"Billy Eilish"?

do we know her?

local.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joshie S
6 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Hmmmm....actually alot of people said Cyndi really was the artistic force and Madonna was seen as being the commercial version of her (at first). Ive heard alot of people say that Like A Virgin was even specifically made to be a "female MJ" sound. 

Madonna didnt really take the reigns herself until Like a Prayer. Im not discrediting her....but I just think Madonna is seen as a business woman and Gaga is seen as an artist and for that reason Gaga will be taken far more serious than Madonna was. 

And saying people didnt dress like Gaga? Have you lived in the 2010s? 

Gaga set the tone for this decade. Look at the 2000s. Look at the 2010s. The changeup in style specifically happened post-Gaga. 

We went from Abercrombie to H&M. 

From Hillary Duff to Millie Bobby Brown. 

From Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to 13 Reasons Why. 

From the celebration of fitting in to the celebration of being different. 

Gaga's fashion and social impact bleeds throughout pop culture in more ways than we even realize. And the early "woke pop/electronic/fashion sense/mental health/social media savvy" age we live in were all things she was an OG in igniting at the start of the decade. 

"I believe MINT will be very big next Spring"

tumblr_ndx8kr3RIK1tnko2io1_500.gif

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

TheSlash
6 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Well she is over

Glad your post turned out differently after :triggered: . I was getting ready, tbh

tenor.gif?itemid=9606636 

Spoiler

:poot:  :selena: 

Ew, David!

Felix Jens

I experienced the phenomenon called Madonna from the very beginning of her career ,and it was when Like A Virgin released when she gave pop music a fresh restart. I won’t analyse her impact on everything and the amazing pop songs she released a million years ago. And I was a huge stan but not a fan. 

And still I  have sympathy for that lady that reminds me of my teenagehood,even though I haven’t been pleased by her releases after “Confessions.....” till today.

But in terms of sales figures.....stars they were selling more because there were plenty of buying options available ... singles,cassette single,cd single,maxi singles,picture discs, 10 inch singles, limited editions ...limited editions of the limited edition etc....Albums,limited edition albums..blah blah blah 

And of course back then ,sold albums were considered also those in stock in record shops ,whether they were sold or not which to me is like ...streaming sales.

The truth is my interest for Gaga is deeper than the one that I had for Madonna. 

She has the iconic of Madonna.When she plays the piano Elton John jumps out .When she drags is 80’s and 90’s Boy George. When she rocks is one -so -many -rockers-  in -one -.

I love music ,and I have so much music on my streaming provider. Music from the 70,80,90,s music from all parts of the world in their native language ,music from all genres .....blah blah

BUT Gaga is the only artist that keeps on making me feel that rush and need to want and beg for more and more music from her....still.

(Release LG6 Now)

The Melody That Ü Choose ,Can Rescue Ü

Guillaume Hamon

I don't even think that gaga want to outdo M in her field. Yes she was open about being influenced by M when she started but since at least 5 years she's rather wanting a Streisand/ Garland/ Cher type of career imo so great acting roles&good music rather than fighting for the top of the charts.

Don't forget that half of the #1  hits of the last 20 years were done either by Martin/Cirkut/ Dr Luke/ Stargate/ Shellback and she NEVER worked with any of them them unlike her peers perry, spears, rihanna, clarkson, grande, jessie j, Beyoncé, cyrus, Pink, aguillera etc. She's obviously not running super hard after smash hits.

She made music to conquer the charts and now that she's a legend who can work with who she wants she does so even if it's not the collabs that will be the best for her commercially speaking. M was doing the exact opposite by fighting for this #1 status and has been for all of her career.

Since we have the Internet now, Gaga is probably a bigger global act than you think. I don't think Madonna had the influence in the non-western world that gaga has today imo.

brucee

gagita will always be bigger than gagita 

(and i said before she's on a Bowie kinda road, not really Madonna, and how she treated pop the way he treated rock) 

hello hello baby.

Abramovic
7 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

Gaga is more original than one two cha cha cha  at the end.

Excuse me? Did u even listen to every album she made? :laughga:

Madonna definitely has a lot of original ideas. 

RoverLoader
8 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Wow. So your test for relevance and impact is based on how much men wanted to '**** Madonna?"

I'm not even going to go in on why that is so problematic. BUT...it does bring up an interesting point I forgot to think of:

Technically speaking, Gaga changed that. And thats huge. She was the first female artist to reach that height and not have to be sexy. And now alot of young girls like Lizzo and Lorde and Demi and Billie can be Top 40 and unconventional because of Gaga. 

Gaga actually broke a rule Madonna made and re-defined that rule. So...thanks for that. :oops:

Well that's a very interesting PR spin on it but you completely missed the point as well as deliberately taking it out of context. I'm not going to say much more other than it's clear you really don't know what you're talking about other than you wanted to start a hate thread. I'm pleased to say, most of us saw through it.  Other than that, I find it rather a Freudian slip you don't find Gaga sexy. I do and I'm gay. Always amusing when a mask slips :reductive:

HookerOnAChurch

She already is bigger than Madonna. 

CannaeDrive

*Looking at the chart performance of that one two cha cha cha song*

Yeah, I think your friend is on to something here.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

zakariah

noah fence but madonna’s mostly only respected by gays, almost no one else really cares about her or her music legacy anymore lmao, and this is coming from a madonna fan

JustTea
8 hours ago, Maleficent said:

10 years in her career Madonna had 5 number 1 albums, 10 top ten hits, and had two of the (at the time) highest grossing female concert tours of all time.

Gaga has 5 number 1 albums too + The Fame which was #2. Also Gaga had 13 top ten hits before Shallow :trollga:

Also TMBT and BTWB were huge tours in this modern world, even tho Gaga was kinda new thing back then. :ally:

We'll see how huge her tours could be 30 years in her career like MDNA. :classy:

Everyone knows about Madonna. Everyone knows about Lady Gaga too. :whitney:

Archived