💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Straight Friends: "Gaga Will Be Bigger Than Madonna in the End"

The13thNote

Featured Posts

monsieurRed

It's hard to meaningfully compare Gaga and Madonna because Madonna has been around for some much longer and is still creating music, so I won't touch that part. I do however think you're spot on with your assessment of her legendary status. I've been a fan since she was playing tiny 1000 max capacity clubs and watched as her fame grew. It's not an exaggeration to say that in 2010-2011 she was the most famous person in the world. But more than that she's proven that she is able to sustain her career over a decade and isn't slowing down. Her residency is sold out and LG6 is due at some point this year. She served and even the locals were shook with her Met look. There is no doubt in my mind that she will go down as a music icon.

Oh side note, though I'm a bit mad at rihanna for not releasing music I do think she's more impactful than you stated. Maybe not as much for her music but her overall package is really big. People love Rihanna. I think she'll be legendary as well. 

🧚‍♀️

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

do you think she will still be as big as Madonna today? 

Well if we are talking about today's Madonna, it aint exactly a challenge lol

Maleficent

10 years in her career Madonna had 5 number 1 albums, 10 top ten hits, and had two of the (at the time) highest grossing female concert tours of all time.

She has 38 top ten singles, and still is a force in the music industry almost 40 years later. 

She was a single mother, invented concert tours as we know them today, and defined pop music. 

Gaga has accomplished a great lot of things in her 10 years, but none of them were as socially impacting as anything Madonna did. Gaga is an artist, and her accolades (oscar and grammys) mean little culturally. She is an incredible artist but she is not a cultural force that has the power to change the entire music industry in a single video release. 

Maleficent
22 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Well if we are talking about today's Madonna, it aint exactly a challenge lol

actually it is. Barbra, Diana Ross, and Tina Turner did not/do not have the same impact Madonna has. None of them were doing vogue covers in their 60s, none of them were releasing brand new material with a new sound, and none of them had 13 million instagram followers. 

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Gaga is an artist, and her accolades (oscar and grammys) mean little culturally. 

Can you explain your "culturally" part? I honestly don't know what this means.

aaronyoji

in the end, how long has madonnas career really stayed relevant? her last good album was confessions on the dance floor, which was 14 years ago, so if were talking mid 80s to early 2000s of successful, attention grabbing, impactful music, thats not much longer than where gaga is at now believe it or not. 

don't get me wrong, madonnas catalogue is unmatched, and she definitely knew what underground peers to imitate, but she's kind of turned into a joke and has been seen that way for like the past decade. 

JR Gg
2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

And shes sensitive and take her job personally which resulted in all her team being fired and unsatisfied fans.

This is so untrue. I've reported you. I hope you are banned. :reductive:

2 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Reported me for what? lol

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Can you explain your "culturally" part? I honestly don't know what this means.

madonna had millions of people literally dressing up as her, she changed the way music videos were released (from MTV streaming to selling on VHS), her face is immediately recognized globally, she was one of the first female figures to use her sexuality as a weapon and not allowed her self to be sexualized my society (she beat them to the punch)

Maleficent
4 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

girl what chill 

JR Gg
59 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

girl what chill 

Spreading fake news is not ok. Reporting someone is the most chill thing I could've done. 

Gaga's work is definitely personal to her. I mean, it's her craft. But when has she gotten her whole team fired? This is fake news.

Sepsami

I'm here for it but Gaga isn't driven in the same way Madonna is. Gaga wants to make music and do things that she enjoys. Madonna definitely focusses on keeping up her legend status and I just don't see Gaga caring all that much about it. I'd say Gaga has a better chance to leave a legacy like Cher or Elton John which is amazing anyways. :diane:

ssslyboy
4 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Can't we just say that they are two stars that were born into a league of their own?

No one got my pun. :fan:

Babel
4 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

She can win as much awards as you wants, people are still not interested in her Music since before 2013 which is almost 7 years. So almost a decade without people being interested in her music.

Shallow is a worldwide hit that went #1 in every major country, it will end up with + 1 billion streams on Spotify and + 1 billion views on YouTube, not to mention every live performance of the song but the Grammys became viral. The bridge turned into a huge meme online, it’s at least becoming a bigger hit than her 4th biggest hit Born This Way, if it isn’t already. 

ASIB soundtrack is STILL selling after 7 months like hotcakes everywhere. Most talked about and praised celebrity at the Met Gala. BradGa-gate. 100 people in a room is a reference that almost everybody gets. 

Pregnant with LG6” easily becoming a viral tweet, further proving the THIRST there is right now for her next move. I mean, what else? 

voidfigure

I'm pretty sure she will be bigger than her in terms of acclaim and depth of her music. I really don't see Gaga being slapped on her ass by some random singer and boasting about "taking pills" at the age of 60

Archived