Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

LGBTQ+ Book Recommendations?

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

SKANK
4 hours ago, Flooo said:

It's fiction but I recently read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and loved it! It's basically gay Harry Potter which is a little weird in the beginning as you have a lot of equivalents, but it quickly becomes its own thing. It's funny and sweet and has a surprisingly good story that holds up on its own:happy:

I wanted to read Carry On, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was a sequel, or is a companion piece to something else the author wrote. Is that true? Or can I just jump in.

Gagadonna

From Adam Silvera: 

- History is all you left me 

- More happy than not 

- They both die at the end 

Glittertinks
2 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I wanted to read Carry On, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was sequel, or is a companion piece to something else the author wrote. Is that true? Or can I just jump in.

The story was a famous story mentioned in another book of the author that the main character in said book wrote fanfictions about. Both are quite different universes still, I think you do not need to worry much.

SKANK
5 minutes ago, Glittertinks said:

The story was a famous story mentioned in another book of the author that the main character in said book wrote fanfictions about. Both are quite different universes still, I think you do not need to worry much.

So, in another novel by the the same author, one of the characters in that novel writes fanfiction based on the universe written about in Carry On, but the two novels are otherwise unrelated? Is that right, or am I just really confused?  :toofunny:

Glittertinks
13 minutes ago, SKANK said:

So, in another novel by the the same author, one of the characters in that novel writes fanfiction based on the universe written about in Carry On, but the two novels are otherwise unrelated? Is that right, or am I just really confused?  :toofunny:

That is correct! 

Jose P

I’d say Adam Silvera is the best current gay author at the moment so definitely check him out, he’s pretty amazing.

The Picture of Dorian Gray is a big classic and one of my favorites of all time, although it’s not technically a gay romance. It doesn’t deal with LGBT themes, it only has some homoerotic undertones. But I’d still recommend for the gorgeous writing and complex philosophical themes that it deals with. Pure art.

Robo Ga
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

Straight-up LGBT or also with hidden undertones ? Because in this case you can find a lot of books from before the mid-20th century that are like that.

Straight up! I've had enough with all the gay undertones in everything else I read :laughga: 

🤖⚡️

2 hours ago, SKANK said:

I wanted to read Carry On, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was a sequel, or is a companion piece to something else the author wrote. Is that true? Or can I just jump in.

You can definitely just jump in, I did the same! Parts of the story of Carry On are featured in Rainbow Rowell's book Fangirl, but in my opinion it's actually better to read Carry On first.

5 hours ago, Oriane said:

Straight-up LGBT or also with hidden undertones ? Because in this case you can find a lot of books from before the mid-20th century that are like that.

lies, there was no such thing as gay ppl before bette midler sang them into existence inside a bathhouse in like the 70s i think????

:ohwell:

Shipper
9 hours ago, LaLa said:

It’s fiction but one of my favourite books ever is Song of Achilles. Here is the goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11250317-the-song-of-achilles

If you’re interested I can send you a copy, I’ve got the digital file for .epub or .mobi 

One of my favorite books!  I was going to recommend this too.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

• 1 year later...
Gagadonna

A good one is Aristote and Dante discover the secrets of the universe. A gem 

Archived