💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Metamorphosis"- The meaning behind Gaga’s Met Gala performance

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

Bradley
34 minutes ago, ydnmnme said:

Yes and also there was a speculation about the "Metamorphosis" thing after she posted those pics in August :cryga:

I remember Gaga used a butterfly backdrop for her Til It Happens to You performance at the Billboard Women in Music event, and they said it was LG5's theme. :air:

TimisaMonster

I actually am here for it...Gaga has used butterfly imagery before during the BTW era and I think it's a sub concept she wants to explore more about how she was one thing that has now shed all of her past and become her true and ultimate form...GAGA

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

mauvais

Well, I like this interpretation more than others that propose it was a performance of self-objectification :laughga:

10 minutes ago, River said:

I don't get the obsession with the metamorphosis idea, every era it's popping up..

Gaga changing 4 underwear in a day - OMG METAMORPHOSIS :laughga:

It's an easy metaphor for pop girls and their fanbases. But, I think the metaphor works better in a single performance like this, rather than as, like, the framework of an entire era. I mean, would you believe her if she said 'I totally have my sh*t together and LG6 is my final form'? That sounds like something she'd tweet so everyone knew she was kidnapped. 

GAGAVENUS
32 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I don't get the obsession with the metamorphosis idea, every era it's popping up..

Gaga changing 4 underwear in a day - OMG METAMORPHOSIS :laughga:

I think it's just cuz GAGA is such a shapeshifter and everyone thinks that her current shapeshift is her final/authentic one and she has "fully bloomed" or whatever, even though all of her forms and era are authentically her and she is an artist, so she constantly changes

Rio

I just get vibes from that AURORA album cover from 2016? I'm totally here for an album called METAMORPHOSIS or a concept album about that. 

Gaga as an artist has always been about this, her chameleonic capabilities, even in her fashion. 

BleepBloop

Well I absolutely think that the whole point of the performance was her way of saying "I've gone through many phases, but now I'm back to being Gaguh":hor:

And I can totally see her announcing tonight:hor:

MrHappy
1 hour ago, VenusBitch said:

Collab with Taylor? :cryga:

No.2 peak confirmed

no no no GIFno :interestinga:

GAGAVENUS
2 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Well I absolutely think that the whole point of the performance was her way of saying "I've gone through many phases, but now I'm back to being Gaguh":hor:

She REALLY seems like she is in her element right now. Like in the strongest way since before ARTPOP, and maybe ever. She seems so comfortable with herself and it makes me so happy cuz I love when she feels good and artistically fulfilled and stimulated 🥰. I'm glad she's back with Nicola and I think ERL is such a good contribution to Haus of Gaga.

The one thing that concerned me was her comment on Samantha Ronson's post, but I really think/hope that that was more in jest and like a dark joke.

She doesn't need Carino or any other man cuz she has the strongest supporters and collaborators in her HAUS.

I love her so much I just want her to be happy, even if that means that she never releases music again (but thank god and the gays that that's not gonna be the case, knock on wood)

Cavadour

Yes, I think 'Metamorphosis' is a trigger here too.

But I see it more like the multi-layer one and only Gaga. In fact this is the 4-in-1 Gaga : you go from the big gown & trail (movie awards period) to a most bare singer-performer bikini version of her. It just means like with the Matryoshka dolls, the smaller one inside, the central stone, is often the most meaningful.

Also the color transition is a pendulum contrast pink > black > pink > black : deep inside the huge colorful over-dressed there's a smaller dark almost naked Gaga. Take also the 'Joanne' items in the cart, she says : now I'm emotionally more distant with LG5 and all the Joanne pathos : consider these attributes as  merchandise. Obviously belonging to a past I still pull behind me.

The rings and overdone serious make-up is another 'layer' of Gaga. Let's peel off the whole Carino era and go back to the black-high-heels boots-fishnet-undies coreGa ! The one we really love and wait for.

When I saw her lying on the stairs, striking kinky poses and looking so happy, I think it was screaming : 'Free again ! Free to be as close to the bone as I want to be...

I also loved all along the performance the amount of humor and fun, which to me are an integral part of what real 'camp' is !

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived