💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Straight Friends: "Gaga Will Be Bigger Than Madonna in the End"

The13thNote

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Ok I get it then! Thats whats so cool about art, it's subjective. To my eyes and ears, Madonna is the stronger artist and song writer, while Gaga to my ears is the better technical singer. Both are talented musically but M wins "in my book" for her song writing.  

Didn't she get help to write her songs? I see her fans asking her all the time to go back working with Patrick Leonard.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue

Gaga’s def more acclaimed & appreciated... She just has more talent, stronger vocals, & deeper art than Madonna ever has. Sorry but I’m really not sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

LouiseVeronica
7 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Gaga’s def more acclaimed & appreciated... She just has more talent, stronger vocals, & deeper art than Madonna ever has. Sorry but I’m really not sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deeper art where? Like Madonna sings about a lot of deep issues, politics, religion, spirituality, the death of her Mother, etc. Show me a Gaga music video or single as deep as Like a Prayer or Oh Father for example.

16 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Didn't she get help to write her songs? I see her fans asking her all the time to go back working with Patrick Leonard.

Yea she collabs. Patrick Leonard is a perfect example, he has gone on record many many times over the years praising Madonna's talent for writing melodies and lyrics. 

TheBatman
1 minute ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Deeper art where? Like Madonna sings about a lot of deep issues, politics, religion, spirituality, the death of her Mother, etc. Show me a Gaga music video or single as deep as Like a Prayer or Oh Father for example.

Yea she collabs. Patrick Leonard is a perfect example, he has gone on record many many times over the years praising Madonna's talent for writing melodies and lyrics. 

This is a fools errand, stop engaging in this nonsense you arent gonna convince anybody on this site Louise, but you are right

Maleficent
35 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

Madonna was never a single mother. Lourdes' dad was always there and Madonna chose to have a kid with him on purpose out of wedlock. She also was 15 years into her career with hundreds of millions of dollars. Then when Rocco was born Guy was there until 2009. After that she has chosen to adopt her kids on her own and its not like she is struggling to do that. 

Sorry. Its not like she was abandoned by her boyfriend because she got pregnant and was scraping by with no help. She has more nannies then I have dollars in my bank account right now. 

madonna currently is a single woman with 4 kids at home. in 1998 she was a single woman with a daughter. 

i never said “oh poor Madonna, she was all alone with all those kids struggling”. she was a single mother by definition, in a time where single motherhood was not as accepted as it is today. 

2 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Okay now you’re just making up rules to fit your narrative. Gaga was a major part in crafting the soundtrack. The chorus to Shallow is straight from Gaga herself. Million Reasons was a hot too

I dont have a narrative, I just have an opinion based on my observation. I personally never consider a soundtrack of a movie as an artist album. I dont consider the Evita Movie a Madonna album. 

1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

then by this logic, people should stop singing, “I Have Nothing” and “IWALY” when they do Whitney tributes because those aren’t her songs, their her characters from the Bodyguard. They’re still her songs 

I did not say its not a Lady Gaga song.

I think its silly to compare an artist from the 80's to and artist from now, Gaga is and will always be a Legend. I feel as if she's more versatile compared to Madonna (acting, vocally and creativity) i could never see Gaga in 30 years time clinging on to relevancy the way she does.

mindintransit

Comparing careers of artists is usually pretty pointless because as many have pointed out – it's subjective! To try to compare artists with such an age difference is also bound to go nowhere - Madonna was releasing albums and touring before Gaga was even born.
I'll be open and admit that while I appreciate what Madonna has accomplished I never find myself listening to her music. I listen to Gaga every day.
LG is young, incredibly talented and really still early in her career. Her future is limitless. I don't see any other pop artist – older or younger – who can compare with her as a singer, musician and songwriter. I'm not trying to persuade anyone. Everyone's opinions here are prefaced with IMO. IMO there is no question that her musical and cultural impact is unparalleled. And she's also widely respected as a great person.
Not only does LG push boundaries in her music and concerts, she even brought performance art to the Met Gala red carpet. Is she famous? Gaga having spectacular fun at the Met Gala was world news.
And ASIB. Gaga's star power was front and center both on and offscreen. People who aren't even born will watch and love this movie. LG gave a wonderful, critically acclaimed performance (Academy Award best actress nomination – I love to say it!). And she wrote her own music. Music that has won unprecedented awards. BTW an album that she primarily wrote and produced and with some of her best songs is a Gaga album. Did I mention the cultural impact of the ASIB music?
For me Gaga is in a world of her own as an artist. I know that it's subjective. Well, I'm saying it but I don't really believe that it's subjective. Gaga is in a world of her own.

BOMSHELL

Lmao. No.

Enough with these comparisons, they are tacky. Both artists are great and will leave their mark in their own right.

StuckInMyMind

If we’re all being truly honest, there were many times when we all wondered if Gaga would make a comeback or not, if she would even release another album and nowadays even tour again...

Catnikko
22 hours ago, The13thNote said:

I like Billy. 

I like Ava. 

I like Kim. 

I like Zara. 

But none of them are as big or have the immediate sensation and impact that Gaga had. 

Only a few reach that kind of clout level. Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Beyonce, Britney, maybe Christina, and in a small dose Katy, Rihanna, Kesha, Taylor, and Miley have had it. Ariana kind of has it now too (in amore relaxed way). 

There still isnt a big (record breaking) breakout yet. She is coming. And when she does you will know. But she has not yet. 

Billie could become that more but she has to have bigger moments, controversy, a more cohesive message, and her songs need to be a little more ear-wormy.

I only think you can understand this if you've been a Gaga stan truly since day one. Her success from 2008-2012 has been unmatched. No one since Gaga has had that level of clout. I would say that the only breakout female to step into that level recently has been Cardi, and she still really doesn't have the level Gaga had. 

At one point, Gaga's leaked promo demos trended at #1 on twitter for days, her monstervision videos garnered more views than major music videos, and literally every rockstar/popstar/hip hop artist interview had her name brought up in it. It was to the point in 2013 that people had enough of Gaga because she was everywhere. 

And in many ways she still is. Again. I heard something I never thought I'd hear yesterday: all the straight guys in my apartment building were outside in the common area and alot of them are 35-45. And we were talking about who the biggest artists are now and such...and they all without batting an eye said Lady Gaga is bigger than Madonna ever was and we just dont realize it because we are younger. They said Madonna was always big but like Rihanna and consistent. They said that Gaga reminds them more of Michael Jackson because the success just gets bigger and bigger everytime and the fact that they are weird or seen that way fuels this idea that she should fail but she finds a way to get more massive worldwide every era. And they said thats more like MJ than Madonna. And they actually even said it worried them because they think Gaga will have some sort of collapse at one point because she is getting so big like Michael did that people will never treat her normal again...like it could be dangerous having success after success after success like that. Not because Gaga is bad but because she will be kind of idolized and so untouchable that people will fear her and isolate her. 

Idk...was interesting to see olde straight men say this. And they also said our generation is so trend focused now we dont even realize who our icons are yet. But Gaga is the biggest and Taylor and Adele might have big sales but people arent fascinated with their "star" as much as Gaga's. 

My friend Zack said a good allegory: He said "you know how in all the stores you can get Led Zeppellin, Pink Floyd, Prince, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Queen, ACDC, ect music tee-shirts and they put them out there because even though they are past their hey day they know those shirts will always be cool and always sell?

In 2050 Gaga will be one of those people on those shirts that kids still wear to school because she will be seen as classic, always cool, always a legend. But the Biebers, Taylor Swifts, Adeles, Katy Perrys, and Arianas of the world...that wont be cool to wear on a t-shirt. Those artists are very "now" but they wont have that leverage or clout or "intrinsic impact" that Gaga just has."

21 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Gaga did not "barely make it through the decade". 

Are you even a fan? 

She has been consistently succesful in every arena she has played in. Just because she had a commercial dip at one point (which is no longer true now) doesnt mean she was scraping by. 

She has had a major career/iconic moment almost every year since her inception outside of 2013/2014. And she has achieved awards in her non commercial phases that Beyonce and Madonna and Britney and Mariah and even Whitney could only dream of. 

She is the only female artist ever in American history sitting with a Golden Globe, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a #1 hit in one year. 

this might sound silly but reading these made me emotional :selena: So proud of her

22 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Gaga did not "barely make it through the decade". 

Are you even a fan? 

She has been consistently succesful in every arena she has played in. Just because she had a commercial dip at one point (which is no longer true now) doesnt mean she was scraping by. 

She has had a major career/iconic moment almost every year since her inception outside of 2013/2014. And she has achieved awards in her non commercial phases that Beyonce and Madonna and Britney and Mariah and even Whitney could only dream of. 

She is the only female artist ever in American history sitting with a Golden Globe, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a #1 hit in one year. 

THANK YOU!, just because AP and Joanne didnt sell like pancakes doesnt mean they failed.

One thing that Gaga has gathered in recent years, that even Madonna has struggled to get, is respect. People already treat her as a legend, she is not the "weird girl that dresses funny" anymore, wherever she goes, people bow to her, she doesnt need any vevo record or whatever bs chart of stan culture to prove that.

I mean, even people from r/The_Donald, fully praised Gaga after the Superbowl, making Gaga probably the only leftist person in the world that has been praised in there.

Gaga has made an impact on way more important things that the Hot 100. Gaga is beyond those things

Archived