đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's talk MDNA

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

It’s just so generic and seems kinda dull tbh. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
2 hours ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

i'm a true madonna fan and i absolutely adore the album. :gayhat: it was her best album since confessions until madame x :hor:

I'll keep you in my prayers :pray: 

Phoebe Buffay
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I'll keep you in my prayers :pray: 

you don't have to. rebel heart made me see the light :pray:

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

you don't have to. rebel heart made me see the light :pray:

Seriously tho, I'm glad you enjoy it. I mean, I don't hate it per se.... I do enjoy some of its songs individually, bus as a whole, it's bloated and forgettable. And I'm sorry but the song S.E.X. is totally unredeemable  and a disgrace in her discography, no matter what anyone says......

So even though I still find it mildly enjoyable, it's when I listen to Confessions or American Life right after Rebel Heart that I realize how weak this record is. I'm anxiously waiting to hear more from Madame X - kinda worried it will be too latin-oriented, but the return of Mirwais as producer is a thing to look forward to. And I'm glad she's back to doing her own thing.

Phoebe Buffay
20 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Seriously tho, I'm glad you enjoy it. I mean, I don't hate it per se.... I do enjoy some of its songs individually, bus as a whole, it's bloated and forgettable. And I'm sorry but the song S.E.X. is totally unredeemable  and a disgrace in her discography, no matter what anyone says......

So even though I still find it mildly enjoyable, it's when I listen to Confessions or American Life right after Rebel Heart that I realize how weak this record is. I'm anxiously waiting to hear more from Madame X - kinda worried it will be too latin-oriented, but the return of Mirwais as producer is a thing to look forward to. And I'm glad she's back to doing her own thing.

oh you're totally right about s.e.x. that and holy water are pure trash and a disgrace in her discography indeed.

i have really high hopes for madame x after hearing medellin (yes, i'm one of the few that liked it :ph34r:).

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

oh you're totally right about s.e.x. that and holy water are pure trash and a disgrace in her discography indeed.

i have really high hopes for madame x after hearing medellin (yes, i'm one of the few that liked it :ph34r:).

At first it felt like a letdown, but I have to admit it grew on me. I just hope it isn't necessarily indicative of the sound of the entire album.

HorusRa2
1 hour ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

OMG YAS this album gets hate too but it's honestly so fun! I listen to it all the time even now

It’s a really interesting album. It’s not her best but it’s a good time with some interesting sounds and themes. I never understood why people didn’t like it. (I Stan American Life so maybe it’s just me 🤷🏻‍♂️)

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

And I'm sorry but the song S.E.X. is totally unredeemable  and a disgrace in her discography, no matter what anyone says......

1 hour ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

Damn here my slut*y disgraceful as* bopping to these hoe anthems inspired time GIF

elijahfan
13 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Damn here my slut*y disgraceful as* bopping to these hoe anthems inspired time GIF

Well bopping to terrible songs isn't so uncommon, I sure am guilty as charged :laughga:

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well bopping to terrible songs isn't so uncommon, I sure am guilty as charged :laughga:

Just look at 7 Rings :reductive:

Economy

I thought it was fine

My fav track was "addicted". The singles gimme all your love, girl gone wild and turn up the radio were good too :shrug:

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Just look at 7 Rings :reductive:

Well... yeah :laughga: Sometimes it's a case of "so bad it's good". But for Madonna's S.E.X., it really is just "so bad it's bad" :triggered:

shoful

Because its a horrible album. This is her worst album PERIOD! Hard Candy and Rebel Heart are far better than this trash. There are only like 3-5 redeemable songs here

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

HotLikeMexico

Because it just wasn’t that good. I am a huge Madonna fan. But as the years go by, some of her new music (not all) just doesn’t fit. And I think it all boils down her feeling pressured to still be on top or her own insecurities  

That being said, I did enjoy quite a few songs from MDNA and that amazing tour! Gang Bang was everything and it deserved that Quentin Tarantino directed music video she really wanted to happen. 

Phoebe Buffay
42 minutes ago, shoful said:

Because its a horrible album. This is her worst album PERIOD! Hard Candy and Rebel Heart are far better than this trash. There are only like 3-5 redeemable songs here

rebel heart is one of her best but hard candy is worse than trash.

Archived