Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Erotica is the best album ever. Why?

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I won't accept BTW as a decent album, as well as C2C in the bad section.

C2C is a masterpiece and y'all will deal 

Colourful
  • Thanks 1

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I won't accept BTW as a decent album, as well as C2C in the bad section.

C2C is a masterpiece and y'all will deal 

You have to deal with it though because personal taste is just that, subjective and very biased. I'm pretty sure I Iove albums and artists none of you people here like or care about  :selena:

Standing Still

MaryJaneHolland
2 hours ago, Gam said:

scared dog GIF

This gif reminds me of the first dog I had, for 10 years, and it makes me so sad :cryga:

• Love 1

shoful

Can we all appreciate the bop that is Words. Probably some of her most clever lyrics evrr

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
  • YAAAS 2

jprince99x

*ys

ys is the best album of all time

joanna newsom television GIF

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

FentyGa11

i've listened to it all the way theough a couple times, and waiting is the only song i listen to on the regular. i'll listen to erotica sometimes, but rarely.

but that's me personally, not looking into it more deeply

insight
2 hours ago, Nemo said:

It was actually really painful to live through that time as a a fan. The level of hate she got was spectacular. And it ended her (first?) imperial phase.

True. None of the pop girls from this decade and previous decade experienced the levels of bashing and dragging that M got during that era that followed her right until Evita.

The media was ruthless and on a witch hunt. Radio, tv, press were constantly spewing out ridiculous, libelous and degrading reports, articles, editorials, etc. It was a dark time, when people basically projected their hatred and vitriol, just because M dared to claim her sexuality as a woman and not have a man beside her telling her how to act. 

• Like 1

ChromeAngel

I feel like Madonna was just the Ava Max of the 80s until everyone got carried away 

• LMAO 1

jprince99x

Ive never listened to erotica, I had to look up whose album it was.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

RoverLoader

The Backlash regarding Madonna at that time wasn't really anything to do with Erotica though. It was a combination of things. The SEX book, Body of Evidence, the album and video and then the tour. People were sick of her. She had these 3 sexually charged things all coming out at once and it was too much for the GP and media. The controversy surrounding the sex book was like nothing we had seen before.

To put it into perspective: Imagine Today, Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift doing a hardbacked book full of ****ographic pictures of themselves and others featuring S & M, rape fantasies, gay sex and the centrefold being a giant close up of their vagina coming out of the sea. A major star of Madonna's magnitude had never done anything as shocking as this before. And today is in the time when the internet and ****hub has dulled our senses towards sexual material. Imagine this in 1992!

Unfortunatley the side effect of this was the Erotica album itself being overlooked.

Edited by RoverLoader
  • Like 2

A Hybrid
9 hours ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

well my fave would be your fave as well, wouldn't she? :trollga:

Not really :triggered:

My all time fave is Arctic Monkeys, followed (right now) by St. Vincent, Florence + The Machine and then Gaga.

Edited by A Hybrid
I can't turn off what turns me on
  • Shook 1

Musicisfreedom
6 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

I feel like Madonna was just the Ava Max of the 80s until everyone got carried away 

• Shook 1

MyQueen

I was 16 years old when Erotica era started

Perfect time for a gay boy from a small city with no internet 

• Shook 1