Jump to content
Stefani Tee
celeb

Cardi B MET dress was made with REAL feathers

Featured Posts

Adarsh
54 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

There's a difference between eating food and wearing dead animals for self indulgent opulence. We can all make a difference by consuming ethically sourced meat and cutting down on meat as much as possible. Not everybody can afford the vegan lifestyle and that's a whole separate issue. But we certainly don't need to say well you better be all or nothing. 

I’m a vegetarian and it is way cheaper than eating meat. Just letting you know. :)

That boy is a monster
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker

Y'all are making a problem out of nothing..

"You chew beef, I wear meat and stay on top" - Lady Gaga - Cake like Lady Gaga

People seem to forget that Animals also kill each other, it's nature and I don't think the animals are just killed for the feathers, but in combination with the meat. They can just pull off the feathers and then use it for meat.

Btw, is literally 90% of this cult site vegan, because I don't get it. People are omnivores, let them live and let them be.

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

As if it was just Cardi's dress....:laughga:

Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Lizzo, Yara Shahidi, Naomi Campbell, Taylor Hill, Ciara, Gigi Hadid, Amber Valleta, Hamish Bowles, Anna Wintour and even ****ing Liza Whatsherface ALL wore feathers. 

But sure, come for the loud, black girl. Shocking. :huntyga:

I think it's because of the size of the thing. It opens your eyes to the problems with using animal materials in fashion. I'm glad that some designers such as Donatella Versace have realised it's unnecessary and decided to stop using materials like fur and crocodile skin. 

Serial liker
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanne Godijn
2 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

I’m a vegetarian and it is way cheaper than eating meat. Just letting you know. :)

The user probably meant veganism not vegiterian

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beytwice

that's just cruelty

why would anyone ever want to wear cruelty, that's beyond my understanding :messga:

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse
42 minutes ago, neptugne said:

When offered steak vs salad, same vitamins and nutrients, how many people would choose steak bc they enjoy the flavor of meat? Animals in the form of food does not mean they're not self-indulging as well. I do agree you don't have to be all or nothing, but for people just complaining online trying to trash someone, check your own choices and footprint first. 

Yeah totally. Humans are omnivores and I think meat will always be eaten.  I think you can be a meat eater and still care about animal welfare too. The environmental impact of the meat industry and the cruelty animals face at our expense is a shame. All we can hope for is improving meat industry regulations and advocating for cruelty-free policies. As for this specific topic of Cardi B's dress... I'm personally not outraged or surprised that this happened just for a dress. But I think we could collectively do better by being more conscious of how we engage with animal-derived products on an individual level.

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamourpuss
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:


People seem to forget that Animals also kill each other, it's nature and I don't think the animals are just killed for the feathers, but in combination with the meat. They can just pull off the feathers and then use it for meat.
 

What's that got to do with anything? They kill because it's their instinct to survive. It's not the same as farming animals in torturous conditions just so you can wear the feathers for fashion. The meat probably is eaten but it doesn't change the fact that those animals are killed for unnecessary purposes. It's a bit sickening to think about really but I'm an animal lover and made a conscious decision a long time ago not to eat them. 

Edited by Glamourpuss
Serial liker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zander
14 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

As if it was just Cardi's dress....:laughga:

Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Lizzo, Yara Shahidi, Naomi Campbell, Taylor Hill, Ciara, Gigi Hadid, Amber Valleta, Hamish Bowles, Anna Wintour and even ****ing Liza Whatsherface ALL wore feathers. 

But sure, come for the loud, black girl. Shocking. :huntyga:

Huh? This literally has nothing to do with race. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100

I stopped being a gaga fan for nearly a year after I saw her wearing fur. Then I just sort of realised I should just focus on what I can control, people are always going to have different ideas and beliefs on what they think is fine to do

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
neptugne
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

Yeah totally. Humans are omnivores and I think meat will always be eaten.  I think you can be a meat eater and still care about animal welfare too. The environmental impact of the meat industry and the cruelty animals face at our expense is a shame. All we can hope for is improving meat industry regulations and advocating for cruelty-free policies. As for this specific topic of Cardi B's dress... I'm personally not outraged or surprised that this happened just for a dress. But I think we could collectively do better by being more conscious of how we engage with animal-derived products on an individual level.

Not to drag our specific conversation on forever, but your responses have been very nice and thought out and I enjoy that and respect your opinion :kiss:. I don't think farmers are evil, or people who hunt their own food (not hunting for fun), that's just nature and life, animals kill each other. But factory farming, the agricultural industry and how most meat in the US is produced, is very horrible and I agree we need to personally make choices to fight it and stop supporting them. Also just to say, I think fashion is also very horrible w their treatment of animals, it's just most people don't also partake in it/it's more upper class at this extent so I pointed out the consumption of meat for my example. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
Posted (edited)

It's really cruel especially if it made for fashion and people should respect the vegetarians and vegans here.

Edited by River
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BornAsUnic0rn
2 minutes ago, Zander said:

Huh? This literally has nothing to do with race. 

Nothing? Really? So many people wore Feathers just at the MET, Gaga’s Dress probably used the same amount. And the Loud Black Girl gets this reaction? And that is a common theme going on, and it works so well, you don’t even realize it’s happening.

 

If it’s wrong, it’s wrong. No matter if it’s 5 or 50000 feathers. So call Gaga and all the others out the same way you call Cardi out. Because the amount of Birds killed doesn’t make it worse or better. Tell me,  if it’s really about the birds/animals, why call one out and give the other 30 People a pass?  

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

Not to drag our specific conversation on forever, but your responses have been very nice and thought out and I enjoy that and respect your opinion :kiss:. I don't think farmers are evil, or people who hunt their own food (not hunting for fun), that's just nature and life, animals kill each other. But factory farming, the agricultural industry and how most meat in the US is produced, is very horrible and I agree we need to personally make choices to fight it and stop supporting them. Also just to say, I think fashion is also very horrible w their treatment of animals, it's just most people don't also partake in it/it's more upper class at this extent so I pointed out the consumption of meat for my example. 

Aww ILY! :party: You too! I love civil discourse:vegas: & I clickt your insta and saw your post about that bird in the plastic bag so I've got the receipts that you do care about animal welfare (not that I didn't believe you did). But yes I agree, it seems like it's an issue for people who have the luxury to think about the food they choose to eat/the clothes they choose to wear VS the people who simply eat what they can afford to survive.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominic
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

Y'all are making a problem out of nothing..

"You chew beef, I wear meat and stay on top" - Lady Gaga - Cake like Lady Gaga

People seem to forget that Animals also kill each other, it's nature and I don't think the animals are just killed for the feathers, but in combination with the meat. They can just pull off the feathers and then use it for meat.

Btw, is literally 90% of this cult site vegan, because I don't get it. People are omnivores, let them live and let them be.

For survival because they dont have the capacity to think or do otherwise. Humans are intellectually more advanced. Pretty daft thing to say :fail:

 

8 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Nothing? Really? So many people wore Feathers just at the MET, Gaga’s Dress probably used the same amount. And the Loud Black Girl gets this reaction? And that is a common theme going on, and it works so well, you don’t even realize it’s happening.

 

If it’s wrong, it’s wrong. No matter if it’s 5 or 50000 feathers. So call Gaga and all the others out the same way you call Cardi out. Because the amount of Birds killed doesn’t make it worse or better. Tell me,  if it’s really about the birds/animals, why call one out and give the other 30 People a pass?  

Both are wrong, Gaga should be called out and criticised but to compare 5 to 50,000?  Whaaaaaaat? :fail:

Edited by Dominic
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...