movie

Avengers: Endgame

Easy

Featured Posts

On 4/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, filsns said:

Saw the movie last night, I'll give it 8.5/10... Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler

Spoiler
1. Spider-Man's friends were probably dusted too, so anyone in his class who were dusted would be returning to school at the same age just like him.
2. That's the kid from Iron Man 3 who helped Tony.

[/spoiler]
  Hide contents

A few things left unexplained also makes my OCD go crazy... What happened to past Gamora? Was she dusted with everybody else who came with Thanos from the past? Or did I miss something? 

How is Spider-Man back in school with all of his friends in his last scene and upcoming FFH movie??? Shouldn't they all be 5 years older?  

21 hours ago, HausOfMark said:

LOVED LOVED LOVED

I only have one question

Hide contents

Who was the kid standing by himself at the end during the funeral right before they showed Marvel and Fury. The whole theater went crazy but IDK who he was. help.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
On 4/25/2019 at 1:17 AM, ryansamonster said:

Ok this is the ONLY spoiler I want answered: True or false, all the footage we’ve seen is from the first act only? Or 20 minutes, whatever the directors said? I think they lyin’ but I could be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would say first hour...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Serial Chiller
On 4/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, Unites said:

Great movie! 7.5/10 for me. My thoughts on those 'big moments':

Hide contents

- Steven should have died during the battle. Killing of Tony was a little bit too cruel for me, given the fact that we were just introduced to his daughter.

- Although not many people were happy with the romance of Romanoff and Banner, I think they should've switched the roles of Banner and Clint, since Banner clearly still had feelings for her in Ragnarok.

- I'm not happy with Widow's death. There aren't many female characters (Captain Marvel's appearance was nothing more than a glorified cameo)  and I can't believe that SJ wants to leave the franchise, given the fact that she has her own movie coming out.

I disagree with you on BW’s part. It shows that a heroine can carry the weight and be the spotlight instead of just standing by the line. 

But yeah, CM got me upset. :selena: The potentials. 

Serial Chiller
On 4/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, ZacharyMark said:

Folks really need to let go of their Captain Marvel hate and incessant need to create rumors that the cast hates her. The sexism against her is just insane..

What? I think most people were just pissed at the fact that she was barely in it. Like, justly so, since she was on the poster and RR had more screentime than her probably.

But then again, she was so OP she wouldn’t do much good for the plot. 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Logan said:

I feel old and sad after watching this. This is one of those moments that only happens in a generation. One day we will be old old and kids will think the movie is ridiculous. 

I doubt that. It will be like the first trilogy of Star Wars, our parents generation have that to their name. And we still adored it.  And we have these first 11 years of MCU movies to ours. And the next gen will hear how awesome it was.

21 hours ago, HausOfMark said:

LOVED LOVED LOVED

I only have one question

Hide contents

Who was the kid standing by himself at the end during the funeral right before they showed Marvel and Fury. The whole theater went crazy but IDK who he was. help.

Spoiler

It's that kid from Iron Man 3, remember?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HausOfMark
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I doubt that. It will be like the first trilogy of Star Wars, our parents generation have that to their name. And we still adored it.  And we have these first 11 years of MCU movies to ours. And the next gen will hear how awesome it was.

Hide contents

It's that kid from Iron Man 3, remember?

YES, thats right!!

-Mark

Logan
Spoiler

Wanda was one of the most powerful. One of the few that was able to solo Thanos. Wish she got more screen time.

Ziggy

I thought it was a really nice film; I particularly loved the ways that they managed to call back to the previous movies in very real ways, but without it feeling shoe-horned.

Spoiler

So who is really gone/changed ?

-Tony

-C. America (1st gen) in a way

-Black Widow (time of grieving was like one second)

-Vision (the stone is back to the other timeline)

-Thor (but might be in Guardians 3)

-Gamora (though this is the alternate version of herself the one that didn't meet Quill in the past) and she is... somewhere

-Strange is no longer master of time only in the alternate reality.

They could have kept the stones. Just sayin, Thanos is dead in their reality and the alternate.

RAMROD
29 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I'm seeing it in 2 hours omgggg I'm so exciteeeeddddd

Bring tissue or handkerchief, fam! 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Meruk Holland

I saw just yesterday and I liked it. Wasn't my favorite of the past 11 years, 8/10

Spoiler

It was great but I had a couple problems at the end. Like as many mentioned thus far, what happened to alternate reality Gamora? I don't like how they changed it from Bucky being the next Captain America.  

But my biggest complaint is Captain America going back in time and staying there to live his life with Peggy. The idea is fine, but, as they said throughout the movie, TIME TRAVEL DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Remember when they said they couldn't just go into the past and kill Thanos as a baby? Well the same f*cking thing applies to living out your life in that reality. The fact of the matter is that the movie relies on a multiverse theory, further supported by The Ancient One, so Steve going back into the past wasn't the same past for him to show up sitting and waiting to give the shield to Sam. 

Allow my inner Farnsworth to come out and say: You can't go mucking about in the past without creating paradoxes! He was alive and well with Peggy and we're supposed to believe that he didn't try to rescue Bucky from Hydra? Or that he would leave Peggy's side while she was in a retirement home with Alzheimer's? And what about the national tragedies he is now aware of, such as 9/11. Is he going to just let those happen? Bushwah! And don't say it's because he didn't want to alter any events that occur throughout the MCU, because he already did that when he stayed back in time. Furthermore, 2014 Thanos dies when he is brought to 2023, and it doesn't alter their timeline either. 

Steve going back in time and then showing up as an old man to give Sam the shield is impossible unless he hops back to this timeline. I know a paradox when I see one!

DeleteMyAccount
29 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

I saw just yesterday and I liked it. Wasn't my favorite of the past 11 years, 8/10

Hide contents

It was great but I had a couple problems at the end. Like as many mentioned thus far, what happened to alternate reality Gamora? I don't like how they changed it from Bucky being the next Captain America.  

But my biggest complaint is Captain America going back in time and staying there to live his life with Peggy. The idea is fine, but, as they said throughout the movie, TIME TRAVEL DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Remember when they said they couldn't just go into the past and kill Thanos as a baby? Well the same f*cking thing applies to living out your life in that reality. The fact of the matter is that the movie relies on a multiverse theory, further supported by The Ancient One, so Steve going back into the past wasn't the same past for him to show up sitting and waiting to give the shield to Sam. 

Allow my inner Farnsworth to come out and say: You can't go mucking about in the past without creating paradoxes! He was alive and well with Peggy and we're supposed to believe that he didn't try to rescue Bucky from Hydra? Or that he would leave Peggy's side while she was in a retirement home with Alzheimer's? And what about the national tragedies he is now aware of, such as 9/11. Is he going to just let those happen? Bushwah! And don't say it's because he didn't want to alter any events that occur throughout the MCU, because he already did that when he stayed back in time. Furthermore, 2014 Thanos dies when he is brought to 2023, and it doesn't alter their timeline either. 

Steve going back in time and then showing up as an old man to give Sam the shield is impossible unless he hops back to this timeline. I know a paradox when I see one!

Spoiler

Well both Sam and Bucky become Cap in the comics. So either work tbh. I think we'll see more of that explored in their new series coming up.

But I do agree with what was said about Steve going back in time to live with Peggy. What about frozen Steve? Or maybe he lived a secluded life with only Peggy knowing? And that's how he didn't disturb that timeline? Because otherwise everything would've been impacted with old Steve showing up.

I also want to know how he got the Soul Stone back and his interaction with Red Skull...

Spoiler

I thought it was fine. MUCH better than Infinity War (an ugly-looking, poorly-edited, narrative mess that guises its  emotional manipulation as resonance IMO) but it's still not the greatest. Some people are complaining about how slow it is at the beginning but I really appreciated that? The slow-burning nature made the final battle that more suspenseful and cathartic. I ****ing love that they threw that wrench at the beginning by killing Thanos immediately and skipping 5 years in the future. Natasha and Tony's deaths also felt so much more genuine and emotionally involved than anything in the last 30 minutes  of Infinity War.

Overall a 7.5/10 for me. A good ending to a nice franchise.

Also if you hate Brie Larson / Captain Marvel you're ugly that's that on that.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Joe Russo after throwing in that 2 second queer representation

giphy.gif

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived