Gaga Daily Youtube
politics

47% of white Republicans bothered to hear people speaking foreign languages

Featured Posts

Cuchulainn

I see this a lot in other countries too. Locals in France, Czechia, Germany etc. have all seemed less than happy at times that I approach them in English as I don’t have any understanding of their own languages. I think it has more to do with they think it’s rude to assume they speak English, though.

I love hearing other languages being spoken in the US. I wish throughout middle school they enforced us to learn more Spanish or another language. 

• Like 1

Craven Moorecox
2 hours ago, TMM90 said:

I’m from the Netherlands myself. And I get annoyed when people with a migration background - that have been living in the country for at least 5 years don’t speak dutch or refuse to speak it. 

Doesn’t make me racist or a right wing voter. 

In my opinion you should adjust to your new surroundings without leaving your own culture or langeauges behind. It can be done. I have been raised with all kinds of religions and cultural backgrounds around me, so don’t come at me!

Nederlands is een heel moeilijk taal:derpga:

Widows Kiss
49 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

you could have typed "i'm uncomfortable when everything doesn't revolve around me" and it would have saved you a few lines

Telling people they are self absorbed because they'd like to hold a conversation which sadly doesn't work if your opposite can't or doesn't speak the same language(s) as you, isn't a good look, sis. :sis:

Saint Jude
1 hour ago, Widows Kiss said:

Telling people they are self absorbed because they'd like to hold a conversation which sadly doesn't work if your opposite can't or doesn't speak the same language(s) as you, isn't a good look, sis. :sis:

here's a tip: if people are speaking in language they know you don't know it's most likely because you're not meant to be part of that conversation xx

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

TMM90
10 hours ago, Craven Moorecox said:

Nederlands is een heel moeilijk taal:derpga:

Yes it is. But with a bit of effort it should be possible to learn it. 

NCgaga

I'm actually surprised that 53% AREN'T bothered by other's speaking other languages. Are we actually making progress? 

• Like 1

Batwings

And I am bothered by hearing 47% of white Republicans speak in public!

A true reverse Warholian experience! :vegas:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

lego
18 hours ago, Saint Jude said:

here's a tip: if people are speaking in language they know you don't know it's most likely because you're not meant to be part of that conversation xx

This needs to be pinned. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 1

JusKeepBreathin

47% of GGD is bothered when a pop star works with a regeatton star or rap star. 

"Where can I get the song without  that verse?" Is a question commonly used here. Except most of these songs are duets with both artists getting top billing. The songs was recorded to be the only version of that song and not just, rap features. 

So, the  white republican  thing doesn't surprise me at all. :reductive:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Glitter Monster

If you don’t have anything else to do then listening to other people’s conversations that you can’t understand anyway and even manage to get annoyed by it then that’s your problem :triggered:

I mean what exactly bothers them? That they can’t understand what people are saying? If so take the time to learn the language or stop complaining. 

If they just can’t hear other languages because they’re being racist then get out:interestinga:

Interstellar

Americans are obviously one of the worst for this, but I’m shocked at some of the European members on here..

Like, the EU has 24 official languages. And since it’s so easy to pack up your bags and move/study in another country, there’s always bound to be a large community of your own in that other county that you don’t even need to learn the local language to live there.

For example: my boyfriend is Irish, and he moved to Czech for a year to study many years ago. He learned basic phrases like “yes, no, how much, beer” etc. However, there was never any need for him to learn the full language because his studies were in English, and all the people he associated himself with spoke English as well.

The same can be said about certain areas of countries: like, Miami is predominantly a Spanish speaking city. Spanish speaking folks who move from abroad can easily get by with knowing zero to little English. Or China-towns in major cities. 

What I’m saying is there are large enough cultural communities in the majority of cities that make it so people that don’t speak the local language, basically don’t need to be fluent in it.