💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's talk MDNA

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

over the years, i've seen a lot of negative thoughts directed to this album and i wanna ask why?

yes, it is not a masterpiece like erotica, ray of light, american life, confessions on a dance floor and bedtime stories were/are but still it's a fun and upbeat dance/edm record. great melodies, average lyrics, the music videos are some of her best in my opinion, turn up the radio excluded. :selena: she gave us bops for days: girl gone wild, gang bang, i'm addicted, i don't give a, love spent, masterpiece, falling free, beautiful killer, best friend...

also, let's not at the tour, her best one to date. the choreography, the costumes, the big ass stage, the lightning, the props, the storyline... every single thing was perfectly executed and she did all that at 54, whew. :diane:

this is an appreciation thread for the album and just for the record, i'm not trying to say that mdna is one of her best, just it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. :poot:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TMM90
10 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

also, let's not at the tour, her best one to date. the choreography, the costumes, the big ass stage, the lightning, the props, the storyline... every single thing was perfectly executed and she did all that at 54, whew. :diane:

Imo The Sticky and Sweet tour was waaaay better. Way less autotune. Concept better executed.

But the MDNA tour had te better opening

FfFfFfFF

Imo the production was off and the direction of the album felt inauthentic and pandering to the youth, it lacked depth and message. It even has a LMFAO remix thrown in the tracklisting. :selena: Not to say she collaborated with W. Orbit for some of the songs, this hyped the fans and the expectations were definitely not met in the end.

The songs were ok melodically but I don't think any of them could be considered pop perfection. The best songs were the ones that didn't really fit the album - Masterpiece and Falling Free.

Phoebe Buffay
13 minutes ago, Rio said:

Rebel Heart was better, but tbh, Gang Bang is probably one of my Top 5 Madonna songs

rebel heart is in my top 5 so yes we love facts. :flower:

5 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Imo The Sticky and Sweet tour was waaaay better. Way less autotune. Concept better executed.

But the MDNA tour had te better opening

girl sticky & sweet felt so rushed and unfinished. :air: those tacky costumes, her vocals, the sound and lights were not the tea. :air: but let's agree to disagree. :flower:

5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Not to say she collaborated with W. Orbit for some of the songs, this hyped the fans and the expectations were definitely not met in the end.

The songs were ok melodically but I don't think any of them could be considered pop perfection. The best songs were the ones that didn't really fit the album - Masterpiece and Falling Free.

oh i didn't know that. i was a casual fan in 2012 so i didn't know what to expect and when the album came out i played the **** out of it during the summer. :air: the first 3 songs were the bops for me. :selena:

i consider girl gone wild, love spent and beautiful killer as pop perfection :flower:

Little Monstera

Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang & I Don't Give A are iconic :staymad:

The cover tho, truly a reverse Warholian Masterpiece.mp3  :trollga:

ac605b4bfdfcba0c38ab7d05224abb0b588448fc

The tour was great but the album is probably her worst to date. Still had nice moments like Girl Gone Wild, Love Spent, Masterpiece and Falling Free tho.

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, Bio said:

but the album is probably her worst to date.

girl not when like a virgin, true blue and hard candy exist. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

girl not when like a virgin, true blue and hard candy exist. :ph34r:

True Blue is a great album tho? Wyd? La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, Live To Tell are all iconic songs in her discography. Where's The Party, White Heat and True Blue are also cute bops.

IAmNotHere1997

It's a good pop album, but there's just something off with it.
It feels somehow bland, and just a sell-out album. All of her other body of works had a concept, this one is just ... here. I love it nevertheless.

Also, let's not forget the slayage of the photoshoot.

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, Bio said:

True Blue is a great album tho? Wyd? La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, Live To Tell are all iconic songs in her discography. Where's The Party and True Blue are also cute bops.

it is but the non singles are pure fillers. i mean idk a worse song than jimmy jimmy. white heat, where's the party and love makes the world go round are the definition of cheesiness. like a virgin is too filler heavy as well and hard candy... i'm gonna pass on that one.

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Also, let's not forget the slayage of the photoshoot.

omg i forgot. :diane: her best album photoshoot and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise. :flower:

1 minute ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

it is but the non singles are pure fillers. i mean idk a worse song than jimmy jimmy. white heat, where's the party and love makes the world go round are the definition of cheesiness. like a virgin is too filler heavy as well and hard candy... i'm gonna pass on that one.

Well, we're talking about the 80s here, Being cheesy was the main aesthetic lol. While MDNA has songs like Turn Up The Radio, Give Me All Your Luvin', Superstar, Some Girls, I Don't Give A, Gang Bang, B-Day Song which are all pure noise and the REAL definition of cheesiness.

HorusRa2

Ugh. Some tracks were so good but the others were so bad. I tend to listen to an entire album as opposed to just random songs so it’s hard for me to go to this one. 

Im still waiting for her to deliver. It’s been a long time since Hard Candy. ☠️

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, HorusRa2 said:

Im still waiting for her to deliver. It’s been a long time since Hard Candy. ☠️

rebel heart literally exists. :diane:

Archived