💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Sandcastles" is Beyonce's Best Ballad

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Just listening to Lemonade in full for the first time... and man, Sandcastles is one of the most beautiful ballads I have ever heard. 

What an honest and heart-wrenching track. Sometimes relationships collapse, and you can choose to walk away or you can choose to keep fighting. I love how this song subverts the popularised narrative of the 'powerful independent woman' leaving her cheating husband story. It's probably what every person would want to do in response to such betrayal, but the truth is that sometimes love is worth fighting for - even if it breaks you. Nothing is simple in love or life.

I guess some people might view this song as kind of degrading, but to hear Beyonce - one of the strongest representations of women in the media - admit that she forgave her husband, I think, is incredibly powerful. It shows how true love, however fatal, really does transcend any moral standard. It's kind of beautifully naive in a  way. 

What could be more powerful than to give someone the opportunity of forgiveness? Especially when you've built a life with that person. 

Spoiler

Maybe this doesn't really warrant a thread... idk. But I just felt like sharing my views on this. It's kind of close to me actually, and has helped me to understand perhaps why sometimes people don't leave those who hurt them most. It's just not that simple. 

subtext / fantasy

The Louvre

I listened to Sandcastles a week long on repeat when I was going through a rough patch this autumn. A beautifully touching emotional song. One of her very best. :heart:

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

FfFfFfFF

Not far from it in the same tracklist there is All Night. :sis: I agree with Sandcastles message but sonically I prefer All Night.

Miel

It's a gorgeous song, especially considering its placement in the album/film. It's heartbreaking and very bittersweet.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
13 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Not far from it in the same tracklist there is All Night. :sis: I agree with Sandcastles message but sonically I prefer All Night.

I fervently stand by my opinion that All Night is absolutely her best song.

3 points in and ready for more

Thomas P

Yes it is. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

freakumdress

i agree but i'll never forgive her for the lyrics "dishes smashed on the counter, from our last encounter" 

myluis617

Um, what? Are people tripping I think this is her worst song. It sounds like she wrote it lyrically it's not good... Let me hear it again to see what is sooo great. 

giphy.gif

Archived