💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Straight Friends: "Gaga Will Be Bigger Than Madonna in the End"

The13thNote

Featured Posts

LouiseVeronica

Gaga is amazing, but they just aren't the same. Madonna is literally the biggest female artist of all time. Like a Prayer, Blonde Ambition, Truth or Dare, Immaculate Collection, Sex Book, Evita, Ray of Light, the Confessions, Sticky, and MDNA tours...no one else has come anywhere close to her output or cultural impact. Gaga is AMAZING too, but she is following more in the likes of Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Cher, a true and massive gay icon and legend of the industry, and there is nothing wrong with that, but there is only one Madonna. The good news is Gaga will hopefully be treated more like these other ladies, with generally positive press and accolades and awards. Which is great because I don't think Gaga's mental health could handle the decades of constant harassment and abuse like Madonna has had to endure for being such a polarizing and divisive artist. I mean this woman has been excommunicated by the Catholic church and scolded in the US Congress ffs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Wig

It's impossible to say now who will be bigger in the end. Madonna isn't over yet and either is Gaga. They're both great and iconic and still evolving.

LouiseVeronica
2 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Gaga has musical talent and can sing. Can't say the same about the other one.

What are you basing this on exactly? Both are talented women, Madonna has written a massive number of hit songs and plays guitar on all her tours, played drums and synths in her bands back in the day, and starred in a major musical motion picture. She may not sing with the vocal acrobatics of some, but to say she "cant sing" is ridiculous. 

SpeechIess

Gaga is lightyears ahead of Madonna this decade in terms of success and impact but prior to 2008, Madonna had pretty much-dominated pop culture for a solid three decades, that can't be disputed, commercially and culturally.  

Zedd

If it will be longer like now, I mean long waiting for LG6, she won't be bigger even than Katy Perry, we even won't get LG7

Lextyr97
12 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I dont think a soundtrack counts though. Im talking about Gaga music and albums. Im not saying shes a flop or that she will never have a hit song, I said people arent that interested in her Music but every now and then she might have a hit song.

Okay now you’re just making up rules to fit your narrative. Gaga was a major part in crafting the soundtrack. The chorus to Shallow is straight from Gaga herself. Million Reasons was a hot too

I'm basing this on my eyes and ears. Gaga can sit behind a piano and wows a crowd with her musical talent and her vocals. She has already won in my book. I don't care about numbers, I care about raw talent and Gaga has plenty. Madonna may be a good performer but she leaves me cold, her voice is thin and weak and her guitar playing is a joke.

51 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Okay now you’re just making up rules to fit your narrative. Gaga was a major part in crafting the soundtrack. The chorus to Shallow is straight from Gaga herself. Million Reasons was a hot too

If soundtracks don't count, then we should erase The Bodyguard and I Will Always Love You from Whitney's discography. What about the Titanic song? Should we erase that one from Celine's discography too?

LouiseVeronica
17 minutes ago, symphonia said:

I'm basing this on my eyes and ears. Gaga can sit behind a piano and wows a crowd with her musical talent and her vocals. She has already won in my book. I don't care about numbers, I care about raw talent and Gaga has plenty. Madonna may be a good performer but she leaves me cold, her voice is thin and weak and her guitar playing is a joke.

Ok I get it then! Thats whats so cool about art, it's subjective. To my eyes and ears, Madonna is the stronger artist and song writer, while Gaga to my ears is the better technical singer. Both are talented musically but M wins "in my book" for her song writing. 

ProdigyARTPOP
13 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah but its done under the structure of a movie and character. The creative process are done for the movie, not for Gaga as a artist.

then by this logic, people should stop singing, “I Have Nothing” and “IWALY” when they do Whitney tributes because those aren’t her songs, their her characters from the Bodyguard. They’re still her songs 

TheBatman

Stop comparing them let it go they arent at all alike, they dont want the same things they arent trying to do the same things they come from vastly different backgrounds and have vastly different goals and strengths. Why are we still pitting them against each other 

The13thNote
10 hours ago, Maleficent said:

She was a single mother

Madonna was never a single mother. Lourdes' dad was always there and Madonna chose to have a kid with him on purpose out of wedlock. She also was 15 years into her career with hundreds of millions of dollars. Then when Rocco was born Guy was there until 2009. After that she has chosen to adopt her kids on her own and its not like she is struggling to do that. 

Sorry. Its not like she was abandoned by her boyfriend because she got pregnant and was scraping by with no help. She has more nannies then I have dollars in my bank account right now. 

TheBatman
1 minute ago, The13thNote said:

Madonna was never a single mother. Lourdes' dad was always there and Madonna chose to have a kid with him on purpose out of wedlock. She also was 15 years into her career with hundreds of millions of dollars. Then when Rocco was born Guy was there until 2009. After that she has chosen to adopt her kids on her own and its not like she is struggling to do that. 

Sorry. Its not like she was abandoned by her boyfriend because she got pregnant and was scraping by with no help. She has more nannies then I have dollars in my bank account right now. 

So to qualify for the label "single mother" I guess simply being A. Single and B. A mother isnt enough, do enlighten us as to what a single mother actually is, I'm confused. Last I checked she was single with four kids at home. But I guess if u use a nanny babysitter or daycare u are no longer single. Nice

Archived