Will Con Calma Be A Hit?

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

I was also thinking that only Spain was developed but I wasn't certain if it was the only one so I didn't say anything

It's like Portuguese speaking Countries. Only Portugal itself is considered developed I believe. Even Brazil isnt

Exactly. Spain and Portugal are basically the empires that left their colonies a mess :sweat: 

LUO YI
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

Exactly. Spain and Portugal are basically the empires that left their colonies a mess :sweat: 

I wonder how my country would be today if independence didn't happen :air:

The night sky tells all

Radio Ga Ga
15 minutes ago, Economy said:

I was also thinking that only Spain was developed but I wasn't certain if it was the only one so I didn't say anything

It's like Portuguese speaking Countries. Only Portugal itself is considered developed I believe. Even Brazil isnt

I thought chile and argentina were pretty developed aren't they?

Economy
6 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I wonder how Australia would of turned out if the British didn't take it

AlexanderMagno
Just now, SimonSays said:

I wonder how my country would be today if independence didn't happen :air:

I'm not sure where you're from, but it really depends on the "mother-country" (I don't know the correct term). And your location. But most likely you'd be highly explored. You'd probably have a better government (again, not sure where you're from), but you'd still be explored by your superior country. So, hard to pick.

I'd say only the Commonwealth countries were lucky enough to succeed, and even there I'm just talking about non-African ones.

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I thought chile and argentina were pretty developed aren't they?

they might be, but according to the World Economic Outlook Database, by IMF, they're still developing.

AlexanderMagno
Just now, Economy said:

I wonder how Australia would of turned out if the British didn't take it

Probably would be just like Brazil. Some Commonwealth countries were very lucky I think. Probably because, despite not being considered colonies, they are still a constitutional monarchy, connected to the UK. I guess their politics worked out. Except African countries (they really were never considered more than useful resources).

Economy
3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Probably would be just like Brazil. Some Commonwealth countries were very lucky I think. Probably because, despite not being considered colonies, they are still a constitutional monarchy, connected to the UK. I guess their politics worked out. Except African countries (they really were never considered more than useful resources).

I mean we were colonies at first. Canada was only first formed in 1867 as independent (and it wasn't all of it, the rest of Canada joined later)

The US fought for independence as well earlier on than that

Australia I don't know their history other than that the British didn't originally find it, they took it from the Spanish or Portuguese (I forget which)

AlexanderMagno
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I mean we were colonies at first. Canada was only first formed in 1867 as independent (and it wasn't all of it, the rest of Canada joined later)

The US fought for independence as well earlier on than that

Australia I don't know their history other than that the British didn't originally find it, they took it from the Spanish or Portuguese (I forget which)

Probably Spain, I'm certain it wasn't Portugal at least (the UK took a few African territories from Portugal though).

Antichrist

katy & her mind, bringing awareness to wealthiness / nonwealthiness of developing countries

giphy.gif

Economy
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

Probably Spain, I'm certain it wasn't Portugal at least (the UK took a few African territories from Portugal though).

Portuguese colonies were a mess tho. Angola and Mozambique for example were disaster 

Brazil was a success tho. They just imploded under corruption and not keeping up with development in the second half of the 20th century

At first Brazil was actually a prosperous land

LUO YI
38 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm not sure where you're from, but it really depends on the "mother-country" (I don't know the correct term). And your location. But most likely you'd be highly explored. You'd probably have a better government (again, not sure where you're from), but you'd still be explored by your superior country. So, hard to pick.

I'd say only the Commonwealth countries were lucky enough to succeed, and even there I'm just talking about non-African ones.

they might be, but according to the World Economic Outlook Database, by IMF, they're still developing.

Yeah I forgot to mention it :emma: I'm mexican so it was Spain. 

The night sky tells all

gabeoz
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Portuguese colonies were a mess tho. Angola and Mozambique for example were disaster 

Brazil was a success tho. They just imploded under corruption and not keeping up with development in the second half of the 20th century

At first Brazil was actually a prosperous land

Yeah, Brazil was fine for a while but all of their leaders for decades have all been corrupt, constantly swinging back from one extreme to the other. 

Archived