💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who’s more involved their artistry, Gaga or Bey?

Kimmo

Who’s more involved?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. who gives more?

• Bey
    • Gaga
    • About the same...

Featured Posts

Schizophonic
27 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

The one who doesn't need writing camps to write songs about feminism (and black issues) by white men.

gaga did a writing camp this time, hana truly posted about this a while ago....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse
31 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

i don't believe in that. actually, i despise that kind of speech. being an artist nowadays is having a vision, being a great performer, working hard. not just writing songs. if you can pour your heart to a writer's room and they can write better songs than you, then let's spare the world of another sinner's prayer, right?

being involved goes from choosing your team to choosing what you wear, when, how, your dance moves, the lighting, the ideas, the mood behind a performance, the creative work behind a video... there's SO MUCH more than writing your songs.

and it's not like Joanne and AISB are lyrical masterpieces.

Just my opinion but songwriting is more than just lyrics, it's about melody and emotion and storytelling too. It's an artistic, technical, engineering type of thing. Gaga is wonderful at all of these things and I believe that in a field where these are musical artists, this is not something that should be discredited so easily. Gaga's always had a vision, I think. Every album clearly has themes and reoccurring ideas and you can get a sense of where Gaga was at with each album just by listening. She's always known what she wanted to do, even up to Joanne. She's got a vision... But maybe it's a more organic vision than Beyonce's thought out visions, which is why Gaga's falls flat sometimes. 

Smother Em Eh

Gaga! She actually comes up with the concepts/ themes of her albums, writes the songs, plays instruments, co produces and has total creative control.

Beyonce wishes :classy:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Dilwyn

I think they are both very passionate, but beyoncé benefits a lot from choosing a bunch of capable people to do things for her, which gaga often refuses to

That makes gaga more appealing and more human, and sometimes messy. She is not a perfectly crafted product like bey is, which is also fine and works for her.

Florian

In my opinion, Beyoncé is more of a "conductor" than an artist. She is a hardworker, she knows how to lead, surround herself with good teams and delegate in order to obtain a "perfect" product.

On the other hand, Gaga feels more like an artist. She goes with her guts and is not affraid to show flaws and it just comes off as more authentic and passionate.

Both are amazing entertainers tho :) 

Stephen
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

gaga did a writing camp this time, hana truly posted about this a while ago....

who's hana? Whats the tea ?

Schizophonic
1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

who's hana? Whats the tea ?

bloodpops girlfriend. she posted pictures of her playing with gagas dogs and from the zappa house gaga bought and said that there is a writing camp going on.... but its really a while ago.

Gaga can actually write a song, with minimal input from her few trusted collaborators. 

Bey, to me, is the polished product of other peoples' creativity, countless people. 

Inferno
2 hours ago, Saint Jude said:

i don't believe in that. actually, i despise that kind of speech. being an artist nowadays is having a vision, being a great performer, working hard. not just writing songs. if you can pour your heart to a writer's room and they can write better songs than you, then let's spare the world of another sinner's prayer, right?

being involved goes from choosing your team to choosing what you wear, when, how, your dance moves, the lighting, the ideas, the mood behind a performance, the creative work behind a video... there's SO MUCH more than writing your songs.

and it's not like Joanne and AISB are lyrical masterpieces.

You're always so annoying. Gaga is blatantly involved with her work. Just because you don't like it personally or its not up to whatever taste level you think you have (which is the stereotypical Robyn/Lorde/Florence type of stan mentality) has nothing to do with her actual creative integrity. Thats straight up slander. You spend so much time here flaunting your own musical preferences and making a point to convince anyone you talk to of why Gaga is lesser than whatever barely under the radar "alternative" artist you've discovered since you've became a fan of her. Pull the reigns on your own pretension please.

Not to mention all your talk of lyrical interference being important is everything that ASIB was. She collaborated with so many talented writers and creators to make ASIB as amazing as it is. And you can't even acknowledge that without being overly defensive and snarky I mean damn. If you truly believe what you say then acknowledge that she did exactly what you said she should with ASIB. Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again, etc are all beautifully and collaboratively written pop songs.

Inferno

I truly believe they're both equally involved with their work. Having a lot of people on your team doesn't negate the fact that you command the ship.

sillynate

Some of you are really acting like all of Beyoncé’s songs were given to her and that’s false. :saladga: A melody and a hook will be given to her and she’ll meet with different writers to add what she feels is right. She’s there the whole time.

so therefore my answer is both because IMO, there is no one (that I know of) who’s as involved in the entire process as much as Gaga, Beyonce, and Madonna are.

Definitely Gaga. The Bey needs more than a trip to Red Lobster to make her next hit :poot:

RAMROD

Both of them.

Also, Bey spoils her fans much more usually :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived