There were songs and even albums that came out after ARTPOP that sounded very similar to ARTPOP, to the point where they could fit right in with the track list. They are Dillon Francis’s Money Sucks, Friends Rule!, Zedd’s True Colors, and Madeon’s Adventure. Not every song from these records sounds like AP, but many of them have the same composition, tone, and style.

4. Fact of the matter is, none of Gaga’s albums have aged well. And that’s okay. While Gaga’s albums are made with the intention of standing out from her contemporaries, they’re also made to represent the times and the zeitgeist of the times. All of her albums represent where society and the culture was at the time, regardless of people’s perceptions of her.

devilrhino

Music for gays died post-2013/14. The gp became sick of fast paced, dance electronic beats and wanted to vibe/chill more hence the rise of trap, basic pop, acoustic pop to the continuing decline still to this day. I miss 2009-2013 mainstream music so muchđŸ˜«

It will return come 2020/21 though once a recession hits and people want to dance again 😄

Lord Temptation

ARTPOP killed pop music.

ARTPOP is about the industry and how it cages artists into making crap they don’t want to make. 

ARTPOP is Gaga laughing (Aura-style) all the way to the bank (she’s THAT rich bitch who loves the music, not the bling, but has plenty of bling nonetheless because, you knoe, fashion!)

The industry knew it could never compete with ARTPOP so it did a complete 180 and self-destructed by unleashing a barrage of minimalist beats over incomprehensible whisper pop and mumble rap.

Yeah, pop died in 2013. Gaga has the knife.

AJRocketMan
54 minutes ago, devilrhino said:

Music for gays died post-2013/14. The gp became sick of fast paced, dance electronic beats and wanted to vibe/chill more hence the rise of trap, basic pop, acoustic pop to the continuing decline still to this day. I miss 2009-2013 mainstream music so muchđŸ˜«

It will return come 2020/21 though once a recession hits and people want to dance again 😄

I know that wasn’t supposed to be a super serious post, but that’s actually true. However, EDM didn’t just die a sudden death in 2014. It was gradual. From my perspective, all of 2013 and 2014 plus the first half of 2015 were kind of like a mish-mash of early 2010’s and mid 2010’s culture. Also, electronic music never went away, it just evolved into Future Bass, Synth-Pop, Trip-Hop, and Deep House.

holy scheisse
7 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP killed pop music.

ARTPOP is about the industry and how it cages artists into making crap they don’t want to make. 

ARTPOP is Gaga laughing (Aura-style) all the way to the bank (she’s THAT rich bitch who loves the music, not the bling, but has plenty of bling nonetheless because, you knoe, fashion!)

The industry knew it could never compete with ARTPOP so it did a complete 180 and self-destructed by unleashing a barrage of minimalist beats over incomprehensible whisper pop and mumble rap.

Yeah, pop died in 2013. Gaga has the knife.

She put the knife under the hood actually:ally:

Archived