Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What were gaga singles that never ended up getting a release?

RoverLoader

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

So I've been listening to Born This Way today and it struck me how odd the single realeases for that album were. Judas was a strange choice for second single and was it true Edge of Glory was rush released after the relative disappointment of Judas in the charts? I adored Heavy Metal Lover, but I know that wasn't a single contender. Wasn't sheibe rumored to be a single at one point?

With ARTPOP, wasn't Venus supposed to be the lead single and somehow it never was released as a single at all? Howcome there have been no more official singles from ASIB? I love the strategy and discussion around single releases, so if ya'll have good memories of why certain songs were picked over others, please do share!

Animal Claws
1 minute ago, RoverLoader said:

So I've been listening to Born This Way today and it struck me how odd the single realeases for that album were. Judas was a strange choice for second single and was it true Edge of Glory was rush released after the relative disappointment of Judas in the charts? I adored Heavy Metal Lover, but I know that wasn't a single contender. Wasn't sheibe rumored to be a single at one point?

With ARTPOP, wasn't Venus supposed to be the lead single and somehow it never was released as a single at all? Howcome there have been no more official singles from ASIB? I love the strategy and discussion around single releases, so if ya'll have good memories of why certain songs were picked over others, please do share!

About, Born This Way singles, Scheisse was supposed to be the 2nd single, but Interscope didn't think the song strong enough, so, was replaced with Judas.

Heavy Metal Lover was planned to be the 6th single, but was cancelled because Marry the Night underperfomed.

About ARTPOP singles, Sexxx Dreams / MANiCURE was meant to be the lead single, so much that she even announced on her social networks, but was replaced with Applause.

Venus would be the 2nd single, after Aura and Telephone continuation be rejected.

One of the many reasons ARTPOP has not been a success is the choice of singles

RoverLoader

"Sexxx Dreams / MANiCURE was meant to be the lead single"

Wow I never heard that one. I could definitely see Sexxx Dremas being a single. Odd they gave up after 3.

RoverLoader
7 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Idk about the rest but she wanted Aura to be the lead

Seems Like Gaga is about as good at picking singles as Madonna lol. ( she thought Vogue should be a B side).  I mean I like Aura but its not a single is it? I do think Applause was the right choice for lead though.

Animal Claws
7 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Aura would be STRONG sucess, like a Lead single

Animal Claws

Gypsy would be the 3rd single but Interscope chose G.U.Y

This choice was horrible :saladga:

LilyLark

I always thought it was weird that You and I or The Edge of Glory was the second release for BTW, since Judas was so reminiscent of Bad Romance. You and I would have been a massive hit, imo, if it was released as her second single.

Wasn't the whole Venus and ARTPOP mess because Troy left her literally a week or two before ARTPOP dropped? Like her whole team fell apart right when she was choosing which singles to release, etc.?

RoverLoader
Just now, Animal Claws said:

Aura would be STRONG sucess, like a Lead single

You think? I feel it's a bit too polarising or quirky to be a lead. It's an unusual song. The verses are very idiosyncratic yet the chorus is as catchy as anything she's ever done. "Do ya wanna see me naked Lover" is an ear wurm.  Overall, I think it was too left field of a choice to be a single. Having said that, were ARTPOP to be released NOW, then it could have well took off.

ARTEPOPINTHELIFE
12 minutes ago, dynamite said:

they should have done Aura the lead single...

xoxo

Animal Claws

There's a Music Video which was being recorded for Venus when she was still  chosen a single. You can still find some excerpts on the Internet

RoverLoader
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Wasn't the whole Venus and ARTPOP mess because Troy left her literally a week or two before ARTPOP dropped? Like her whole team fell apart right when she was choosing which singles to release, etc.?

Yeah, this was never really explained.

ARTEPOPINTHELIFE
Just now, RoverLoader said:

You think? I feel it's a bit too polarising or quirky to be a lead. It's an unusual song. The verses are very idiosyncratic yet the chorus is as catchy as anything she's ever done. "Do ya wanna see me naked Lover" is an ear wurm.  Overall, I think it was too left field of a choice to be a single. Having said that, were ARTPOP to be released NOW, then it could have well took off.

but she was serving an enigmatic attitude during that year and everything was really mysterious about it.

then they changed it for applause and ARTPOP became that, just a fun thing to make people dance.

xoxo

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, pascualgenis said:

but she was serving an enigmatic attitude during that year and everything was really mysterious about it.

then they changed it for applause and ARTPOP became that, just a fun thing to make people dance.

So I wonder when Applause came into the picture? It seems it was literally never discussed until it became the actual lead!

ARTEPOPINTHELIFE

She teased that there was the continuation for telepapa, we assumed was aura because i think it is obvious but anyway... not everything happens in a week, but the reflection can be for a longtime.

xoxo

Archived