Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Nothing will ever beat 90s Madonna

Featured Posts

Haruki Murakami
51 minutes ago, steel said:

We all got your hatred a long time ago! You are that kind of Gaga fan that can only enjoy Gaga and no one else, and the ultimate result is that you spend your time trying to bring everyone else down. That has name, you know. It's being pressed.

You are totally free to post your opinion, but the same way you do, anyone here can create threads about anything they want to discuss, including Madonna. There's an entertainment section, there's a world news section, etc. 

So no, although this is GGD, people here are not only required to discuss Gaga. If you don't like it, move along. Create your own Gaga-only place of worship, where all you can discuss is Gaga.

And as for your weak argument that Madonna fans here are pressed about her new stuff, you couldn't be more wrong. The fact that Madonna 37 years into her career is putting out original music, touring the world, and maintaining herself active creatively is a treat for any Madonna fan. Just look at the number of threads that pop up every day about old and new Madonna stuff. I think this actually what is triggering you and  causing you to vent all that deeply held frustration. :ladyhaha:

You know, but ultimately sweetie, you don't need be so insecure. Gaga is Gaga and Madonna is Madonna. People can enjoy both things.

I actually enjoy quite a lot of music henny from English to Spanish, from pop to Banda, from reggaeton to corridos. I don’t need to like Madonna or enjoy her music and I can voice that just as you can praise her. I think she’s talented and a legend but in my opinion GAGA does it better and I am free to say that. I am free to say that I dislike Madonna’s music and that her recent stuff is basic, I can say that because that is my opinion. And yes people can enjoy both GAGA and Madonna, I not once said the opposite so get off your high horse.

• LMAO 2

Haruki Murakami
19 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

The irony in you telling Little Monsters not to live in the past, when this thread is called "nothing will ever beat 90s madonna", the whole thread is living in the past. 

And no offence, but you're rude. 

Also, madonna may have pushed the envelope and done a few interesting things, but she does lack vocal ability and range. Regarding her new music, she needs to lay off the autotune and all that quantization and work on her vocal range.  

I agree.

• LMAO 1

TheBatman
3 minutes ago, ECORONA said:

I actually enjoy quite a lot of music henny from English to Spanish, from pop to Banda, from reggaeton to corridos. I don’t need to like Madonna or enjoy her music and I can voice that just as you can praise her. I think she’s talented and a legend but in my opinion GAGA does it better and I am free to say that. I am free to say that I dislike Madonna’s music and that her recent stuff is basic, I can say that because that is my opinion. And yes people can enjoy both GAGA and Madonna, I not once said the opposite so get off your high horse.

You're so edgy and cool I bet everyone in your life loves hearing your wise educated opinions, professor. Cant wait to hear them again in every new Madonna thread this era, really adds some flavor 

• Thanks 3

LouiseVeronica

Back to the topic at hand. Which 90's era do you think had the best music videos? So many to choose from, but to me I can't decide if it's Ray of Light era videos, or Bedtime Stories videos I love the most. BS gave us Secret, Human Nature, Bedtime Stories, and Take a Bow. ROL gave us Frozen, Ray of Light, Power of Goodbye, Drowned World, and Nothing Really Matters. The variety is just insane!! Based on how epic the Medellin video is, I feel like Madame X is gonna be another era with incredible music videos!

• Love 1

Haruki Murakami
5 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

You're so edgy and cool I bet everyone in your life loves hearing your wise educated opinions, professor. Cant wait to hear them again in every new Madonna thread this era, really adds some flavor 

Thank you. Like wise, must be so cool staning the one and only creator of not only pop music but life itself. See you in the next one :trollga:

• Love 1

ARTPOPSlays
2 hours ago, ECORONA said:

It’s really not my responsibility to watch what I comment on your posts:stalkga:

It is however you responsibity to be respectful towards everyone’s opinions on these threads. If you don’t like it don’t click it. Simple and easy :staymad:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Reject False Icons
49 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Back to the topic at hand. Which 90's era do you think had the best music videos? So many to choose from, but to me I can't decide if it's Ray of Light era videos, or Bedtime Stories videos I love the most. BS gave us Secret, Human Nature, Bedtime Stories, and Take a Bow. ROL gave us Frozen, Ray of Light, Power of Goodbye, Drowned World, and Nothing Really Matters. The variety is just insane!! Based on how epic the Medellin video is, I feel like Madame X is gonna be another era with incredible music videos!

Yesssss Ray of Light era had a great cohesion in her music videos, and the total 5 of them felt complete, with great concepts and high-budget. 

She hasn't released 5 videos of an era ever since. And also I think was the only pop star to shoot with Chris Cunningham (which he ended up hating it) but still delivered :tony:

• Love 1

ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, ECORONA said:

Yes you are allowed to voice your opinion. There’s nothing wrong with that. However, scrolling through this thread I found your first comment which immediately came off as rude disrespecting the OP’s opinion telling them to talk about it elsewhere saying no one cares. When clearly, many people in this thread (including me) care about the subject, and as stated before by another member, there are several sections of this website that are not just dedicated to Gaga. So yes, you can voice your opinion. But you can’t come in here being rude towards another members opinion and expect them to respect yours when you were the one coming in here being rude and negative in the first place. Clearly you need a little growing up to do to realize that being rude is not apart of stating an opinion. No shade, just tea. And I suggest you get off of your highhorse, because the OP did nothing wrong. 

good day

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

ARTPOPSlays

Back to the topic, I have to say ROL so far is my favorite Madonna album from the 90s. Erotica comes very very close but I actually haven’t listened to it in full yet. But Deeper and Deeper, Bad Girl, and Rain are all masterpieces. I honestly feel like this was Madonna at her prime. It’s a shame how underrated some of her work is

• Love 1

JohnnyVersace

Tbh, I'd argue that Gaga's ten year career rivals what's mentioned. From the vastly different eras, to the tours, the fashion, the music, the industry-changing innovation, and the endless awards. 

Plus, I was born in the 90's, so I can't really appreciate an era that I wasn't even a teenager in. I grew into adulthood with Gaga, and it's much more meaningful to me. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Biggest Fan

Is there a documentary or something 

I would want to know more about Madonna and her work

something that goes in detail

Any suggestions ?

Its my day off :huntyga: 

• Like 1

AJRocketMan

There already has been. It’s Lady Gaga. :trollga:

I’m a Bad Kid and I will survive
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

ARTPOPSlays
3 minutes ago, Biggest Fan said:

Is there a documentary or something 

I would want to know more about Madonna and her work

something that goes in detail

Any suggestions ?

Its my day off :huntyga: 

Trust of Dare documentary is pretty cool...that’s like classic Madonna right there, following her on her Blonde Ambition Tour. There’s also a follow up (I believe a follow up) called I’ll tell you a secret, which follows her on her reinvention tour, which is more recent than the other. I haven’t seen that one yet. But I reccomend Truth it Dare!

Biggest Fan
1 minute ago, AJRocketMan said:

There already has been. It’s Lady Gaga. :trollga:

cake like lady gaga GIF

Edited by Biggest Fan
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

TheBatman
16 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Tbh, I'd argue that Gaga's ten year career rivals what's mentioned. From the vastly different eras, to the tours, the fashion, the music, the industry-changing innovation, and the endless awards. 

Gaga's first decade in the industry has been incredible for sure! I'm not sure how to evaluate whether it "rivals" Madonnas second decade or not. It would be interesting trying though! Mostly I think we should avoid the comparisons, they dont do the same thing or want to same things. There are some things she did that are just incomparable, no one else has gone that way before like the Sex book for instance.