Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

FKA twigs - Cellophane

Vitleysingur

Featured Posts

tomsches

She just posted some tour dates. Is the Album called Magdalene? 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quartz

This video just popped up in my recommendations:

I don't know her but I think she has something special.

From the first second to the last, I was captivated. This is insanely good. Don't skip this cause it's a video damn it. Watch it. It's so...deeply beautiful.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

McYves

I just discovered FKA Twigs yesterday, and I'm not loving her yet :/ . Very beautiful video tho.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

KaanBTW

she is really something.

the song and the video, both are incredible. they made me feel something. 

StrawberryBlond

This brings back so many memories of when I used to do poledancing for exercise. I'd always wanted to do an emotional route to a meaningful song, as it can work surprisingly well. Is that her real legs because they look unnaturally long in parts and did she use a body double for the really intricate parts of dancing?

But as beautiful as this video is, I'm still left scratching my head as to what the significance of all the weird moments are. I would've preferred it if she'd maybe just kept to the dancing. No one seems to confirm what any of it all means. If I just knew, it would perhaps increase my enjoyment of it.

FfFfFfFF
14 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This brings back so many memories of when I used to do poledancing for exercise. I'd always wanted to do an emotional route to a meaningful song, as it can work surprisingly well. Is that her real legs because they look unnaturally long in parts and did she use a body double for the really intricate parts of dancing?

But as beautiful as this video is, I'm still left scratching my head as to what the significance of all the weird moments are. I would've preferred it if she'd maybe just kept to the dancing. No one seems to confirm what any of it all means. If I just knew, it would perhaps increase my enjoyment of it.

Pole dancing is linked to striptease (see her heels). Even by itself it's a way of showing vulnerability. She is there almost naked, in front of an audience. She experiences the high of meeting that unusual creature (then her face appears which represents maybe auto-betreyal or a self induced illusion) then falls. She was hurt in her most vulnerable state and this is devasting. She falls on the ground and becomes ground, she is not celestial anymore. Practically it could be a metaphor of her self esteem dropping after reading those hateful comments and this goes in line with the lyrics. (They waiting and hope I'm not enough - Twilight fans attacking her on Twitter joking get and Robert will break up).

Archived