Stefani Tee
question

What were gaga singles that never ended up getting a release?

Featured Posts

Animal Claws
2 minutes ago, pascualgenis said:

She teased that there was the continuation for telepapa, we assumed was aura because i think it is obvious but anyway... not everything happens in a week, but the reflection can be for a longtime.

And until today we wait for this continuation :huntyga:

Don't cry, don't scream. Lift your head, move on, because you're on The Edge Of Glory ❤️

RoverLoader

Aura has that Tarentino-esque sound which I suppose would have led on nicely from Telephone. She probably could have roped in Beyoncé again too for a sequal. TBH I feel ARTPOP as a whole was very underappreciated. I know it my be an unpopular opinion but I feel there is less filler on it than Say The Fame. When I listen to The Fame, I think of it as the singles and I like it rough. ARTPOP stands up as a stronger body of work overall to me. I was surprised they abandoned it so quickly.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

LilyLark
26 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Yeah, this was never really explained.

Her team falling apart? I always figured it was a combination of factors: money/legal mismanagement (people suing each other and two suing Gaga for $ and her counter—suing...also, Troy admitted Eve fired him in some interview back in the day so I always thought that kind of lead some weight to the mismanagement theory), Troy overbooking Gaga and giving allegedly having a hand in Madonna having permission to use BTW, and  Gaga herself might have been hard to deal with at the time (she came off as high a lot).

Edited by LilyLark

RoverLoader
11 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

There's a Music Video which was being recorded for Venus when she was still  chosen a single. You can still find some excerpts on the Internet

It's not this I take it? Even though this is actually really cool

• LMAO 3

GAGAJANDRO

Aura/sexxx dreams/manicure was planned as the lead singles from ARTPOP but was scrapped

Starstruck was planned as the 6th single from The fame but was scrapped due to Bad Romance’s fame

BDR was planned as the second single but was scrapped and replaced with Poker Face

Dance in the dark was planned as the final ingle from TFM but was scrapped

A-YO was planned as the second single from Joanne but was scrapped, same with Venus

Then HML, Scheiße & Government Hooker was all planned as singles but was scrapped due to MTN’S underperform & they thought scheiße was too weak

I’m banned until October
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Her team falling apart? I always figured it was a combination of factors: money/legal mismanagement (people suing each other and two suing Gaga for $ and her counter—suing), Troy overbooking Gaga and giving Madonna permission to use BTW, and  Gaga herself might have been hard to deal with at the time (she came off as high a lot).

Well yeah the whole politics around that time. It was all very hush hush! I never knew Troy gave permission for Madge to use BTW! Wow...All sounds so juicy.

ReginaGeorge
29 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

So I've been listening to Born This Way today and it struck me how odd the single realeases for that album were. Judas was a strange choice for second single and was it true Edge of Glory was rush released after the relative disappointment of Judas in the charts? I adored Heavy Metal Lover, but I know that wasn't a single contender. Wasn't sheibe rumored to be a single at one point?

With ARTPOP, wasn't Venus supposed to be the lead single and somehow it never was released as a single at all? Howcome there have been no more official singles from ASIB? I love the strategy and discussion around single releases, so if ya'll have good memories of why certain songs were picked over others, please do share!

Judas/EOG situation is kinda true. 

HML and Scheiße - false. HML was never supposed to be a single, and she herself said that she had something special in mind for Scheiße aka her Fame perfume promo. 

Venus - also false. Aura was supposed to be lead and that’s why she leaked it when her label didn’t allow her to release it. 

Boys Boys Boys was supposed to be a single but they wanted Bad Romance out so it never happened. 

Dance in The Dark was also supposed to be a single but also never happened. 

Same goes for Venus. 

• Thanks 4

Animal Claws
1 minute ago, RoverLoader said:

Aura has that Tarentino-esque sound which I suppose would have led on nicely from Telephone. She probably could have roped in Beyoncé again too for a sequal. TBH I feel ARTPOP as a whole was very underappreciated. I know it my be an unpopular opinion but I feel there is less filler on it than Say The Fame. When I listen to The Fame, I think of it as the singles and I like it rough. ARTPOP stands up as a stronger body of work overall to me. I was surprised they abandoned it so quickly.

I really admire ARTPOP, it's really a shame he was not so recognizable because it was "confusing" and phrases like "she used a lot of concept".  But we can not forget that it was a fall from Gaga's career, and it was he who made her change course, such as the entry for the Jazz with Cheek to Cheek, the debut as an actress in AHS, the album Joanne and the biggest success  Shallow of ASIB.

thanks to it, Gaga has evolved greatly as an artist

Don't cry, don't scream. Lift your head, move on, because you're on The Edge Of Glory ❤️
  • Like 1

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

Aura/sexxx dreams/manicure was planned as the lead singles from ARTPOP but was scrapped

Starstruck was planned as the 6th single from The fame but was scrapped due to Bad Romance’s fame

BDR was planned as the second single but was scrapped and replaced with Poker Face

A-YO was planned as the second single from Joanne but was scrapped, same with Venus

Then HML, Scheiße & Government Hooker was all planned as singles but was scrapped due to MTN’S underperform & they thought scheiße was too weak

OMG I forgot about Ayo supposed to be a single! WTF happened there????

• Like 1

Animal Claws
2 minutes ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

Starstruck was planned as the 6th single from The fame but wa

Oops... Starstruck was planned to be 2nd single from TF, with BDR but Poker Face was chosen 

Boys Boys Boys would be the 6th single, but TFM era became

Animal Claws
2 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

OMG I forgot about Ayo supposed to be a single! WTF happened there????

A-YO was replaced with Million Reasons because of excessive sucess

Animal Claws
5 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

It's not this I take it? Even though this is actually really cool

No, this is fan made

You can find the real snippets in Facebook

Candy Gaga
5 minutes ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

That was Boys Boys Boys not Starstruck sis 

• Shook 2
  • Thanks 2

RoverLoader
2 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

Oops... Starstruck was planned to be 2nd single from TF, with BDR but Poker Face was chosen 

Boys Boys Boys would be the 6th single, but TFM era became

Well they DEFINATLEY made the right decision there!

• Like 1

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, Animal Claws said:

No, this is fan made

You can find the real snippets in Facebook

I'd be curious to see them if you come across them again.