Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

LGBTQ+ Book Recommendations?

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

Robo Ga

Title. Need to download a few books, doing lots of air travel in the next few weeks. (I prefer biographies or true stories etc over fiction but open to both)

& yes I've already read Call Me By Your Name :derpga: ... and currently reading Pete Buttigeig's new book... but looking for more.

🤖⚡️

VoldeLorde2

Any book is a gay book if you look for the homosexual undertones:staymad:

Spoiler

Or just create a homosexual delusion inside your head like I do with most books and movies:vegas:

Spoiler

seriously it's ruined my school life and grades:saladga:I need to stop reading fanfics when I should do homework :messga:

Mr Oak

also:  When the Moon Was Ours, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, They Both Die at the End

It's fiction but I recently read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and loved it! It's basically gay Harry Potter which is a little weird in the beginning as you have a lot of equivalents, but it quickly becomes its own thing. It's funny and sweet and has a surprisingly good story that holds up on its own:happy:

isMusic

Guapa by Saleem Haddad

Probably the best book about the gay Arab/Muslim experience out there. Super interesting, approachable and informative! 

mamo

this is a non-fiction book but I think every LGBTQ+ should read it: 

straight jacket: how to be gay and happy by matthew todd. 

a brief overview: 

In an attempt to find the answers to this and many other difficult questions, Matthew Todd explores why statistics show a disproportionate number of gay people suffer from mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, addiction, suicidal thoughts and behaviour, and why significant numbers experience difficulty in sustaining meaningful relationships. Bracingly honest, and drawing on his own experience, he breaks the silence surrounding a number of painful issues. 

I highly recommend this!

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Seeka

At the Edge of the Universe

Been Here All Along

The first one is rather unique. The second is like all gay YA romances but it's fun. 

All  About Eve  by Ariel Gore-- Page-turner memoir about a lesbian moving back to Santa Fe to take care of her mother who is dying of cancer. 

Tim and Pete  by James Robert Baker -- The crowning achievement of one of contemporary queer lit's unsung and underappreciated geniuses. Kamikaze AIDS patients, disco, bathhouses, repressed LA cops---need I say more? This novel is so relevant to our world right now, but it's also  something that is hard to imagine being written today. Not for the faint of heart or easily offended.

Two or Three Things I Know For Sure by Dorothy Allison -- TW: SA. Southern USA, queerness. Healing from trauma. Not being beautiful and not caring.

Loud In The House of Myself  by Stacy Pershall--- Not sure if the author is queer or what, but I just finished this memoir and was totally floored. It's funny, painful, hopeful and true. Mental illness, tattoos, surviving suicide, growing up different in a small town and the lifelong struggle to heal from the pain that causes... Highly recommended.

Oriane

Straight-up LGBT or also with hidden undertones ? Because in this case you can find a lot of books from before the mid-20th century that are like that.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Shawniqua Mendes

Reflections in a Golden Eye by Carson Mccullers. It's a classic American novel (very short) in which the main male character is a closeted gay. Highly recommend it.

Wolałabym być sucha, ale przynajmniej jestem mokra. Szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj, szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj

Archived