Stefani Tee
question

What were gaga singles that never ended up getting a release?

Featured Posts

LilyLark
15 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Well yeah the whole politics around that time. It was all very hush hush! I never knew Troy gave permission for Madge to use BTW! Wow...All sounds so juicy.

I probably should have worded that differently since it's all speculation—it wasn't ever confirmed, but Madonna wouldn't have been able to perform BTW without getting permission and Gaga's co-writer said he got paid everytime Madonna sang it. Troy also used to associate with Madonna's manager Guy a lot (it was mentioned in some interview he gave when he still managed Gaga that he was friendly with Guy), so I think people assumed that he either convinced Gaga to okay it or didn't fight Interscope over Madonna getting permission to perform the song.

I don't think it was particularly juicy imo—I think it was just typical mismanagement (other singers have talked about being overworked, too) and Gaga probably wasn't the easiest client at the time, either.

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 2

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Probably should have worded that differently since it's all speculation—it wasn't ever confirmed, but Madonna wouldn't have been able to perform BTW without getting permission and Gaga's co-writer said he got paid everytime Madonna sang it. Troy also used to associate with Madonna's manager Guy a lot (it was mentioned in some interview he gave when he still managed Gaga that he was friendly with Guy), so I think people assumed that he either convinced Gaga to okay it or didn't fight Interscope over Madonna getting permission to perform the song.

I don't think it was particularly juicy imo—I think it was just typical mismanagement (other singers have talked about being overworked, too) and Gaga probably wasn't the easiest client at the time, either.

Still very interesting. I never knew this at all! 

• Like 1

Animal Claws
6 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

I'd be curious to see them if you come across them again. 

I found on YT, but i have some pictures from Official Music Video, this is the LQ quality

Edited by Animal Claws
Don't cry, don't scream. Lift your head, move on, because you're on The Edge Of Glory ❤️
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

LilyLark

I thought it was weird that there wasn't a second single released from ASIB, and that ASIB didn't get a typical "singles push." AUTW could have been huge, imo. BHot 100 relies so heavily on streaming nowadays, and perhaps Interscope just decided to focus on the pure sales (which is where they get the most money)?

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 2

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, Animal Claws said:

I found on YT, but i have some pictures from Official Music Video, this is the LQ quality

Wow, this is fascinating! I wonder how you get so far as to doing a video for a song to be lead, then it doesn't even get released!!!!

RoverLoader
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I thought it was weird that there wasn't a second single released from ASIB, and that ASIB didn't get a typical "singles push." AUTW could have been huge, imo. The charts rely so heavily on streaming nowadays, and perhaps Interscope just decided to focus on the pure sales (which is where they get the most money)?

Well I thought it was odd too. I mean if you think of The Body Guard soundtrack and that spawned 4 well known songs that became hits and part of Whitneys regular rotation, why not with ASIB. Even Evita had 4 singles! I mean IARUTW hasn't left the iTunes top ten in several countries since release.

Tbh, Im probably not the best person to discuss ASIB singles as I'm not really a big fan of SHallow but I play Why did you do that on a weekly basis …..:oops:

Jackson would hate me :ohwell:

Edited by RoverLoader
  • LMAO 1

FfFfFfFF

The Fame: Boys Boys Boys was the intended next single before Bad romance came into picture.  It's rumored that Beautiful Dirty Rich was intended to be the second single instead of Poker Face, therefore that is the reason it got a music video. Fans however were militating for Summerboy to get the single tratament. 

The Fame Monster: Gaga and her label had a dispute around the last single, while the label wanted Dance In The Dark (which later did become a single in some territories) she wanted Alejandro. Another obvious possible single promoted by fans was Monster.

Born This Way: Her vision was to have Marry The Night (instead of Born This Way), The Edge Of Glory (instead of Judas) and Scheisse as singles. At one point Gaga said she wanted this album to have 10 singles but wasn't specific about the song the we can go on and on speculating. It's highly likely that she wanted Fashion Of His Love but she decided not to release it because of plagiarism claim fears as her popularity wasn't the best then and just had the BTW/ Madonna thing. Some say she performed Heavy Metal Lover at New york Eve to test waters. PropaGaga said on another forum that Government Hooker has a music video filmed but never released, it's up to you if you believe it.

ARTPOP: The supposed lead singles before Applause were Aura (leaked by herself here because of frustration that her label didn't approve it) and Sexxx Dreams. After Swinefest she created some twitter polls for fans to vote the next singles but never applied the results. :poot: The original second single instead of Do What U Want was Venus and the music video was still in the creating (not filming) stage when it got cancelled. The songs switched because of the positive reaction to the now defunct DWUW. The battle for the final single was supposedly between GUY and Gypsy.

Joanne: Some speculate that the song the label was rooting for as the next single was A-YO, not Million Reasons and that they got switched when Million Reasons went #1 on itunes after the Carpool Karaoke performance. Some say that that John Wayne got a music video because they had plans for it to be a single after Superbowl. PropaGa again said on another forum that before The Cure the label was testing the waters for Dancin' In Circles (the obvious fan-favorite and the song fans were militating for).

A Star Is Born: Rushing to release Shallow before the soundtrack was a moment decision. According to album stickers, the central songs (that were meant to be further promoted) were I'll Never Love Again and Always Remember Us This Way.

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

A Hybrid
50 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

About, Born This Way singles, Scheisse was supposed to be the 2nd single, but Interscope didn't think the song strong enough, so, was replaced with Judas.

Heavy Metal Lover was planned to be the 6th single, but was cancelled because Marry the Night underperfomed.

Both very logical, no?

I just wanted to be one of The Strokes

RoverLoader
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The Fame: Boys Boys Boys was the intended next single before Bad romance came into picture.  It's rumored that Beautiful Dirty Rich was intended to be the second single instead of Poker Face, therefore it's the reason it got a music video. Fans however were militating for Summerboy to get the single tratament. 

The Fame Monster: Gaga and her label had a dispute around the last single, while the label wanted Alejandro she wanted Dance In The Dark (which later become one in some territories). Another obvious possible single promoted by fans was Monster.

Born This Way: Her vision was to have Marry The Night (instead of Born This Way), The Edge Of Glory (instead of Judas) and Scheisse as singles. At one point Gaga said she wanted this album to have 10 singles but wasn't specific about the song the we can go on and on about speculation. It's highly likely that she wanted Fashion Of His Love but she decided not to release it because of plagiarism claim fears as her popularity wasn't the best then and just had the BTW/ Madonna thing. Some say she performed Heavy Metal Lover at New york Eve to test waters. PropaGaga said on another forum that Government Hooker has a music video filmed but never released, it's up to you if you believe.

ARTPOP: The supposed lead singles before Applause were Aura (leaked by herself here because of frustration that her label didn't approve it) and Sexxx Dreams. After Swinefest she created some twitter poll for fans to vote the next singles but never applied the results. :poot: The original second single instead of Do What U Want was Venus and the music video was still in the creating (not filming) stage when it got cancelled. The songs switched because of the positive reaction to the now defunct DWUW. The battle for the final single was supposedly between GUY and Gypsy.

Joanne: Some speculate that the song the album was rooting for as the next single was A-YO, not Million Reasons and that they got switched when Million Reasons went #1 on itunes after the Carpool Karaoke performance. Some say that that John Wayne got a music video because they had plans for it to be a single after Superbowl. PropaGa again said on another forum that before The Cure the label was testing the water for Dancin' In Circles (the obvious fan-favorite and the song fans was militating for).

A Star Is Born: Rushing to release Shallow before the soundtrack was a moment decision. According to album stickers, the central songs were from the start I'll Never Love Again and Always Remember Us This Way.

Fascinating! Thanks for posting! I honestly think gypsy should have been a single. I know GUY did badly, but they could have served one more single to radio with a cute, low budget buut well executed video!

• Like 3

Italian

Apparently The Edge Of Glory was first released without it being an official single, so do we know if they planned another song as the third single instead?

Bloody hooker

Born This Way:

Marry the Night was supposed to be the lead

Scheiße was supposed to be the second single

The Edge of Glory most likely became the third single due to it’s popularity, similar to DWUW. Hair was released a week before TEOG as a promo song. So Interscope and Gaga probably wanted to see which one fans supported most.

Heavy Metal Lover was supposed be the sixth single, but Marry the Night underperformed

Gaga also wanted 10 singles from the album, but Interscope didn’t want that many.

ARTPOP:

Aura most likely was the original lead single. Some say it was supposed to be Sexxx Dreams.

Venus was supposed to be the second single, but DWUW gained popularity

Gaga and fans wanted Sexxx Dreams and Manicure as singles, but Interscope most likely disapproved

Gypsy was rumored to be the fourth single, but G.U.Y. underperformed

Joanne:

Not too much is known about single choices besides the original canceled LG5

A-YO was meant to be the second single, but Million Reasons gained popularity

John Wayne is one I’m not sure about. To me it seems like Gaga and Interscope wanted to test the waters, but never officially released it.

Joanne was only a single in Italy

ASIB:

Most movie soundtracks never really release singles besides the promotion song. Plus Gaga most likely doesn’t want to sing songs (the pop ones) from ASIB, because they are considered “shallow”.

Edited by Bloody hooker
This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
  • Like 2

RoverLoader
9 minutes ago, Italian said:

Apparently The Edge Of Glory was first released without it being an official single, so do we know if they planned another song as the third single instead?

This. Wasn't Edge of Glory elevated to single after it took off on iTunes?

Edited by RoverLoader

ArtGagaPop
11 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

This. Wasn't Edge of Glory elevated to single after it took off on iTunes?

yep, She released TEOG as a promo single and it debuted at #3 on the hot 100 even without being a single, so when they saw how successful it was they made it into a real single. The same happend with DWUW, was only a promo single at first but it did so well on Itunes that it made it into the 2nd single and Venus that was planed as the 2nd single became only a promo single instead. 

• Like 1

ArtGagaPop
50 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

i'm pretty sure this is fake, because after the management mess and the 2nd single change to dwuw i think they never even shoot a video for the song even though it was planned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Hi Its Nicole
1 hour ago, Candy Gaga said:

That was Boys Boys Boys not Starstruck sis 

Yeah but Starstruck was also supposed to be the 3rd single

Hello Gaga