ThisGuyTony

Will Madame X Go #1?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Will Madame X Go #1?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Rebel Heart broke her streak of 5 consecutive #1 albums, when it went #2.

Can she reach the top again?

tenor.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

No

tenor.gif?itemid=14053501

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Oyster

No. How do people still like this woman? She's awful (not her past stuff, this new ****)

Ryusei
Just now, Oyster said:

No. How do people still like this woman? She's awful (not her past stuff, this new ****)

it's called: music is subjective

Musery

Economy
Just now, Ryusei said:

it's called: music is subjective

Ppl here don't get that

Everyone thinks they know what "quality" is and what "bad" music is

No respect whatsoever for the subjectivity of art.

Music and art isn't math. There's no right or wrong answer :koons:

AndiGaga

I think it will if there is no big competition.

Pure sales could save her :)

2 hours ago, AndiGaga said:

Pure sales could save her :)

Yes, this is where the numbers will come from to give her another number 1 album... Not from streaming for sure.

There's also lots of hardcore Madonna collectors who like to buy each different version of the album, and as there are quite a few, this might help as well.

Infinity Wave
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ppl here don't get that

Everyone thinks they know what "quality" is and what "bad" music is

No respect whatsoever for the subjectivity of art.

Music and art isn't math. There's no right or wrong answer :koons:

You're totally right, but there is good and bad music, and that's not subjective imo.

I'm not referring to Madame X (I'm personally starting to really bop to Medellin and I live for that lol) but ie we can all agree here that Bitch I'm Madonna is just a bad song, no matter how much you like it, it has no meaning (not that there necessarily has to be one) it has no well thought structure, and just feels like the product of a pc rather than of an intelligent being :huntyga:

Just not to trash Madonna because I'm really not part of that argument, also prettu much every song on the radio nowadays like that trap sh!t and whatsoever is just BAD music. People can like it and listen to it but there is and there will always be a difference between that kind of music and, for example, a song by Lady Gaga or by Tony Bennet or by Micharl Jacksom or Madonna, wheter people like it or not 

OT: I don't think she'll go #1 and I don't think that, after all this years in the business, she still has to and deserve it. She's done an AMAZING carreer but her recent material is in no way comparable to her masterpieces like LAP or TB. So, no, I don't think she will or she deserves it, there are far more artists who'd deserve it way more. Anyway I'd be hapoy for her if she does, that'll prove she still is a big and strong name in the industry against what lots of people think

Colourful

androiduser

I think #1 is only a possibility at this point... Bruce Springsteen and Jonas Brothers have their albums out around the same time in the US, so I think the Jonas Brothers have the highest chance of hitting #1, and Bruce Springsteen also regularly scores the #1 album in the US, so it might be  tight race.

In the UK I think #1 or #2 is almost sure.

AlexanderMagno

No, not really. Rebel Heart lead single was not a hit, but it seemed to be more talked-about. Medellín is almost non-existing.

Infinity Wave
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

No, not really. Rebel Heart lead single was not a hit, but it seemed to be more talked-about. Medellín is almost non-existing.

Well I gotta say here in Italy I hear it pretty often on the radio, and I rarely listen to it so it's been passed on radios quite a lot. 

Gurl isn't playing with EU payola this time :diane:

Colourful

19 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

Well I gotta say here in Italy I hear it pretty often on the radio, and I rarely listen to it so it's been passed on radios quite a lot. 

Yes, the song is doing amazing in Italy apparently. Italians always do better. :) Italy and Latin American markets seem to be the ones responding really well to the song.

shoful

Yes she has the tour bundles and an album comes with every merch which will get it there thankfully. Its so sad that Rebel Heart wasn’t #1 be cause that was such a solid piece of art

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Sassy McSass

I think so. People seem to be talking about Medellin more than Living for Love. Hopefully half the album won’t leak again this time.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

River
58 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

RDS loves Madonna, they used to play Ghosttown a lot

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived