Justin Bieber x Ed Sheeran - “10”

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 hour ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

It doesn't matter if it's as bad as these songs, it's still gonna be huge because they're both the biggest male pop stars. 

Did you not see the stars of Earth?

Bradley
2 hours ago, River Phoenix said:

But we’re talking about Ed Sheeran, who’s album was the best selling album globally of 2017, with 6.1 million copies worldwide according to the IFPI and selling more than 11 millions equivalent units and Justin Bieber, need I say more about him? Their hype is there and it’s not gonna flop Nor doing decent. It’s going to be HUGE. If this is a lead single collab for their future albums, they’re gonna conquer #1 at hot 100 without a doubt. But that doesn’t mean Gaga can’t release anything now because she might be overshadowed because that is simply not true. Gaga will still have a chance at doing well alongside with JB and Ed collab IF her team treats her right and plan out an amazing promo for LG6. Her #1 on Hot 100 will be secured in the bag if the song relates to people like shallow did or catchy enough for the GP to eat it up. I just hope LG6 goes well.

Oh I didn't say they were going to flop, that's very unlikely.

I'm just saying things are really unpredictable nowadays. Mark Ronson exploded with Uptown Funk, and I thought Nothing Breaks Like A Heart was going to achieve at least decent success but it turned out to do just moderately.

And if Zedd could achieve Song of the Year-recognition and massive radioplay with The Middle, I thought a huge star like Katy Perry could catapult him into further success, which turned out to be not true once again.

Then Shallow was expected by Gaga fans to peak at like top 30 before it was out? Who would have thought it would be nominated for Record and Song of the Year, winning BSWFVM and BPDGP, peaked at #1, won like 50 awards including the Oscar?

I'm just saying things are very unpredictable nowadays.

gag
4 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

Billboard 100:

#1 song in March: 300 points

#5 song in May: 800 points

Even if Perfect Illusion was released in March this year, it would have been #1, easily. So yes, there was really an Opportunity.

I have no idea where you got that the #5 song right now has 800 points, it's 236 according to Simon Falk's newest predictions. The #1 song right now has ~725 and that is an anomaly, not the norm.

It's also pointless comparing a song released in 2016 to a song that would be released in 2019 because the charts have changed so significantly in terms of consumer trends and Billboard changing their formula. Shallow needed a HUGE boost in order to even get to #1 so no, Perfect Illusion would not have been #1 had it been released in March. Yes competition is stiffer right now but to think that there was an 'easy' week on the chart since Shallow hit #1 is just wrong.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

imnotyourbabe10

I read this thread title and

scary movie popcorn GIF by HULU

Gaga really does need to save pop music again.  I mean, as she said, "Pop music will never be low brow"

If you guys are tired of the current pop scene (even P!nk and Taylor's recent releases were a little underwhelming IMHO) here are some suggestions and throw backs I've been bopping to: LÉON, Scavenger Hunt, Morgan Saint, Déyyess, Love You Later,   Laura Branigan, Precious Kid, Gone West, Fickle Friends, Dido, Hozier.

(Oh, and don't forget that Lukas Nelson of ASIB soundtrack is releasing a new album this summer, too )

Melech
12 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Gaga really does need to save pop music again.  I mean, as sh

Bieber and Ed are pop artists 

imnotyourbabe10
1 minute ago, Melech said:

Bieber and Ed are pop artists  

Lmao I totally contradicted myself by quoting her in one sentence :sharon: :icega: :madge: :air:

Maybe if she could just save us from them (not from pop music) by overriding them with a release, that would work? I dunno.  I'll see myself out.

Thanks for the smile this morning

insight

Another song for the charts to milk your piggy bank dry.

I bet the record execs schemed up this collaboration . somebody is in dire need of cash.

ferretti

I know y'all hate on Ed for being so successful and being a lame white dude, which is fair - but he writes hits and honestly, I bet this slays. I think Gags should release this Friday anyway and tear them down.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Archived