Will Madame X Go #1?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Will Madame X Go #1?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

sillynate
2 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Rebel Heart broke her streak of 5 consecutive #1 albums, when it went #2.

So Ray of Light didn’t go #1? :oprah:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GAGAVENUS
17 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Cuz of the titanic soundtrack

androiduser
2 hours ago, steel said:

Yes, the song is doing amazing in Italy apparently. Italians always do better. :) Italy and Latin American markets seem to be the ones responding really well to the song.

it peaked at #37 in the official chart... I think fans are confusing itunes and anecdotal evidence ("my mom loves it!" "all my friends say it rocks!" etc) with the official numbers.

sillynate
37 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

Cuz of the titanic soundtrack

A Star is Born 21 Pilots teas :vegas:

Angelm

Ummm... I don’t know, maybe? If it’s a quiet week, yes! If not, then... no :madge:

RoverLoader

I actually don't think it will. Bruce Springsteen has an album out the same time and I think he will get the no 1 in both the States and the UK. Madam X is also the first Madonna album ever to not have a song hit the hot 100 (so far).

It's a shame. I think the music and the imagery has been on point this era, but it's not about that. Feels like the GP just isn't here for her now. If Ariana Grande had come out with Crave, it would be vying for no 1 right now. It feels like people aren't here for Madonna these days as much as it hurts me to say. Having said that, It's an odd contrast though. People are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on the theatre tour, but they won't buy or stream any of the new music? What do they think she will be showcasing on the tour? It won't just be the classic hits.

14 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it peaked at #37 in the official chart... I think fans are confusing itunes and anecdotal evidence ("my mom loves it!" "all my friends say it rocks!" etc) with the official numbers.

Yes, in my case my statement is mainly based on my general perception of what I have been reading online. 

Not keeping track or following the charts at all... Just enjoying the ride and everything she is giving us. 😊

JusKeepBreathin
13 hours ago, sillynate said:

Yeah, but it was facing  the Titanic Soundrack, a f@çking cultural phenomenon, not a Jonas Brothers album.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Anderson123

Most likely yes. People tend to forget that Rebel Heart leaked early and it still debuted at #2, which is still great.

RAMROD

I lean to not.

Reasoning is obvious, nobody talking about the songs she had been releasing for this album outside the pop forums.

I mean sure, that free CD with every purchase of Madame X Tour ticket certainly gonna help, but by how much, we don't know yet.

Most common people out there does not even know Madonna is releasing new music, especially since radio didn't play it much here.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

swakby
13 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

I actually don't think it will. Bruce Springsteen has an album out the same time and I think he will get the no 1 in both the States and the UK. Madam X is also the first Madonna album ever to not have a song hit the hot 100 (so far).

It's a shame. I think the music and the imagery has been on point this era, but it's not about that. Feels like the GP just isn't here for her now. If Ariana Grande had come out with Crave, it would be vying for no 1 right now. It feels like people aren't here for Madonna these days as much as it hurts me to say. Having said that, It's an odd contrast though. People are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on the theatre tour, but they won't buy or stream any of the new music? What do they think she will be showcasing on the tour? It won't just be the classic hits.

Rebel Heart didn't have a strong hit either..

I predict around 80k SPS first week, don't know if it will be enough for a #1. I'm sure the album will do better in Europe. 

Lyn Miller

Best part is.... I don't think she cares to go #1 - she loves to break records but looking at what she creating at an artist - this is about her and her relationship with her fans. 
That is what art should be about. 

Silvestro Devacelli

I mean rebel heart leaked several months before 

Gimme More

i hope so, she seems to have put a lot of effort into this album!

plus i just absolutely love Crave :legend:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Archived