⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question

What were gaga singles that never ended up getting a release?

The13thNote

Born This Way's single release was messy after Judas. 

Originally Gaga wanted Marry the Night as the lead single followed by Born This Way and then The Edge of Glory. 

She also stated at certain points that her personal favorite was Black Jesus + Amen Fashion but the label shifted it as a B-side. Born This Way was an obvious smash and Hair even charted in the Top 10 after it's promotional release, but after Judas' underperformance, the rush release of TEOG and it's last minute failed video concept, it was too late for Yoü and I to see the kind of unique success it could have had. Marry the Night (although insanely anthemic and loveable) was the nail in the coffin when Gaga attempted to create a mini movie out of the video to salvage the era. Instead, it backfired, and people weren't even viewing the full video because of it's lengthy intro. Heavy Metal Lover was intended as a sixth single but was axed. She did perform it when she headlined the Ball Drop at New Year's Rockin' Eve though (which I was there lol). But after that Born This Way had drifted so far away that even bangers Scheibe, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Bad Kids, or Americano couldn't save it. 

Honestly, in retrospect, I think having Born This Way as a second or even third single would have done wonders for the era. Starting off with the one-two punch of maybe a Marry the Night and Hair release would have been cool. Then releasing the Born This Way song as the next single on the same day as the album would have worked much better. I think following that with TEOG and then Sceibe and then one of the other previously mentioned as a fifth and final single would have secured 3 or 4 number ones. 

The era was just too front loaded and therefore the entire time it just felt like it was losing steam. 

Isidro Guevara
12 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

Born This Way's single release was messy after Judas. 

Originally Gaga wanted Marry the Night as the lead single followed by Born This Way and then The Edge of Glory. 

She also stated at certain points that her personal favorite was Black Jesus + Amen Fashion but the label shifted it as a B-side. Born This Way was an obvious smash and Hair even charted in the Top 10 after it's promotional release, but after Judas' underperformance, the rush release of TEOG and it's last minute failed video concept, it was too late for Yoü and I to see the kind of unique success it could have had. Marry the Night (although insanely anthemic and loveable) was the nail in the coffin when Gaga attempted to create a mini movie out of the video to salvage the era. Instead, it backfired, and people weren't even viewing the full video because of it's lengthy intro. Heavy Metal Lover was intended as a sixth single but was axed. She did perform it when she headlined the Ball Drop at New Year's Rockin' Eve though (which I was there lol). But after that Born This Way had drifted so far away that even bangers Scheibe, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Bad Kids, or Americano couldn't save it. 

Honestly, in retrospect, I think having Born This Way as a second or even third single would have done wonders for the era. Starting off with the one-two punch of maybe a Marry the Night and Hair release would have been cool. Then releasing the Born This Way song as the next single on the same day as the album would have worked much better. I think following that with TEOG and then Sceibe and then one of the other previously mentioned as a fifth and final single would have secured 3 or 4 number ones. 

The era was just too front loaded and therefore the entire time it just felt like it was losing steam. 

True. I thought the era was too short. This is my dream era:

1.Marry The Night ( FEB.2011)

2. Born This Way (Late-APR. 2011)

ALBUM RELEASE (Early May 2011)

3. The Edge Of Glory (AUG.2011)

4. Yoü And I (Dec. 2011)

5. Heavy Metal Lover (MAR.2012)

I think an era like this would have given Gaga a much more serious image and would have lasted longer!

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

Quartz

If you're really curious, here's my controversial thread discussing it in detail. Leave me a Love not a Lmao!! :laughga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

KatieJudasGaga4
14 hours ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

Aura/sexxx dreams/manicure was planned as the lead singles from ARTPOP but was scrapped

Starstruck was planned as the 6th single from The fame but was scrapped due to Bad Romance’s fame

BDR was planned as the second single but was scrapped and replaced with Poker Face

Dance in the dark was planned as the final ingle from TFM but was scrapped

A-YO was planned as the second single from Joanne but was scrapped, same with Venus

Then HML, Scheiße & Government Hooker was all planned as singles but was scrapped due to MTN’S underperform & they thought scheiße was too weak

Not trying to attack you, but most of this was wrong.

Aura was planned as a lead single, but scrapped due to Interscope wanting to release Applause

Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE were intended to be singles, since Gaga wanted fans to vote for them, but weren't chosen later on.

Dance In The Dark was intended as the 3rd single for The Fame Monster, but Gaga pushed Alejandro to be released instead, Speechless was going to be the final single tho.

Starstruck was intended to be the 2nd single from TF, but once Just Dance was gaining popularity, it was changed.

Boys Boys Boys was going to be the final single from TF, but Gaga wanted to start a new era.

My Holy Trinity: Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Mariah Carey

Angelm

Besides from the ones already mentioned... at this point, around 8 possible singles from #LG6 have been scrapped :derpga:

GAGAVENUS
15 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

were ARTPOP to be released NOW, then it could have well took off.

If ARTPOP was released in 2019, Aura would’ve been too controversial and Gaga would’ve been canceled 

obviously R Kelly wouldn’t have been on the album which probably would’ve been a good thing in the long run

arrtpop

if aura had been the lead, i doubt i would be here as a fan today. i found gaga when my teacher turned on the radio and “applause” was playing and i went home and watched the video, then bought ARTPOP and the rest is history. 

so while aura wasn’t the lead i’m happy it wasn’t, i doubt i would have done the same if it was the lead (even tho i love aura sm).

aphrodite

illbekind
20 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

About, Born This Way singles, Scheisse was supposed to be the 2nd single, but Interscope didn't think the song strong enough, so, was replaced with Judas.

Heavy Metal Lover was planned to be the 6th single, but was cancelled because Marry the Night underperfomed.

About ARTPOP singles, Sexxx Dreams / MANiCURE was meant to be the lead single, so much that she even announced on her social networks, but was replaced with Applause.

Venus would be the 2nd single, after Aura and Telephone continuation be rejected.

One of the many reasons ARTPOP has not been a success is the choice of singles

Ok none of this is true. Lmao  

Scheisse wasnt supposed to be a single. It was a promo for Nicola Formichettis Thierry Mugler show. The actual song was saved to promote Fame fragrance. The Edge Of Glory was released after Judas as a promo single for the album but performed way above expectations so was made 3rd single. It has nothing to do with Judas underperforming,

And Judas underperforming had nothing to do with “controversy” or Easter or anything that people like to say. It underperformed because it was a boring heard it before mash up of Poker Face and Bad Romance. The intro is Bad Romance, the verses and bridge are literally Poker Face and the chorus and post chorus is back to Bad romance  

At this point BTW had 3 single releases and one remix released before the album even dropped. Then there was the FarmVille promo which also saw Marry the Night and Electric Chapel be released however this was super close to the album release. HML was written very close to the album release and was never planned to be a single. 

Venus WAS announced as second single but it was decided after Do What U Want was released as a promo single that outperformed expectations (this is right on the end of the sales era) that it would become a single instead. This was also due to it being on a Beats/Best Buy advertisement. 

She never announced Manicure or Sexxx Dreams as first single from ARTPOP on socials. The rumour is that she leaked Aura because she wanted to release it as first single (when it was still titled Burqa and you can find this demo online) but her label or people in her team at the time were messing with her creatively and using her for money. To be honest she was smoking a lot of pot at the time and got a big head in this era and ARTPOP underperformed because the music is commercially subpar. But this is what the GUY video is about and why she parted ways with Troy Carter. 

illbekind

Not these “lil Monstas” who were 4 years old during TF/TFM/BTW eras still listening to Kidz Bop versions of the albums literally making **** up about unreleased singles. :bye:

KatieJudasGaga4
52 minutes ago, illbekind said:

Ok none of this is true. Lmao  

Scheisse wasnt supposed to be a single. It was a promo for Nicola Formichettis Thierry Mugler show. The actual song was saved to promote Fame fragrance. The Edge Of Glory was released after Judas as a promo single for the album but performed way above expectations so was made 3rd single. It has nothing to do with Judas underperforming,

And Judas underperforming had nothing to do with “controversy” or Easter or anything that people like to say. It underperformed because it was a boring heard it before mash up of Poker Face and Bad Romance. The intro is Bad Romance, the verses and bridge are literally Poker Face and the chorus and post chorus is back to Bad romance  

Ok this is wrong lol. Scheisse, was in fact, supposed to be the 2nd single from BTW, but Judas was chosen instead. And yes, Judas underperforming was due because of the controversy. Literally radios stopped playing it because of complaints of Christian/Religious people and groups. It was performing well the first weeks worldwide until people kept boycotting the song.

My Holy Trinity: Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Mariah Carey

Rifek

So many wasted opportunities.

Imagine turning on the radio today and bopping to Boys Boys Boys or Sexxx Dreams playing between Me! and Ariana Grande songs :music:

Which one of the unreleased singles you think would do the best on the radio and charts? 

💩💛💩💚💩♥️💩🤍💩💙💩🖤💩💗💩💛💩💚💩♥️💩🤍💩💙💩

RoverLoader
21 minutes ago, Rifek said:

So many wasted opportunities.

Imagine turning on the radio today and bopping to Boys Boys Boys or Sexxx Dreams playing between Me! and Ariana Grande songs :music:

Which one of the unreleased singles you think would do the best on the radio and charts? 

There is literally nothing like Sexx Dreams on the scene atm. So Sexx Dreams it is!  Makes me wish LG6 is a true return to pop dance

whateveradore
23 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Most of the rumours are just fan made.

Venus, Aura, A-Yo, Boys Boys Boys. These are the only songs that were confirmed to be singles but were not, and we know the reasons. Every other song that was rumoured to be a single is just fans' wishes.

Sorry but your wrong babe.

Beautiful Dirty Rich it's confirmed since they recorded the music video and released it as a promo single just like Eh, Eh (There's Nothing I Can Say).
Dance In The Dark was indeed sent to multiple radio stations as a SINGLE, mainly in Europe tho.
Scheisse, Gaga posted multiple times on chat with fans at LittleMonster.com that it would, in fact, be the "next" single. + she stated in multiple interviews that she wanted Born This Way to have 10 singles (or to be a visual record), it's believed that Government Hooker was a pick due to the VMA promo shoot and Mugler runway.
Sexxx Dreams, well you can still find the tweet of her asking fans about it.

The rest I must admit sound forced but who knows haha

whateveradore

5 hours ago, illbekind said:

Scheisse

Judas  

Manicure or Sexxx Dreams 

Gaga announced multiple time with fans chats on LittleMonsters.com that Scheisse would be the "next single".
Radio stations STOPPED playing Judas cause of Christians petitions.
Sexxs Dreams wasn't supposed to be the lead but Gaga asked fans which song from the SwineFest we would like it to be the next single, you still can find the tweet.
MANiCURE multiple fans at different dates have stated that Gaga would practically say that at every ArtRAVE Meet&Greet 

whateveradore
15 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

It doesn't make sense

He was supposed to direct it, Gaga had a treatment to it already as it was supposed to be 2nd single, but then they changed to DWUW so they never shot it.
She probably even had the set and outfits ready, that's what she meant with a preview.