💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Song Will Be LG6 Biggest Competitor On Charts?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I think it will be Con Calma. 

It's going up in radio quickly (1M to 2M AI Increase per day) and it's been gaining on iTunes slowly over the last week instead of falling so it looks like a grower

Old Town Road is big already and should be past it's peak when Gaga's single reaches its peak so I don't think it will be the biggest competitor

Unless LG6 lead had a string debut then yes Old Town Road could block that #1 :triggered:

theahsfan

Um... we should be thinking about what albums are gonna be a threat, not singles, we're not expecting a huge blockbuster top 3 hit... I'm not anyway. And Con Calma probably won't be a huge thing on the charts, if you're gonna worry about anything worry about Rihanna and Taylor

Antichrist
Just now, Economy said:

What's AG27?

Ariana Grande's 27th album, to be released as soon as she gathers enough exes / wants to write a fun album with ha fwendz k tnx

Economy
Just now, theahsfan said:

Um... we should be thinking about what albums are gonna be a threat, not singles, we're not expecting a huge blockbuster top 3 hit... I'm not anyway. And Con Calma probably won't be a huge thing on the charts, if you're gonna worry about anything worry about Rihanna and Taylor

I think ur underestimating Con Calmas potential tbh.

Taylor could be a big threat too but we'd have to hear the song first. It's not like her last album was all smash hit singles anyway

Tho I agree album wise Taylor would be the biggest threat

As for Rihanna. Depends when she releases

theahsfan
Just now, Economy said:

I think ur underestimating Con Calmas potential tbh.

Taylor could be a big threat too but we'd have to hear the song first. It's not like her last album was all smash hit singles anyway

Tho I agree album wise Taylor would be the biggest threat

As for Rihanna. Depends when she releases

Maybe Con Calma will be circulating around the top 11-20 (people said 365 would be a smash too) but even Taki Taki didn't enter the top 10.. imagine making a thread just to cause unnecessary anxiety for those who care about the charts anyway. We should be thinking more about the albums 

Economy
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

Maybe Con Calma will be circulating around the top 11-20 (people said 365 would be a smash too) but even Taki Taki didn't enter the top 10.. imagine making a thread just to cause unnecessary anxiety for those who care about the charts anyway. We should be thinking more about the albums 

Yeah but 365 never showed consistent evidence of being a hit. Con Calma is actually climbing up in radio quickly and slowly rising on iTunes unlike 365 although streams are still weak for con Calma so we will have to see

But singles can help albums success too and some of us like hit singles so what's the issue in thinking about it?

Also the lead is probably closer than the album anyway. We can discuss the album after the lead is out :shrug:

Economy
Just now, monketsharona said:

Old Town Road, it's not going anywhere for the next few months

I don't even like that song that much I dont get the huge hype :air:

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I don't even like that song that much I dont get the huge hype :air:

Same here,

Honestly I don't give a damn if Gaga is not getting a new #1 next era. I would be very fine with new top 10 hits with longevity

Economy
Just now, monketsharona said:

Same here,

Honestly I don't give a damn if Gaga is not getting a new #1 next era. I would be very fine with new top 10 hits with longevity

Same. Top 10s are nice too and perfectly fine

But a #1 is always nice :sweat:

I kinda want Gaga to keep succeeding commercially cuz I want her to have a long legacy and to be really remembered

Critical acclaim is good but commercial success helps a lot in that department too

Madonna for example had a huge legendary name and it wasn't because of critical acclaim or awards that's for sure

Currently LG6 lead will have no competition. Now it going #1 will be difficult if we get a random drop from Adele, Beyoncé, or Rihanna. 

Economy
3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Currently LG6 lead will have no competition. Now it going #1 will be difficult if we get a random drop from Adele, Beyoncé, or Rihanna. 

Depends. If it comes may 3rd as many expect, and it gets a good debut... Old Town road could block a #1 debut first week

I do think longer term tho it won't be an issue tho cuz by the time LG6 lead peaks Old Town Road should be dead

Loyalty

If LG6s lead single gets released this spring then there’s just no chance that the songs going straight to #1 unless it’s planned properly. :triggered:

Gaga needs announce/hype the songs release date to get everyone excited for at least a month, and on the day the songs out it needs to be absolutely everywhere with a music video & lyric video. 

Then the week after obviously the song will impact on radio, and she should release a few behind the scene music videos

Then the premiere live performance of the song should be on an award show so all the publications can be talking about it forever. 

Archived