series

The Act on Hulu (spoilers)

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

mucinex
2 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

Omg I can’t believe this series is almost over it’s been a ride

Hide contents

Ya know I thought they were gonna portrays Dee Dee’s murder graphically, but I guess out of respect of the victims family

I did felt bad for Gypsy because she went through so much unnecessary bs from her mom, even though some claim she murder her purely because she couldn’t be with Nick but I think the main factor is because of the suffocation and violation of independence, and the physical and emotional abuse she endured :saladga:

They have no respect for Gypsy's family whatsoever lmao 

Mylene

i’m watching in it right now!!! i’m at the ep 7 and waiting for the others ep to come out it’s really a good serie luv 

David Ward
12 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

The show is an awful disservice and disrespect to Gypsy's story. Not only is the show itself bad, but the problems with the production team not paying Gypsy's family for the show and ignoring their calls is just out right disgusting. 

I honestly had no idea about the Gypsy Rose story before watching, I watched knowing nothing about the actual Gypsy and her story, but I must say that the show made me genuinely feel empathy for her and I truly cared about her as a person and a victim. Obviously, after watching I had to learn more about her and watch her documentaries and interviews. I have to say that the show painted her in a really positive way.

That being said, I cannot agree more with you about the production team and studio not compensating Gypsy. I finished the show almost 2 weeks ago (all episodes leaked) and every other day I still think about how fuçked up that situation is. Gypsy will need all the financial help she can get when she's released, not just emotional support.

Mylene
Just now, David Ward said:

All the episodes leaked weeks ago 

beyond scared straight head tilt GIF

wait- what? on putlockers it’s only at the ep 7 :/ weird luv

mucinex
1 hour ago, David Ward said:

I honestly had no idea about the Gypsy Rose story before watching, I watched knowing nothing about the actual Gypsy and her story, but I must say that the show made me genuinely feel empathy for her and I truly cared about her as a person and a victim. Obviously, after watching I had to learn more about her and watch her documentaries and interviews. I have to say that the show painted her in a really positive way.

That being said, I cannot agree more with you about the production team and studio not compensating Gypsy. I finished the show almost 2 weeks ago (all episodes leaked) and every other day I still think about how fuçked up that situation is. Gypsy will need all the financial help she can get when she's released, not just emotional support.

It doesn't bother me so much about how they portrayed her, though you could argue that sometimes they made her more deceitful than she actually was, my main problem was the hyper sexualized and inaccuracies in her story. It's inevitable that dramas based on real events are going to change the story a bit, but some of the things they made up, or lied about were just disrespectful and irresponsible given that this happened just a few years ago and this girl is gonna have to live with the burden of what she did when she gets out. Inaccuracies in the story can lead people to believe misinformation, and Gypsy is gonna have to live with that, not the actors, producers, or writers. 

SharkmanthaC
2 hours ago, Matt Amor said:

The show is an awful disservice and disrespect to Gypsy's story. Not only is the show itself bad, but the problems with the production team not paying Gypsy's family for the show and ignoring their calls is just out right disgusting. 

2 hours ago, David Ward said:

@Matt AmorI don’t know anything about production ignoring calls from her family. Do you have any articles or something? I’d like to know more. I just knew she wasn’t happy with it. 

@David Ward I’m not sure, but when I was discussing this with a friend we discussed the possibility that Gypsy may not be able to profit from this because she was convicted of murder. However, I don’t know if that is accurate, we were speculating. I’m sure her family members could. 

she/her/hers

mucinex
10 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

@Matt AmorI don’t know anything about production ignoring calls from her family. Do you have any articles or something? I’d like to know more. I just knew she wasn’t happy with it. 

@David Ward I’m not sure, but when I was discussing this with a friend we discussed the possibility that Gypsy may not be able to profit from this because she was convicted of murder. However, I don’t know if that is accurate, we were speculating. I’m sure her family members could. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.womenshealthmag.com/life/amp27032083/gypsy-rose-suing-hulu-the-act/

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a27044756/gypsy-rose-blanchard-money-the-act-hulu/

Lottie Winters

I love the show and all the actors are superb especially Patricia Arquette and Joey King!

As heartbreaking as it is for Gypsy she’s not legally allowed to profit from her crimes and doesn’t deserve a cent from the show. Imagine sending a killer a paycheck or asking for their opinions on how they are portrayed...

mucinex
13 minutes ago, PenthousePssy said:

I love the show and all the actors are superb especially Patricia Arquette and Joey King!

As heartbreaking as it is for Gypsy she’s not legally allowed to profit from her crimes and doesn’t deserve a cent from the show. Imagine sending a killer a paycheck or asking for their opinions on how they are portrayed...

Gypsy's family deserves the money they were promised. Obviously this show has swayed your opinion on Gypsy. She is mentally ill & not as deceitful as they portrayed her on The Act. This situation isn't comparable to a serial killer at all. 

SharkmanthaC
23 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

Gypsy's family deserves the money they were promised. Obviously this show has swayed your opinion on Gypsy. She is mentally ill & not as deceitful as they portrayed her on The Act. This situation isn't comparable to a serial killer at all. 

I don’t really feel they portrayed her as deceitful. Yes she is mentally ill, as anyone who lived in that situation would be. As I stated before, watch her actual testimony and you can see she is very intelligent but naive about the world (as would be expected).

she/her/hers

Diamonster

I watched the leaked episodes last week and finished it, I liked it, I had followed the case of Gypsy for a while so I got really excited when I found out a show was being made.

It’s so sad how she didn’t get a chance at a normal life.

I kinda don’t like how they portrayed her though, it was like she was almost just, normal except raised by a psychopath, instead of someone who lived her entire life believing she had illnesses she did not have 

SharkmanthaC
7 hours ago, Diamonster said:

I kinda don’t like how they portrayed her though, it was like she was almost just, normal except raised by a psychopath, instead of someone who lived her entire life believing she had illnesses she did not have 

I can kind of see this point. (More in spoiler.)

Spoiler

You can tell when she leaves with Nick she isn't in her right mind and she continues to feel she needs multiple medications. I think there is some portrayal  of her not being in the right mind or at least showing her naivety. I don't know that she would have got so wrapped up in Nick had she not been with such a psychopath, that much is at least implied. 

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC

This is a great documentary on the case.  They interview Gypsy, Nick via phone, Dee Dee's family and friends and neighbors.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to watch it from this link, but it is available on Hulu.  Someone might be able to find it online, I'm bad at that stuff.

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/gypsys-revenge/

she/her/hers

Archived