Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Erotica is the best album ever. Why?

Featured Posts

Maleficent

Its because (like most of madonnas work from the early 90s on wards) it doesn’t sound dated even 30 yrs later. 

No other pop artist has put out an album that still sounds fresh so many years in advance (maybe Cher’s believe)

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

Speak for your own faves :shrug: :trollga:

well my fave would be your fave as well, wouldn't she? :trollga:

Davian

It’s not my favorite album of all time but it’s AMAZING:giveup: I think my favorite album by her but there are so many that could get that title:giveup:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂
  • YAAAS 2

Rio

Not the BEST album ever. Definitely one of the greatest female albums of all time, one of the best R&B albums and quite possibly, Madonna's best. A cohesive, conceptual body of work. And my current favourite Madonna album.

The greatest female album to me is 'Hounds of Love' by Kate Bush and I don't think Madonna could have ever achieved anything like that masterpiece, yet alone have be the only songwriter and producer of an album, like Kate was. Madonna was one of the few lucky fans who managed to see one of Kate Bush's live comeback gigs back in 2015.

Edited by Rio

Californian100

It’s Madonna’s best album it’s a literal masterpiece. All the songs are so good I love Rain and thief of hearts, and secret garden closing the album is so iconic. 

Love makes the world go round
  • YAAAS 2

Nemo
40 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

What I would give to have been of age during its release 

It was actually really painful to live through that time as a a fan. The level of hate she got was spectacular. And it ended her (first?) imperial phase.

FfFfFfFF

I don't even think it's her best album but I do agree it's one of her greatest . It's sad people assume it's meaningless because it revolves around sexuality when the soundscape is so rich and intriguing (the jazzy feel on some of the songs, the disco beats, the vocals work so well together) and the message is much more than sex. The quality is consistent throughout the tracklisting too. Bad Girl, Erotica, Why's It So Hard and Rain are THAT songs.

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3

LordEnigma

I don't believe in "the best album/movie/song ever" concept. Yes you can appreciate music at a technical level but a lot of people can put together a perfect album in that sense.

The thing that makes music marvelous is the way it speaks to the audience. And that is different for everyone.

BUT yes, Erotica is a defining piece of the 1900's. But I prefer Ray of Light. 

Edited by Alexander Levi
  • Like 2

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

hearing-exam-2.jpg

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

LordEnigma

Deeper and Deeper is also one of my favorite songs of ALL time

• YAAAS 1

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

hearing-exam-2.jpg

Why do you have to be so mean :cryga:

Not everybody can have such impeccable taste as me   :pray:

Standing Still

FfFfFfFF
Just now, corvus albus said:

Not everybody can have such taste as me   :pray:

Fortunately. :pray:

Spoiler

I'm just joking.. don't take it personally like you have the tendency to. :poot:

• LMAO 1

corvus albus
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Fortunately. :pray:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm just joking.. don't take it personally like you have the tendency to. :poot:

Really do I? I hoped my response would be sarcastic enough :ladyhaha:

Standing Still
  • Shook 1