opinion

Music by Madonna is underrated

Featured Posts

steel
1 hour ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

I definitely love the experimental sound. Of ROL and Music, but I feel as though it’s hard as an artist to stay with one distinct sound. I feel as though each album grew into eachother if that makes any sense, especially ROL-Confessions. I kind of group her albums together. Madonna-Bedtime Stories, ROL-Confessions, and Hard Candy-Madam X so far. 

That's really interesting to read, particularly the way you kind of group the albums. 

Madame X might actually be the start of new kind of 'arc' or 'group' in her discography, because it all points out it will be a very radical break from her previous two, which were heavily EDM-driven.

In the recent Vogue UK editorial, the way they described the album was very much around it being experimental, with elements of folktronica, and inspired in world music traditions. The return of Mirwais makes me really excited with the prospect of a new Music/American Life in her discography.

• Love 1

badgirlmeat

imo it's her best album along ROL and COADF :sara: (can't choose between those three :poot:)

also this song is one of her best :sara:

🤠
  • YAAAS 2

sillynate

Myu zik • makes the people • come together • {every body dance} • Myu zik • makes my boobs wobbly • and stilettos 

certified bops :applause:

I like to singy singy singy • like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy • I like to runna runna runna • there’s too much summa summa summa ah ah ah ah ah

ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, steel said:

That's really interesting to read, particularly the way you kind of group the albums. 

Madame X might actually be the start of new kind of 'arc' or 'group' in her discography, because it all points out it will be a very radical break from her previous two, which were heavily EDM-driven.

In the recent Vogue UK editorial, the way they described the album was very much around it being experimental, with elements of folktronica, and inspired in world music traditions. The return of Mirwais makes me really excited with the prospect of a new Music/American Life in her discography.

I actually think it may be the start to a new group as well! So far it’s hard to tell because we don’t have the whole thing. I’m really hoping it’s kind of like her early 2000s stuff, that’s where some of my favorite Madonna albums are. The way I think of it is Madonna-BS is the classic Madonna stuff, ROL-Confessions is the more spiritual awakened Madonna, and Hard Candy-RH and possibly Madam X being the return to a more fun trendy Madonna. It’s like 3 Major eras with several eras and reinventions smashed inside of it. I do feel as though madam x could start the next :excited:

• Love 1

ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, badgirlmeat said:

imo it's her best album along ROL and COADF :sara: (can't choose between those three :poot:)

also this song is one of her best :sara:

Honestly one of my favorites from the album, it’s so beautiful 

• YAAAS 1

River

I remember the days were everyone wore a cowboy hat and felt cool :laughga:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Love 1

ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, sillynate said:

Myu zik • makes my boobs wobbly • and stilettos 

I had to search the lyrics :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

River
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

I had to search the lyrics :ladyhaha:

Google gave me breasts problems results :sharon:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • LMAO 2

Maleficent
6 hours ago, steel said:

I agree! Madame X seems to be the start of a new Madonna arc. But what connects HC-RH for me is not so much the style of music (HC nor RH is EDM imo), but rather her image. From ROL-Confessions she had a much softer/mature/maternal image—you can see that in the costumes for the Confessions Tour, which are sensual yet grown up. HC-RH was a much more harsher rebellious madonna. I think she felt she needed to prove something being a divorced single mom in her 50s, that she doesn’t seem to anymore in the Madame X era. 

The British and Italian Vogue editorials show Madonna with a much softer/ethereal/mature look again whichever i think she’ll stick to this era

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 1

RoverLoader
9 hours ago, Karolina said:

Agreed!

As a little reminder: the most badass music video Madonna has ever released :giveup:

A funny little story. We have a sort of jukebox at our gym and I often put on Madonna and gaga songs. I love watching the reaction of all the big buff dudes tapping along to M or LG and then them seeing me catch them. A few weeks ago, I put this song on and it played the video too and it was  cute watching this huge body building bopping away to this. It's such an awesome track and video.

• Love 1