opinion

Stop Comparing Beyonce to Gaga

getto

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

It was a little ludicrous to see so many viral tweets on Twitter literally tearing down Gaga as an artist, simply because a tweet from a Gaga stan was praising both. That said, some users definitely started to stir the pot, and it only made the clashing between both fandoms worse.

In the end, it just feels so fruitless, and another unfortunate byproduct of stan culture. Both Gaga and Bey have had singular, incredible moments this year- stans should let them have it without trying to rip the other to shreds. It's embarrassing from both ends (although, and this might be a controversial opinion, I'm starting to see a little more delusion from the Bey's stans than usual, which is crazy considering Monsters are fairly horrific).

3 points in and ready for more

LilyLark
Just now, Miel said:

It was a little ludicrous to see so many viral tweets on Twitter literally tearing down Gaga as an artist, simply because a tweet from a Gaga stan was praising both. That said, some users definitely started to stir the pot, and it only made the clashing between both fandoms worse.

In the end, it just feels so fruitless, and another unfortunate byproduct of stan culture. Both Gaga and Bey have had singular, incredible moments this year- stans should let them have it without trying to rip the other to shreds. It's embarrassing from both ends (although, and this might be a controversial opinion, I'm starting to see a little more delusion from the Bey's stans than usual, which is crazy considering Monsters are fairly horrific).

Stan culture is gross. And you're right, it's usually not the original tweet but the ones below it. I get that Bey often gets unfairly attacked, and some of those attacks are racist, but the Beyhive  has gone way overboard lately in tearing down even the most harmless of tweets. I saw them going to town because someone put Ariana on the same level recently (and I prefer Bey and Gaga's voices, but technically Ariana does have one more octave so I was kind of like mhmm okay when they were dragging Ari's voice). And a lot of music critics jump in, which is unprofessional AF imo.

LM aren't much better, and a small but vocal section are racist AF. In the long run LM are better off keeping Bey's name out of their mouth, because it just makes Gaga an easy target. Most fanbases are aware enough for that but LM...not so much.  Twitter is definitely the bigger problem though than GGD.

TEETHTEETH

Even making this thread is perpetuating comparison. Best thing to stop it is to simply stop feeding Into it  

Diamond heart99

We also need to grow up and accept the idea that nothing is “bad” it just might not be for you. I will go on record, I don’t get BeyoncĂ©. It’s like one day she was Crazy In Love and then I woke up the next and she was queen of everything.

But just because I don’t get it, doesn’t mean she isn’t talented or hasn’t earned everything she has achieved.

This can go for anything in pop culture.

Just love what you love and stop the crap. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

BgRaEgTaT

It’s hard not to compare because they are similarly talented/successful yet everyone kisses bey’s ass like she’s a god while everyone is constantly trying to minimize and discredit Gaga. 

55 minutes ago, nakedidea said:

So just out of curiosity...

Which Level is Gaga and which level is beyonce?

Beyonce, being almost 40 and almost 20 years in the game, is on a higher level. It's a product of time. No need to feel insulted by it. LG will get to that level too but Beyocne will more or less always be above due to time.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Rule #1 on this site:

Never talk bad about Beyonce.

Honestly, most of the people on GGD are fine except for a handful that get racist. It's twitter, and I would say most LM don't even criticize her on twitter but the comparisons, even if they are harmless...well it brings out the worst of the Beyhive and LM in the replies.

4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Honestly, most of the people on GGD are fine except for a handful that get racist. It's twitter, and I would say most LM don't even criticize her on twitter but the comparisons, even if they are harmless...well it brings out the worst of the Beyhive and LM in the replies.

I do agree there are some that are racist... I mean make racist comments. I don't think they are racists per se but they get caught up in stan wars. I wish taht would stop.

But I do think Beyonce is a sensitive topic on this board. WE can joke about Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and even drag Gaga, but not Beyonce. There is certain amount of defensiveness that comes out.

Miel
26 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Stan culture is gross. And you're right, it's usually not the original tweet but the ones below it. I get that Bey often gets unfairly attacked, and some of those attacks are racist, but the Beyhive  has gone way overboard lately in tearing down even the most harmless of tweets. I saw them going to town because someone put Ariana on the same level recently (and I prefer Bey and Gaga's voices, but technically Ariana does have one more octave so I was kind of like mhmm okay when they were dragging Ari's voice). And a lot of music critics jump in, which is unprofessional AF imo.

LM aren't much better, and a small but vocal section are racist AF. In the long run LM are better off keeping Bey's name out of their mouth, because it just makes Gaga an easy target. Most fanbases are aware enough for that but LM...not so much.  Twitter is definitely the bigger problem though than GGD.

Definitely, I agree with all of this.

The Beyhive has been fairly inflammatory as of recently (not sure why), but so many LM respond not in kind but with horrific, racist fire, and it's all just too much tbh. I understand if it's a constructive critique; or, on the flipside, just completely ironic stan twitter humor. But generally, it's neither, and it's just gross.

Miel
8 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I do agree there are some that are racist... I mean make racist comments. I don't think they are racists per se but they get caught up in stan wars. I wish taht would stop.

But I do think Beyonce is a sensitive topic on this board. WE can joke about Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and even drag Gaga, but not Beyonce. There is certain amount of defensiveness that comes out.

I think this is also a general consensus even amongst the public, with Bey.

I love her, and I definitely think she is one of the most, if not the most, talented performers of this generation. But the weird idolization, deification, and gatekeeping of her general being is kind of creepy and exhausting.

I honestly thought Homecoming would relay to people the concept that, surprise, she is a human being that makes mistakes and goes through hardships and works her ass off to craft and perfect her performanceship. 

1 minute ago, Miel said:

I think this is also a general consensus even amongst the public, with Bey.

I love her, and I definitely think she is one of the most, if not the most, talented performers of this generation. But the weird idolization, deification, and gatekeeping of her general being is kind of creepy and exhausting.

I honestly thought Homecoming would relay to people the concept that, surprise, she is a human being that makes mistakes and goes through hardships and works her ass off to craft and perfect her performanceship. 

Agreed. That is exactly what I was thinking.

Amd I'm not saying that as a biased LG fan. In fact, I can admit Bey is a better perfomer overall and a better singer overall. (But it LG is capable of giving a better perfromnace sometimes. Eg. Superbowl) 

LGMonster95

And you think by making this thread on gagadaily you'll make them stop? Lol they'll NEVER stop, they've been doing this for YEARS, I have a pretty big account on twitter and for years I tried to make Gaga fans stop being such assholes and attention seekers and literally nobody is listening, most of these stans acts like kids "my fav is better than yours bc bla bla bla etc" stop caring about stan twitter because they are TOXIC and overall nobody cares about them other than stans. And it's not just Gaga stans, Bey fans are even more tragic. I'm glad that Gaga doesn't talk on twitter anymore bc she'll probably f*ck up her brain cells 

Archived