Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Straight Friends: "Gaga Will Be Bigger Than Madonna in the End"

The13thNote

Featured Posts

RoverLoader
4 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

Hmmmm....actually alot of people said Cyndi really was the artistic force and Madonna was seen as being the commercial version of her (at first). Ive heard alot of people say that Like A Virgin was even specifically made to be a "female MJ" sound. 

Madonna didnt really take the reigns herself until Like a Prayer. Im not discrediting her....but I just think Madonna is seen as a business woman and Gaga is seen as an artist and for that reason Gaga will be taken far more serious than Madonna was. 

And saying people didnt dress like Gaga? Have you lived in the 2010s? 

Gaga set the tone for this decade. Look at the 2000s. Look at the 2010s. The changeup in style specifically happened post-Gaga. 

We went from Abercrombie to H&M. 

From Hillary Duff to Millie Bobby Brown. 

From Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to 13 Reasons Why. 

From the celebration of fitting in to the celebration of being different. 

Gaga's fashion and social impact bleeds throughout pop culture in more ways than we even realize. And the early "woke pop/electronic/fashion sense/mental health/social media savvy" age we live in were all things she was an OG in igniting at the start of the decade. 

When Cyndi Lauper writes a song Like Live to tell, then we can discuss artistry. To try and diminish Madonna's art as simply a  "business woman" is not only grossly unfair but simply wrong.  And no I never lived in the 2010's. I was cryogenically frozen and only thawed out last year, so I obviously missed the aprt when everyone was running around in meat dresses or vomiting on stage.

You know I always find how these threads constantly pit Gaga against Madonna. It's never against Jlo, Kylie, Whitney, Celine, Mariah , Debbie Harry or Janet. It is always Madonna. Why is that? It's because at the end of the day, ya'll know she was the defining force. It's getting very old and predictable.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

Gaga did not "barely make it through the decade". 

Are you even a fan? 

She has been consistently succesful in every arena she has played in. Just because she had a commercial dip at one point (which is no longer true now) doesnt mean she was scraping by. 

She has had a major career/iconic moment almost every year since her inception outside of 2013/2014. And she has achieved awards in her non commercial phases that Beyonce and Madonna and Britney and Mariah and even Whitney could only dream of. 

She is the only female artist ever in American history sitting with a Golden Globe, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a #1 hit in one year. 

My opinion on her career has nothing to do with me being a fan of her. Did I say I dont like her work? obviously not.

She can win as much awards as you wants, people are still not interested in her Music since before 2013 which is almost 7 years. So almost a decade without people being interested in her music.

4 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Sorry but Madonna is not big today. She’s respected for her legacy but I wouldn’t call her ‘big’.

Many artists are respected for their legacy but are irrelevant. Yes shes not big but for someone with 40 years career, shes still doing better than most current artists. 

Enigma

I CANNOT at y’all mentioning Billie in those discussions. She’s a newcomer and she hasn’t even had the impact of Kesha at her peak. 

Disney Chanel girls like Selena who have literally no impact still are more relevant than her. 

Every time a 16 to 25 years old girls get a hit we don’t need to crown her the new queen of pop lol

Ariana Grindr
31 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

"Lady Gaga is bigger than Madonna ever was and we just dont realize it because we are younger."

I'm sorry, this simply isn't true. It just isn't. I love Gaga, but there was nothing like the sheer impact of Madonna in the 80's. You have to remember this was a time before the internet and social media. People bought singles in physical formats lol. Madonna was such a cultural phenomenon. It wasn't just the music but the image. Women everywhere were dressing up like Madonna, doing their hair like her. Men all wanted to **** her. This has never really happened with gaga.

Then there was the impact of her videos and controversies. The Like a prayer video and Justify my love. There is nothing in gaga's back catalogue that touches on the firestorm that these videos created in popular culture. That's not because of Gaga, but because of the changing times.

Madonna's support for Gay men in an era where AIDS was seen as the "gay disease" and men were dying in 2 years of diagnoses. Her battles with the Catholic church. You cannot imagine how controversial this was back in the day if you didn't witness it. I did.

Let me be clear; Lady gaga is an immense talent and yes when she hit the scene, she was everywhere. But it was totally different to how Madonna defined a decade of pop music. Heck, before ASIB we were all worried Gaga would never hit the top ten again. At this stage in career Madonna came out with the immaculate collection. Now that streams are the major force in how we consume music, I don't see a path for anyone approaching what Madonna achieved. Social Media has made our music icons too approachable and the mystique of the stars from the 80's doesn't exist today.

Next!

KatieJudasGaga4
17 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

She is the only female artist ever in American history sitting with a Golden Globe, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a #1 hit in one year. 

+ A BAFTA and the only female is history to ever win a Bafta for Music :giggle:

The13thNote
12 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

My opinion on her career has nothing to do with me being a fan of her. Did I say I dont like her work? obviously not.

She can win as much awards as you wants, people are still not interested in her Music since before 2013 which is almost 7 years. So almost a decade without people being interested in her music.

Million Reasons and Shallow say hi. 

****...even ARUTW has more streams than alot of big hits and it wasnt promoted. 

The ASIB soundtrack has over 3 BILLION streams and its only been out for 6 months yo. 

Thats bigger than "Reputation", "ANTI", "Beyoncé", "Prism", "Pure Heroine", and "Invasion of Privacy". 

Where you been? 

ssslyboy

Can't we just say that they are two stars that were born into a league of their own?

The13thNote
2 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

Can't we just say that they are two stars that were born into a league of their own?

no

:stalkga:

Linus Gaga

Gaga is more original than one two cha cha cha  at the end.

Hit me a message and say hi !

Ariana Grindr
34 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

She barely made it through the decade and I dont think her next album will be a huge hit. She still has 30 years to go do you think she will still be as big as Madonna today? 

Hahaha girl please.

like you said she’s only a decade in and has achieved more than Madonna did in a decade. I guarantee you that 50 years from now GAGA will come on top. Bookmark me. 

The13thNote
5 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

+ A BAFTA and the only female is history to ever win a Bafta for Music :giggle:

I even forgot to mention the SAG Award, the numerous "Best-Dressed" Awards on every red carpet, and the fact that "Shallow" is the most awarded song of all time....

But I didn't want to completely decapitate the nay-sayers. :trollga:

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, The13thNote said:

I even forgot to mention the SAG Award, the numerous "Best-Dressed" Awards on every red carpet, and the fact that "Shallow" is the most awarded song of all time....

But I didn't want to completely decapitate the nay-sayers. :trollga:

She didn't win anything at the SAG awards though, but she was nominated :giggle:

The13thNote
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

She didn't win anything at the SAG awards though, but she was nominated :giggle:

I thought she did?

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, The13thNote said:

I thought she did?

Sadly, no, ASIB was totally snubbed the whole night :triggered:

Archived