Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

FKA twigs Is A True Artist

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv

I loved her so much before Cellophane came out, but since the video premiered, I somehow have come to love her even more. She is an artist that should be supported not for any ulterior reasons other than that she makes beautiful art that she cares about and doesn’t try to fit any mold other than the one she made for herself. She’s just great and so unique, I have nothing but praise for her. :heart:

ShayCristoforo

She is wonderful. But I strongly remember her being VERY late for the Toronto show. I thought that was pretty rude and disappointing. It's a good thing she is a true artist like you said lol. Not just a performer.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

badgirlmeat

she literally made me cry with Cellophane, and i never cry to music:giveup:

finally she's back, i love her :giveup:

🤠

Epione

Cellophane is amazing. I wonder who does her music videos. Need to read on that. Ruth should take notes too.

badgirlmeat
5 minutes ago, Epione said:

Cellophane is amazing. I wonder who does her music videos. Need to read on that. Ruth should take notes too.

Cellophane video was directed by Andrew Thomas Huang

he also has worked with Björk and Kelela in the past

🤠

MaybeKermit

I love her so much...

I"ve been here sincr the beginning snd I'm so proud of her

LilyLark
46 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

She is wonderful. But I strongly remember her being VERY late for the Toronto show. I thought that was pretty rude and disappointing. It's a good thing she is a true artist like you said lol. Not just a performer.

She's been late more than once lol, she infamously was like 20-30 minutes late at Coachella which is a big deal since they run a tight schedule. To be fair, she was very apologetic about it.

But she is incredible, and I like that she's letting her voice shine. Sometimes her work is overproduced.

JohnnyVersace

She really is incredible. Her art is so avant-garde, and so true to herself and boundary-pushing. Celophane was really gorgeous, and you can tell it has some very deep meaning to her with the public stage, fall from grace, the rebirth, etc. It seems like she really feels and channels that into her music and visuals. 

A kween :vegas:

Absolutely. She makes art, she lives art , she is art. Can’t tell y’all how much inspiration she’s for me 

beaublue

I agree, I think she's a good artist & I'd rather her be an artist because her vocal talent doesn't seem strong enough to be an entertainer & no that's not a dig at her. Entertainers need to be technically proficient singers & dancers but artists don't necessarily need to be because the vision as a whole is so strong. Artists take into consideration the actual art from music to lyrics to visuals whereas entertainers only need to be good at putting on a show & entertaining us.

Archived