Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Straight Friends: "Gaga Will Be Bigger Than Madonna in the End"

The13thNote

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico

But on a note I hate threads like this.

I am a fan of both of these women.   

Madonna and Gaga are two of the most celebrated women in music. Records aside, both are still two of the most talked about women in music history.

Madonna is one of the greatest female artists of all time, and has inspired many artists till this day. Gaga a decade in, has already made a huge cultural impact.

My mother is a huge Madonna fan, and I grew up listening to her music. I always envied my parents for being alive at the time when Michael Jackson and Madonna were at their prime, la creme de la creme in pop music. When Just Dance blew up my mom said... “She’s it.” I was a teenager when Just Dance came out and I started following Gaga. Looking at our present time, I still stand by and say that Gaga is definitely one of the most impactful musician of this era.

Both of these women should be celebrated for how much they have impacted pop culture  among many things  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101

i agree with most of the OP and haven’t read the 8 pages of replies but... you think Adele is truly an artist of the now?? she sounds like she could be a great 1960’s singer, she has such a timeless sound. to call her only if the now is a reach and not respectful of her artistry.

illySpencer

Let's just say that without Madonna, GaGa wouldn't be here ! So at this point, Madonna is bigger than her and she will stay. Don't forget that GaGa last huge it is Bad Romance, a song she wrote 11 years ago.

And don't talk me about Shallow it's because of the movie, we all know that. At this point I said we'll see if GaGa will be bigger than Madonna, but I doubt it.  

MrDarkGa

Honestly I dont see "Gaga" lasting as long as Madonna, even though I only really see Madonna's career lasting til Confessions as IN MY OPINION, she hasnt made anything worthwile since and seems to chase trends than set them. Gaga doesnt really have a lot else to offer in terms of the shock value and weirdness that got her famous, so does she need to be Lady Gaga as much? I feel that in maybe another decade or so "Lady Gaga" wont be a thing anymore. I think she is going to drop that name and go on as Stefani more than anything else. She's headed that way as is as shes a lot more comfortable being Stefani. I feel as if her Gaga name was a coping strategy or escape from her assault and PTSD, and now that shes coming to terms with it more she doesnt need this name to hide behind. I think she is going to go onwards into acting a lot more, but not musical roles, and do music as a side gig as "actress" was her first goal before music. I dont want to see her trying to relive her 20s at 43+ in an embarassing way. I want her to find someone. Start a family etc. Not totally settle down, but not trapped under "Lady Gaga" either.

Anveeroy

Isn't Madonna obsessed with Lady Gaga? :ally: 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Antichrist
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Isn't Madonna obsessed with Lady Gaga? :ally: 

nope, i'm pretty sure gags re-released madges 1989 single :ally:

Archived