💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga vocally declining?

fathermonster

Featured Posts

gypsy101
27 minutes ago, He8MyHeart said:

I don't think it's declining, it's just the negative effects of smoking on her vocal range. She definitely struggles on some notes during Enigma. She also lacks the stamina for intense choreo these days which is prob also related to smoking and being breathless. It's sad.

wait she smokes cigarettes? i thought it was only weed she smokes :(

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

I was at the first Vegas Jazz + Piano show on Jan 20, and I could definitely hear that her voice was not  at the same level as it was when I saw her for the original Cheek to Cheek shows with Tony (particularly the show I saw in Feb 2015 after the Grammys at The Wiltern in LA, where it was out-of-this-world crystal clear and flawless). I would be lying if I said I didn't leave the 2019 show thinking "her voice wasn't QUITE as perfect" ... but we are talking about splitting hairs. If she was at 100% in 2015, she is at 98% now, it is an ever-so-slight difference. 

Most important to note here, none of us can judge the state of her voice based on performances Dec-Feb of the last few months, for several reasons. Primarily, it was award season and she had been talking NON-STOP the entire time doing promo and red carpets for ASIB. Plus physically all that running around takes a toll.

When you add launching not one, but TWO Vegas residencies in that same window of time (Vegas, which btw, is in the desert and has a crazy affect on a person's voice), it's no wonder her voice was not quite at 100% at that point in time, especially by the time of the Oscars. 

I like when people ignore the obvious. Yes her voice has a small decline and it's totally normal. She is not in her 20's anymore.... Let's hope it will be a slow decline and not a fast one. This thread reminded me of late 90's  threads about Mariah's voice. Back then Mariah's fans were as much as oblivious and ignorant as Gaga's now.

Aphrodizy26

2019 Oscars she was crying. 

Her voice is changing w age but she’s also learning and capable of more musically. Her hits at enigma right now are a good example of it. We literally watched her climb that poker face chorus since JWT and she got better. I do believe when her pain is acting up we can in fact hear it. Which is why I feel like if she did in fact cancel JWT DVD her trainer ear didn’t like to hear the pain, if that makes sense

AJRocketMan

Yeah, I would say she is. She used to have clear and clean D5s, but now she strains. Prior to 2018, they were nothing for her. Around 2016-ish even her Eb5s were super awesome. But now she sounds tense and dry. 

This next part is very subjective, but I think her tone/timbre has declined a lot as well. Her tone during Enigma and Jazz & Piano sounds really unpleasant. I loved her timbre during Born This Way and ARTPOP, as her technique improved dramatically from the days of 2008-10, but beginning with Cheek to Cheek she developed a husk that makes her sound throaty and strained. Listen to “Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)”.

I don’t know how to time stamp. Just fast forward to 2:49. She sounds so uncomfortable here. Compare that to the verses of “Venus”, where she’s singing in the exact same range, but sounds more comfortable and far more effortless. Ditto with the bridge of “G.U.Y.” as well.

Another big qualm I have with her singing now is that she yarls! Listen to any grunge or post-grunge song. Eddie Vedder does this. And since 2017 Gaga has been doing it too! Her singing during A Star Is Born is so different from Joanne, and they were only about 6 months to a year apart in recording. It’s so unflattering and it sounds so unfitting for her electronic dance catalogue. Hell, her music in general. Yarling doesn’t suit anyone’s voice. At all. 

McYves

She's literally a better vocalist every year. 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Linus Gaga

I am sure her voice did change, but plus voice acting. On JWT and Coachella, she act like the fame era voice to sing the first sentence of LOVE GAME, you can check it out. She act different voice in different era, it just a part of her outfit and appearance. 

Hit me a message and say hi !

Oriane

One issue I've had with her voice for one or two years is that she sounds very nasal on the high notes.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived