💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stop Comparing Beyonce to Gaga

getto

Featured Posts

getto

Title. I'm tired of everyone comparing the two of them. Whenever people make posts about "Beyonce can't outdo Gaga, and Gaga can't outdo Beyonce" it kinda makes y'all look foolish. There have been so many viral tweets the past few months dragging Gaga because of people saying this. In other words, if you're gonna appreciate Beyonce, it's best to keep Gaga  out of it. Beyonce and Gaga are clearly on two separate levels, and even though your intentions may be right, it comes across as a desperate attempt to make Gaga seem like "she's the white counterpart of Beyonce"...Which she's not.

So please, if you're gonna praise Gaga, leave Beyonce out of it.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

Thank you. I'm really tired of people bringing down Gaga's performing skills. Mostly while they talk about Coachella, it's absurd. 

Sure, Beyoncé is a great performer. But we don't need to hear it everytime while talking about Gaga's performing skills.

Two different artists. 

Cavadour

Stop comparing... 'nuff said ! :koons:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Edonis
7 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

what if i think they’re both wonderful

It's entirely possible to articulate that without making it a comparison or undermining each other's successes like the example OP gave. I mean, I love them both but I'm not going to write something like "only beyonce can out-do gaga and only gaga can out-do beyonce". It really doesn't read well at all.

Diamond heart99

Imagine if people just celebrated both women for what they have achieved instead of tearing one of them down.

If you don’t like one of them that’s fine. But no need to shout it from the roof tops and use it as proof your girl is better. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Mylene

Yeah cuz i saw two viral tweet today dragging Gaga because LM keep attaching Gaga next to Bey lol

River

stop telling us what to do!!!!

kids scream GIF by Duracell

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TMM90

No. They are the two biggest female pop stars in the world. You can’t compare them with anyone else but each other. 

Doesn’t mean that there should be constant bashing in threads tough.

beaublue

The Beyhive will always come down on other artists in an attempt to push Beyoncé to the top, but it was a nice gesture

LilyLark
54 minutes ago, getto said:

Title. I'm tired of everyone comparing the two of them. Whenever people make posts about "Beyonce can't outdo Gaga, and Gaga can't outdo Beyonce" it kinda makes y'all look foolish. There have been so many viral tweets the past few months dragging Gaga because of people saying this. In other words, if you're gonna appreciate Beyonce, it's best to keep Gaga  out of it. Beyonce and Gaga are clearly on two separate levels, and even though your intentions may be right, it comes across as a desperate attempt to make Gaga seem like "she's the white counterpart of Beyonce"...Which she's not.

So please, if you're gonna praise Gaga, leave Beyonce out of it.  

This, thank you. It never ends well, even if most of the tweets mean well. Celebrate all the artists, but enough with the comparisons or pitting artists against one another. And I get that some people legitimately dislike Beyonce, but the general public/critics view her as the top girl, at least in the US, and LM should at least recognize that.

And I've dragged some of the LM plenty on here before (the small but vocal racist section, the petty section, etc.), so I won't recap all that. But the Beyhive can also be pretty terrible and intense and judge all the LM based off the worst LM, so even if some puts their names in the same tweet and aren't even comparing Bey and Gaga— it just gets another viral dragging for Gaga. Which isn't fair, but stan twitter itself is a f*cking mess.

TLDR: As ridiculous as it sounds, LM should never mention the two together even if it isn't some comparison—because it sometimes turns into a viral dragging and music critics, who should be above such f*ckery, sometimes join in (I recently saw some music critics join in on a tweet dragging Ariana since someone compared her to Bey and it had nothing to do with the pay disparity issue). Why make Gaga such an easy target? I don't see any other fanbase that is dumb enough to do so.

ShayCristoforo
16 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

No. They are the two biggest female pop stars in the world. You can’t compare them with anyone else but each other. 

Doesn’t mean that there should be constant bashing in threads tough.

Yes to this. It's only natural to compare their performances because they both strive to be creative and break the mold. There have been times when Gaga had a more impactful perfomance, and times when Beyonce has. It's important to know, so they can keep stepping it up. And through that, continuing to give us mindblowing stuff.
They're not very similar in their music rn, but meh. It's still ok to compare talent levels. A little healthy competition without needing to attack.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived