💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

More depressing: pre-LG5 or pre-LG6 era?

MaryJaneHolland

?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Pre-LG5
    • Pre-LG6

Featured Posts

Tiny Purse

Nothing is depressing about this time! Sis just won an OSCAR, a number 1 song, best dressed at the met gala, and just took a month long break to probably deal with her breakup and exhaustion from press. 

Taide

Lowkey feel bad for people who were here witnessing pre-lg5 era just to end up with J*anne. :teehee:

Suspiria

I think the problem with the LG6 wait is that for some of us it feels like its been 6 years since the last Gaga album.

Joanne wasn't the album anyone wanted lol. ASIB was great of course, but it was "Ally's" album. Plus no music videos or performances really. And C2C before that was again great for what it was, but was all just covers in the same style as the original so doesn't really count.

Most Gaga stans are people who like electronic dance pop and high fashion, big budget high concept visuals, let's be real. So we've been waiting a very long time since she last delivered that in a sizeable quantity.

The fibro thing was upsetting to see, a sad time.

But then to do a totally inaccessible Vegas residency after cancelling half a tour twice and her first Latin America show in years left a bitter taste in many fans mouths... (though of course her reasons for doing Vegas instead of touring make total sense)

I think for "new" fans the wait has been non existent, but for fans who prefer her older style/work ethic/messages it's lasted an eternity lol.

holy scheisse

Neither.:ohwell: the post BTW blackout was depressing

LaLa
56 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I wasn't a stan during the pre-LG5 era but I am curious how people felt.

Let's assume LG6 is released in the fall like Joanne, at this point in the process wasn't she basically irrelevant and oscillating between farm life and looking strung out on Instagram? I don't see how those conditions could be better than her taking a lil' break after winning an Oscar, Grammys, etc for ASIB.

I think the pregnancy tweet rotted everyones brains but she was probably mortified the press said Bradley knocked her up.  Right now, I don't think GGD could handle her posting regularly from the studio like she did the summer before Joanne because everyone has turned into Little Conspiracy Theorists. So, maybe in that way it's worse?

I  think then, as now, it really does come down to people's own individual personalities. I can assure you that tweet didn't rot any brains that weren't FULLY rotted already :ladyhaha: Little Conspiracy Theorists have been living and thriving for years and years. 

Pre-LG5 there were plenty of theories and fake insiders, same as now.  But for me personally it was fine. We knew she was working with Mark, we saw them around in LA and NYC. She was on social media doing her thing. I wouldn't have described her as looking strung out. (The only time I myself turned into a "conspiracy theorist" was when she stopped wearing her ring in early June. Then I went fully detective Pikachu lol). But music-wise there were plenty of us that were relatively chill. 

I think people prone to hype-spirals will always find them, same as it ever was. Stans are their own worst enemies. 

Spoiler for some kinda-off topic rambling:

Spoiler

I'm going to link to a pre-ARTPOP thread I was remembering the other day and dug up, just to give you a taste of delusions past. If you think brains are rotted now... In the midst of her hip-injury blackout Gaga posted a timelapse film of the BTWB stage being built. In the video there was one single distorted frame. This lead to some truly wild speculation and inevitable meltdowns. Absolutely classic LM behaviour . A lot of the images in the thread are broken, and I certainly don't think you should read the whole thing, but give it a browse if you're interested, it's very funny looking back now! The video they are talking about is linked in the first post.

mauvais
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I  think then, as now, it really does come down to people's own individual personalities. I can assure you that tweet didn't rot any brains that weren't FULLY rotted already :ladyhaha: Little Conspiracy Theorists have been living and thriving for years and years. 

Pre-LG5 there were plenty of theories and fake insiders, same as now.  But for me personally it was fine. We knew she was working with Mark, we saw them around in LA and NYC. She was on social media doing her thing. I wouldn't have described her as looking strung out. (The only time I myself turned into a "conspiracy theorist" was when she stopped wearing her ring in early June. Then I went fully detective Pikachu lol). But music-wise there were plenty of us that were relatively chill. 

I think people prone to hype-spirals will always find them, same as it ever was. Stans are their own worst enemies. 

Spoiler for some kinda-off topic rambling:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to link to a pre-ARTPOP thread I was remembering the other day and dug up, just to give you a taste of delusions past. If you think brains are rotted now... In the midst of her hip-injury blackout Gaga posted a timelapse film of the BTWB stage being built. In the video there was one single distorted frame. This lead to some truly wild speculation and inevitable meltdowns. Absolutely classic LM behaviour :huntyga:. A lot of the images in the thread are broken, and I certainly don't think you should read the whole thing, but give it a browse if you're interested, it's very funny looking back now! The video they are talking about is linked in the first post.

Thanks for this write up! I mentioned the tweet because I usually don't hype spiral, but I was definitely receptive to a April release schedule like ME! (but, uh, not ME!) based on that single tweet kiii. In general though, yeah, it seems like some people are predisposed to hype-spirals. I don't know if people are actually, like, depressed or mad, or just hyperbolic, but the extraordinary groupe Penny Lane raised me right and I'm chillin'. "If you never take it seriously you never get hurt. If you never get hurt you always have fun."

As for that thread, I've read it! Post-BTW ARTPOP hype is so hilarious in hindsight. Bless 'em.

LaLa
7 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Thanks for this write up! I mentioned the tweet because I usually don't hype spiral, but I was definitely receptive to a April release schedule like ME! (but, uh, not ME!) based on that single tweet kiii. In general though, yeah, it seems like some people are predisposed to hype-spirals. I don't know if people are actually, like, depressed or mad, or just hyperbolic, but the extraordinary groupe Penny Lane raised me right and I'm chillin'. "If you never take it seriously you never get hurt. If you never get hurt you always have fun."

As for that thread, I've read it! Post-BTW ARTPOP hype is so hilarious in hindsight. Bless 'em.

Almost Famous :diane:One of my all time favs!

Listen, when she changed that Spotify header I'm not gonna pretend I didn't think "here we effing goooo!" too lol. I think being able to laugh at our own hype afterwards is the key, instead of getting angry at Gaga. Some people just struggle :laughga:

RochestrMonstr

Between BTW and ARTPOP was worse than either of these options. 

I guess I’ll go with LG5 though, because that time it had been longer than seven months since the last time we got pop music from her. 

ArtGagaPop

Pre LG5 era, because to me it feels like the pre LG6 era has barely started. 

Reginald

Pre-LG4 was the WORST. After her hip accident, she went into a total blackout -- she even deleted her profile picture on Twitter

I literally *cried* when she finally appeared again at the 2013 NYC Pride festival to give a speech. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

TimisaMonster

PRE LG6....This is like seeing SOOOO MANY opportunities to releases and not taking them...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

pachinko
2 hours ago, gag said:

Y'all having short term memory loss??

Pre-LG5: jazz album, jazz tour, tributes galore, American Horror Story, Oscar loss

Pre-LG6: Grammy-winning full length soundtrack album, Oscar winning feature film, Vegas residency, events after events after events

Thanks! I changed my vote. :gayhat:

I wasn't a super fan during Pre-LG5, but i was wondering if shed ever release again. I don't think its depressing at all, it makes me excited to see what she has up her sleeve.

Anderson123

Pre ARTPOP was the worst one. I barely remember pre Joanne and I’m okay with pre LG6 right now, ASIB soundtrack has been so good that I rarely feel like I need new Gaga music. 

MrGreen

Pre-LG5. I was so depressed the day Frankensteined was cancelled... :lmao:

Archived