question

Why didn't Justin Bieber apologize?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon

Tens of white, black, male, female singers/ rappers worked with Kelly after the rumors started back in the days and they got no crap for that either so if it's white male privilege it's clearly not only that. Mariah and riri got none of these privileges and nobody's mad at them for working with kelly in the early 2010s like gaga did.

I think gaga having a "do what you want with my body" song made people react more but that's hypocritical. If you're bothered to see folks working with him then be bothered whatever the song is. Don't start caring if people work with him only if it's a sexy song. 

Ally Campana

Oh I remember when Gaga got dragged on Twitter for the R Kelly mess. And I had to go back and forth on Twitter with that journalist who brought out Gaga’s picture  with two German scat fetishes and claim it as her being problematic and supporting ‘blackface’. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Oh I remember when Gaga got dragged on Twitter for the R Kelly mess. And I had to go back and forth on Twitter with that journalist who brought out Gaga’s picture  with two German scat fetishes and claim it as her being problematic and supporting ‘blackface’. 

Good for you for trying with that journo. Oddly enough, I don't even think that pic with those two men was ever confirmed as real even though Gaga had mentioned being at that sex club before during a scat fetish night—I remember when the tabs covered it like ten years ago, around TFM era, and I think they had to use the word "allegedly."

Maybe those two men took advantage of the scat fetish theme to get away with brownface, and it was a bad, dumb choice for Gaga to take a pic with those two men knowing what the men's looks could be construed as.  She probably wasn't sober, imo. But it was very frustrating to see a few journos and anti-stans twist and make it sound far worse than it was to get clicks or RTs—by far worse I mean wording it so vaguely to make it sound like it wasn't just the two men but Gaga too. I did see a few people change the tweets tho when they were called out for wrongly implying that about Gaga.

LilyLark

Gaga was the scapegoat for a couple of a reasons.

Firstly, women are always the scapegoat for this type of thing. I'm not saying that it wasn't wrong to work with R. Kelly or any predator and it doesn't warrant criticism, but the backlash against women is always overboard while men skate by. Plenty of famous men have worked with Woody Allen (Colin Firth, Colin Farrell, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jude Law, etc.), but women were the ones who got dragged for working with him. I think Colin Firth was the only one who ever addressed it, and he pretended he never even heard of the allegations.

Secondly, the type of song and the fact that she performed it twice with him.

Thirdly, Gaga was in the media a lot when the documentary about R. Kelly came out so she was the easiest target.

Also, there's definitely been some historical revisionism about how the public initially viewed the situation. I always thought he was horrible and guilty and was disappointed Gaga worked with him, but I remember after he was found innocent the first time in court A LOT of people thought he was the victim of an overzealous prosecutor (I believe some of the girls recanted the first time, or said he wasn't aware of their age) and the Aaliyah rumors were just gossip, especially as she had denied them. There was a reason he kept being invited to numerous awards events, parties, and people kept working with him (I remember there was a list, and there were at least 15 other huge stars like Rihanna, Kendrick, Justin, Celine, Chance, etc.).

bloody g

Girl he doesn't even have to shower to succeed

Edit: this sounds way more rude than I intended :messga:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

LordEnigma

I think it was mainly focused on Gaga because she was literally the center of attention. Other women worked with R Kelly but you didn't see them get dragged either :classy:

Celine Dion and Mariah both didn't say much on the situation and weren't dragged through the mud.

LordEnigma
5 hours ago, GagaXCollection said:

All male artists are trash.

giphy.gif

The worst "opinion" Ive seen on here :bye:

Bambino

Justin didn't make a big deal out of that damn collab and he doesn't exactly preach as much as Gaga so :shrug:

ChromeAngel
6 hours ago, sipthistea said:

So if you're not a social activist, you get a free pass from a collab with a predator and it's ok? You just continue to be famous without any problem 

It’s not right but yes, that appears to be so. Justin has also had a ton of controversies so it’s less shocking. We’re numb to it 

giphy.gif

sipthistea

It's not fair, and it's really NOT ok. Plus, he continues to support abusers like Chris Brown and nothing happens. He's still rich and famous and sells tons of albums.

I can imagine people cancelling Gaga if she didn't apologize, even on this forum. 

StrawberryBlond

Justin's been messing up for years and never apologises. When he's that blessed with a huge fanbase of young girls, he doesn't need to because they're blinded by adoration. It blows my mind how he keeps fans but it just shows how the cult of female adoration is that high. When women are cancelled, they stay cancelled. It's so much easier for men to make a comeback and get critical praise. But it's not just about being male, it's public perception at the time. People just hopped on that Gaga hate train from 2013 onwards which is why no other artist was demanded to take down their collab. Gaga's always been held to a standard that no one else is. But make no mistake, if there were other artists who were going through a bad time did a collab with him, the same demands would've been put on them. If Katy had done one, can you imagine how many people would have loved jumping on her because she's currently flopping? People always go for the jugular when someone's going through a bad time and is always harder on artists who market themselves as a role model and feminist when something like this happens.

Mirages

He's been getting free passes ever since he came out :saladga: 

But we wish everybody well especially the escherichia coli bacteria in his locality :spin:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Whispering

1. His mostly female fans don’t care what he does or what he supports. They will make excuses for him and defend him, no matter what. 

2. He doesn’t have the hardcore, devoted haters that Gaga has. Those certain fans of another stir up **** that other artists don’t have to deal with. 

Archived