💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG5 = LG6

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Now, I know this has been countlessly theorised before - but I think there is *really* something to this... even down to recent indicators.  

To make sense of my point, I'm going to have to throw-it-back to the dark days of the pre-Joanne era. This is going to be a long read, but stick with me. 

Symbolism

During the pre-LG5 era, we were quick to notice Gaga's referencing of butterfly symbolism:

Spoiler

lady-gaga-women-in-music-2015-billbaord-

CgW3_gtWEAA7yjB.jpg

Coupled with this, came the additional and constant hint of  tornados and hurricanes; which is summarised by this image

As a lot of us will remember, the connection between butterflies and hurricanes is conceptualised by Chaos Theory - a mathematical branch of science that refers to how "small alterations can give rise to strikingly great consequences".

This consequential process is best exemplified by The Butterfly Effect... the idea that a butterfly flapping it's wings on one side of the planet, can be traced as the reason for a  hurricane on the other side of the world.

Gaga's awareness of this theory has been well-evidenced, which led to speculation that the 'original' LG5 would be based on this theme:

Spoiler

CgVYN0fWwAAFZ3K.jpgCgVYN0qXEAA9Fas.jpgCgVYN08XEAECeEN.jpgCgVYN2GWEAEWas8.jpg 60492609_2447410841959476_50042223253572

The 'Original' LG5:

In addition to ambiguous symbolism, the evidence we have of LG5's early production is very telling. 

For example, the night this picture was taken: 

CgVYN0qXEAA9Fas.jpg

Was the night that Gaga and Mark Ronson began working on LG5 in London.

The 'chaos angel' mention, coupled with the storm emoji, confirms a link to chaos theory. This tweet was sent when both Gaga and Daphne were still together. And considering how Mark and Gaga had met to work on the album, it is clear that they were all discussing the concept of chaos theory and how it could fit into the music. 

What's more, we know that RedOne was originally involved in LG5. And what's most telling about this, is how  the only surviving trace of these sessions is 'Angel Down' - a song about the 'angels ' of the world (the innocent, good people) getting caught up in society's 'chaos'. Is it really a coincidence that concepts of angels, chaos and terror were worked on with RedOne? 

Intel and "Chaos Theory":

At the beginning of 2015, coinciding with the influx of chaos theory symbolism, Gaga reached out to Intel to work on a year-long project that would culminate in a 2016 Grammy performance. This is confirmed by Paul Tapp (director of technology at Intel) in this interview

Within this interview, Paul explains how Gaga asked Intel to "make my environment come alive". She wanted to portray "the relationship between creativity and science" - and in doing so, wanted her movements to impact the world around her. This led to the creation of a ring that, once on Gaga's finger, would allow her every move to have consequence. Paul explains how "Gaga's movements literally caused the stage to respond in real time. It was robust: When she moved, it moved". 

Now, doesn't this sound a lot like something? A mathematical branch of science that refers to how "small alterations can give rise to strikingly great consequences" - Chaos Theory. 

Piecing everything together, it is clear that Gaga wanted to bring 'the butterfly effect' to the stage. She wanted to show how one movement can lead to a "holographic tornado of fluorescent colors".

Not convinced? 

-9tZCwug_SNHIrhOx1vK3YJ_l0QXube4L2buwl8U

The Grammy commercial literally features Intel's technological butterfly dress. I think it's quite clear what she wanted to do.

As we know, when David Bowie died, everything changed. "We had to start with a completely new creative one month before going live", Paul explains. And along with a change in the Grammy direction, we also know that this is when Gaga worked with Mark to create 'Joanne' - not the 'original' LG5 concept.

LG5 = LG6:

The death of David Bowie inspired Gaga to take a more personal approach to her work, which resulted in 'Joanne'. But beyond David's death, I think that Gaga wanted to 'save' the concept of 'chaos theory' for an era where she could demonstrate it's relevance to her own life more clearly. 

And knowing that ASIB - which she was aware of from late 2015 onwards, coinciding with LG5s shift - would likely transform her career, I believe that Gaga decided that she would, first, release Joanne to A)  compliment ASIB, and B) to release the 'chaos' album /after/ ASIB to demonstrate the butterfly effect. Think about it... Gaga's career post-ARTPOP has been, pop-culturally, chaos theory live in action: 

Spoiler

Gaga was dropped by Troy, which led to issues with ARTPOPs execution. This, in turn, created a public backlash against Gaga and the album... which pushed her to re-consider her career; resulting in Cheek to Cheek. Her rediscovered love for jazz music led to a role in ASIB, which influenced the direction of Joanne. And as a result of it all, Gaga booked the Superbowl Halftime Show, won an Oscar for ASIB, released two critically acclaimed albums, and had a worldwide #1 hit with Shallow. 

If Troy hadn't dropped Gaga, perhaps none of this would've ever had happened. And that right there is the chaos theory in action. 

Remember, a key facet of chaos theory is destruction. The small decisions we make can have a monumental impact on our life - an impact that we have to recover from. The butterfly flapping it's wings creates a tornado... and the destruction this creates has to be dealt with. Gaga's career was damaged, and she had to fix it piece-by-piece, which is what she has been doing since 2014. 

LG6 = 'Chaos' Evidence: 

I have already written a thorough analysis of Gaga's Met Gala piece. But what I didn't write about is it's relevance to LG6. And this is where things get *really* interesting.

From Gaga's Vogue video, we know that her Met performance was layered with deep meaning. She asks "why the umbrellas?", "why the oversized dress?"

Well, before attending the Met, Gaga uploaded a simple black-and-white aesthetic to her social media and remained silent for months. Indicating the 'calm before the storm', when Gaga made her first public appearance at the Gala... she did so with a performance that included umbrellas and her dress being dramatically blown up behind her - imagery all painting the picture of a chaotic storm

Further linking to chaos theory, Gaga's performance was an example of transformation (metamorphosis = butterfly). Shifting between different looks, she left her oversized dress and spread her wings to leave the storm: 

la-1557212256-zxt7fx6d5r-snap-image

And she did all of this whilst wearing... 

60335184_831107863916619_324093779134067

A butterfly necklace. 

Spoiler

Regarding this necklace, The Tiffany & Co. press release reads: 

"As she transformed on the red carpet, the necklace’s striking butterfly came into full view" 

The terminology here is very telling. Having provided jewellery for the night, Tiffany & Co. would've been given insight into the message behind Gaga's met performance. Their explanation of how Gaga "transformed" is indicative of this. 

Adding to this, Gaga was *very* careful and calculated in how she revealed the necklace. For the majority of the performance, she hides the butterfly centrepiece - only revealing it, very deliberately and overtly, once she had fully "transformed". See this moment at the Met for reference. 

Coupled with the stormy aesthetic (the wind, the umbrellas), it is undeniable how this all ties together. Gaga *literally* joined butterfly imagery (the transformations, the necklace, the eye-lashes) to storm imagery... which =  Chaos Theory. 

Still not convinced? 

Gaga's friend and photographer captioned a Met Gala moment with the following:

60347452_292955181644946_854368251439113

By using the butterfly in place of 'storm', Pierre's caption confirms - to me, at least - that Gaga and her team are still aware of the butterfly effect and chaos theory. And when you couple this with the umbrellas, the 'stormy' wind, the transformation and the butterfly necklace... it all adds up. 

Now, whether any of this means anything or not - I do not know. And even if it does, I certainly don't think that Gaga will reuse any of the 'original' LG5 tracks. But I really would not be surprised if the LG6 theme is a reworking of the theme of chaos. It is absolutely relevant to Gaga's life today, and it is clear that she and her team continue to use it / think about it / incorporate it into their work. 

Could LG6 finally be the manifestation of 'Chaos'? 

Spoiler

:shocked: :shrug:

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadonna
5 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Gaga was dropped by Troy, which led to issues with ARTPOPs execution. This, in turn, created a public backlash against Gaga and the album... which pushed her to re-consider her career; resulting in Cheek to Cheek. Her rediscovered love for jazz music led to a role in ASIB, which influenced the direction of Joanne. And as a result of it all, Gaga booked the Superbowl Halftime Show, won an Oscar for ASIB, released two critically acclaimed albums, and had a worldwide #1 hit with Shallow. 

If Troy hadn't dropped Gaga, perhaps none of this would've ever had happened. And that right there is the chaos theory in action. 

You are so right on this. 

Imma keep reading your post. 

Gagadonna
6 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Gaga's career was damaged, and she had to fix it piece-by-piece, which is what she has been doing since 2014. 

yes exactly 

Gagadonna
7 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Still not convinced? 

Gaga's friend and photographer captioned a Met Gala moment with the following:

60347452_292955181644946_854368251439113

omg

Mirages

Expected another thread of how are we numbering Gaga albums cause LG6 doesn't make sense :ladyhaha:

Instead we got a novel :laughga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

BleepBloop

Hmmm this isn't that much of a stretch actually. No one said she threw the stuff she made back then away, maybe she modernized it a bit 

Gagadonna

Okay I have read everything, and I must say I'm amazed by your thorough analysis. You may be right, I hope so. 

However, I don't see things that have been happening since ARTPOP as "rebuilding" her career (putting it back in its former shape) but more as "redefining" her career (giving it a brand new shape). Her fame is so much healthier now, she is not famous because of her crazy outfits but because of her talent. She is not a slave of the industry but she rules her own career. 

Before ARTPOP, she was the caterpillar, now she's transforming into the butterfly :vegas: 

YourWhiskyMouth

Liddos theorizing how Gaga comes up with album concepts:

007.gif

vs. How Gaga actually comes up with album concepts looking at pictures of old art while having a poo:

3-170.jpg

Gagadonna

Anyway, I really see LG6 as being the conclusion of her career since the beginning. It will be deep, true and dark, about pain and gain, loss and growth. I can really feel like it's gonna be her best album to date. 

Gam

This is such a good post  :bradley:

I'm a believer that this will happen now  :vegas:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

crisTEAne

YES! :bradley:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

AJRocketMan

That was really confusing and super f*cking long. I don’t get it at all.

EDIT: What’s with all the LMAO’s? I was being serious. The OP is really reaching for this concept in my eyes.

FameMonster01

I want to believe this, but it just sounds too good to be true.. I don't think Gaga is a person coming up with concepts and such anymore

Stef

I genuinely want to believe that Gaga has it in her to pull off such an intricate concept

Her most recent creative concept (Enigma) is quite wishy-washy and doesn’t give me confidence tbh :S 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Admin changed the title to LG5 = LG6

Archived