💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jessie J. Can we like appreciate this?

Lanadelduck

Featured Posts

Akiki
10 hours ago, chiuga said:

She's like a textbook version of a good vocalist. Great skills but in terms of conviction, raw emotions and owning the song that's where she and most singing show contestants fail. It feels somehow empty, soulless and very often showoff-ish.

This. You said it better. She seems a bit like Xtina in her recent years. Just show off but no soul. 

HausOfHarlow

So many good performances from that show! She is such a phenomenal vocalist. Last year, I booked a flight to see her live as she wasn't touring in my part of the country and I have to say that it was one of the best concert experiences of my life. The intimacy of the venue, the amount of interaction and conversation she had with us, she got the whole venue doing a 2-step to a song - it was just magical. R.O.S.E. (2018) was my #1 favorite release of the year, and her 2nd album, Alive (which didn't have an initial release in the US) is my second favorite album of hers. Even her Christmas album was a stellar record that same year. 

I think she lost a little of her touch with her 3rd official album, Sweet Talker, as some of the songs were not written by her, and you could tell through the music that she was borderline selling out, trying to make another impact on the US. There are still a few cuts/non-singles from that album that are amazing and I listen to regularly. Sweet Talker, Fire, Said Too Much, Loud, Get Away are some of my favorites. 

As for her personality, I really appreciate her realness and rawness. She posts on IG frequently about her work, her tours, her process - when she's sick, when she's feeling pressure, when she's insecure - she's always letting us know. I'm sure there's a side to her that we don't know, but she just seems to real as of the last couple of years. 

I wasn't much a fan in her debut years, but I think I do know of some things that were said and done that turned people off, but that was back when she was still finding herself as a person to fame and an artist in the music industry. I think she has found herself and I find her to be one of the best vocalists in today's world. 

ShockPop

Comments about her personality really make me laugh coming from this fanbase. The brit school media training made her seem fake but come on, look at Gaga. 

NCgaga
12 hours ago, Snizzbut said:

crazy how you accidentally added a period then clicked submit before you could finish "except Whitney Houston" :whitney:

It was intentional. Whitney is in my top 3 of favorite vocalists- higher than Jessie J - But whitney never performed the song to the perfection that was recorded. I was obessed with the song, as well as the original by Dolly Parton. I have seen Whitney perform it as well as other great singers perform it. The closest live performance to the actual Whitney Recording is by Jessie J on the Singer. 

Diamonster

The whole bisexuality is a phase just made me move on from her, she’s good but :triggered:

9 hours ago, NCgaga said:

It was intentional. Whitney is in my top 3 of favorite vocalists- higher than Jessie J - But whitney never performed the song to the perfection that was recorded. I was obessed with the song, as well as the original by Dolly Parton. I have seen Whitney perform it as well as other great singers perform it. The closest live performance to the actual Whitney Recording is by Jessie J on the Singer. 

Interesting... I've never actually compared Whitneys live performances of the song to her recording of it, why do you think she couldn't sing it live? :oprah:

ChromaticPrincess
17 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Comments about her personality really make me laugh coming from this fanbase. The brit school media training made her seem fake but come on, look at Gaga. 

yeah ik this fanbase will hate me but the whole ASIB Press Tour was cringy bc of how fake Gags was

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

ShockPop
5 hours ago, PrincessVenus said:

yeah ik this fanbase will hate me but the whole ASIB Press Tour was cringy bc of how fake Gags was

Not just the ASIB tour.

"I love my fans" "I love you so much" etc it's typical American pandering. Like when people point to random audience members. It gets Americans hyped.

Her whole personality is pretend as we've seen from bits of 5 foot 2 where we saw parts where she was normal.

Archived