Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Ceremony: Billie Eilish - WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Featured Posts

Blue Madonna

#12. goodbye

goodbye.png

Overall Score: 7.02

Highest Score: 10 - @TheSlash @Maleficent

Lowest Score: 3 - @DiamondKing @AMENiCURE

Comments:

Spoiler

@TheSlash (10) As Billie herself thought of the last three songs as a sentence I want to rate it that way, too :lana:The pure idea of it being one cohesive story and that sentence thing :giveup: It gives me sad chills every time I reach this part of the album. listen before i go is so cinematic, i love you so sad and goodbye makes me so emotional as it really is a goodbye from the album :diane::tony::nooo:

@Orangetrees (9) Such a good closure.

@Thomas P (8.5) I love albums that end the album connecting all songs together.

@LanaDelGrant (8) i guess just a few people noticed that she doesn't cite the previous songs in any other, but backwards, so that's like a nod for starting the album over again

@HausOfHarlow (9) Oddly, I love it. Very creative and artistic to use al one from each track. 

@Maleficent (10) i actually love this blend of all the songs—i think it sounds lush and beautiful!

@Oriane (7) I like it, it’s a good outro, but the end is a bit sudden.

@DiamondKing (3) A very creative way to end the album.

@halcyonpop (8.8) I love this kind of album conclusion, the reimagining of the main themes. She does it really well here.

@aaron l(9) Genuinely such a flawless ending to this album. From the moment this track begins, my emotions are already set on high and the way we get to experience the album once again, but all at once is an EXPERIENCE. Beautifully produced.

@Sam98 (9) Brilliant. First time I personally hear something like this as an album ending.

@lifeasgeorge (7) this song makes sense as a closer for the album but it's kind of weird to just listen to on it's own. if that makes sense lol

@rumours (8.25) A good way to end the album.

yikes - Billie Eilish
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, Blue Madonna said:

#12. goodbye

goodbye.png

Comments:

Hide contents

@TheSlash (10) As Billie herself thought of the last three songs as a sentence I want to rate it that way, too :lana:The pure idea of it being one cohesive story and that sentence thing :giveup: It gives me sad chills every time I reach this part of the album. listen before i go is so cinematic, i love you so sad and goodbye makes me so emotional as it really is a goodbye from the album :diane::tony::nooo:

@LanaDelGrant (8) i guess just a few people noticed that she doesn't cite the previous songs in any other, but backwards, so that's like a nod for starting the album over again

@HausOfHarlow (9) Oddly, I love it. Very creative and artistic to use al one from each track. 

@Maleficent (10) i actually love this blend of all the songs—i think it sounds lush and beautiful!

@halcyonpop (8.8) I love this kind of album conclusion, the reimagining of the main themes. She does it really well here.

@aaron l(9) Genuinely such a flawless ending to this album. From the moment this track begins, my emotions are already set on high and the way we get to experience the album once again, but all at once is an EXPERIENCE. Beautifully produced.

@Sam98 (9) Brilliant. First time I personally hear something like this as an album ending.

@lifeasgeorge (7) this song makes sense as a closer for the album but it's kind of weird to just listen to on it's own. if that makes sense lol

Scream.gif

PG.
  • LMAO 3

Mudkip

Imma need to check my rates again I forgot what scores I gave :poot:

also some of y’all never had Invisaligns and it shows :gaycat:

Oh, The taste of your lips I'm on a ride You're TM06 I'm slippin' under
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

AMENiCURE
Posted (edited)

mind me for such ratings

by the way my ggd account got hacked somebody is threatening to get me hate on my taste I've worked really hard on. 

Spoiler

Rita-Ora.jpg1415008000707_wps_2_Rita_Ora_TWITTER.jpg

Edited by AMENiCURE
  • LMAO 2

aaron l
Posted (edited)

goodbye slayed any outro any of our favs will put out in the next 3 years

tenor.gif

Edited by aaron l
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

PlastiscGuy
Just now, aaron l said:

tenor.gif

Except for LG6. We all know last track will be another live cover of La Vie en Rose :ally:

PG.
  • LMAO 3

Blue Madonna
4 minutes ago, aaron l said:

tenor.gif

Agreed, except this:

It's actually the second-to-last song but it serves as an album summary just like goodbye. If you listen to the whole album you'll get it :diane:

yikes - Billie Eilish
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

Blue Madonna
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

mind me for such ratings

by the way my ggd account got hacked somebody is threatening to get me hate on my taste I've worked really hard on. 

Rita Ora teas

edit: nvm mess you posted it yourself :emma:

Edited by Blue Madonna
yikes - Billie Eilish
  • LMAO 3

Blue Madonna
Posted (edited)

The next one shocked and saddened me... :giveup:

any guesses? :pole:

Edited by Blue Madonna
yikes - Billie Eilish
  • Sad 1

lifeasgeorge
Posted (edited)

Am I the only one that didn't realize that Goodbye pulls lines from every song in reverse order until you guys told me just now 

anigif_sub-buzz-24580-1501175225-2.gif

Edited by lifeasgeorge
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Shook 3

rumours
16 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Reading this for the first time was an experience :air:

I’m here now. 

And :vegas:

Married to @Mikołaj (#nohoemoahbruh)
  • YAAAS 1

rumours
10 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

#12. goodbye

goodbye.png

Comments:

Hide contents

Not one of the good songs being out so early :saladga:

Married to @Mikołaj (#nohoemoahbruh)
  • Like 1

Blue Madonna

#11. xanny

xanny.png

Overall Score: 7.52

Highest Score: 11 - @aaron l

Lowest Score: 3 - @Gam

Comments:

Spoiler

@Thomas P (9) I think any good thing that can be said about this song has been said. The message is great, and her lyrics and vocals are beautiful. 

@LanaDelGrant (9.3) this song was a good showcase to that bass heavy chorus, i personally would have put it a little away from bad guy, i guess having them together might have given the impression that the album was going to revolve around the same sound 

@Maleficent(8) love this song—but the fact that a 16/17 yr old is singing about heavy drugs makes me mildly uncomfortable

@Trepadation (6.8) the jazzy verses are so good but the heavy bass makes it unbearable to listen to 

@Oriane (7.5) I like the magical atmosphere and the rhythm, the indie and rock vibes.

@DiamondKing (4) Great lyrics, but soundwise the song isn't my cup of tea.

@aaron l (11) Easily the best track and the most atmospheric. This track sucks me into a place of nostalgia, deep emotion, and even a little bit of regret. Billie hit me hard with xanny and expresses something I've never fully been able to put into words myself.

@Sam98 (7) Didn't vibe much with this, I enjoy it only during certain times and with certain feelings

@rumours (5.25) Part of her voice reminds me slightly of Bjork. This track is really frustrating because parts of it are wonderful… but the awful bass/fart sound ruins the chorus. It could have been a 8+ track, but it was ruined. Such a shame.

yikes - Billie Eilish
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 5

TeenIdle

Here and ready to witness wtpo snatching the crown :vegas:

goodbye is so creative. At first I was like this sounds reductive and familiar and then I realized it's a summary

Host of Globalvision
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1