Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Florence a better vocalist than Gaga?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

So, Gaga and Florence are my two faves and i think they're very different artists.

I think Gaga expresses her artistry in more ways but Florence has definitely a better voice and can definitely hold a note longer than Gaga .  

Do  any of you agree? 

http://www.criticofmusic.com/2012/11/vocal-profile-florence-welch-florence.html

http://www.criticofmusic.com/2012/11/vocal-profile-lady-gaga.html

I mean, i think that these posts say that Florence's voice is clearly superior in certain conditions but these were updated in 2012 and we know Gaga has gotten a lot better during the years so i want to know what do you think about this:vegas:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

No.  She’s not, IMO. When I watched 5F2 I was kinda cringing at the Hey Girl scene cause Gaga was completely upstaging Florence with the vocals and I felt bad for Florence.  Love them both though :)

♥ Kindness Police.

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

No.  She’s not, IMO. When I watched 5F2 I was kinda cringing at the Hey Girl scene cause Gaga was completely upstaging Florence with the vocals and I felt bad for Florence.  Love them both though :)

I think Hey Girl was definitely not a good example of Forence's abilities. I knew she could do better and in fact i was very disappointed. But look at this 

Dilwyn

technique wise gaga is way better, see any vocal raking and gaga's above her.

both amazing tho

SHALLOW
Just now, Sugden said:

technique wise gaga is way better, see any vocal raking and gaga's above her.

both amazing tho

Yeah but for some reason i don't think Gaga can sing Florence's songs the same way she does :huntyga:

CannaeDrive

Where is the jazz, Broadway, country/rock singing by Florence? There you have it, I like Florence vocals but Gaga versatility is unequaled.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

doppelganger

Gaga is technically superior and versatile . But Florence has a hauntingly beautiful voice. 

SHALLOW
9 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Where is the jazz, Broadway, country/rock singing by Florence? There you have it, I like Florence vocals but Gaga versatility is unequaled.

She kinda did rock tho and i also heard a country version of June

4 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Gaga is technically superior and versatile . But Florence has a hauntingly beautiful voice. 

That's absolutely true. I don't think Florence is as versatile but i think Gaga would definitely sound worse singing her songs whereas Florence sounds heavenly :wtfga:

SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Not even half as good as Gaga.

Sometimes she sounds like a goat tbh

That's rude. You should listen to more of her songs and reconsider your opinion. :vegas:

weed

I think Florence is good at what she does, but her vocals are very... limited imo

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

I think Florence is good at what she does, but her vocals are very... limited imo

Yeah, maybe that's it. But that might also be a good thing cause i can't see anyone else singing her songs as good as she does :vegas:

tomsches

She has the most interesting vibrato since Grace Slick, but she also has problems with her intonation at times. 

AdmistTheLight
4 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Yeah but for some reason i don't think Gaga can sing Florence's songs the same way she does :huntyga:

You shouldn't hold that as a factor in term of vocal ability tho. I believe that is just a difference in their artistry, just like Florence doesn't sing Gaga songs the same way. Also Florence's songs have poetic elements tailored for her, like how a rap song is written based specifically on the rapper experience. 

I would place Gaga above Florence in technique but I love love love Florence's tone and the choices she made with her phrasing.

Sorry for the rant :kiss:

Liberaté mi amor

Archived