opinion

Starstruck Should Have Been a Single

DeluluSwine

Featured Posts

DeluluSwine

"Groove slam work it back

Filter that

Baby bump that track" :music:

I don't see many people talk about this song for some reason. I actually used to dislike it but now I love it. I don't understand why it didn't become a single and a hit.

Even though the lyrics are simple, they're quite interesting. Is Gaga saying that she's just acting starstruck so that the person would but her on their playlist or is she really starstruck by someone? Or maybe the lyrics have nothing to do with music and music playlists but something else... :giggle:

What do you think of Starstruck? Do you think it should have been a single?

Widows Kiss

It definitely should have been the follow-up single to Poker Face. I think LoveGame was way too "gay" to be released as an official single. Flo Rida was a very hot back then, it would have gone #1 easily, probably her longest running #1. It sold half a million and scanned gold as an album track without any kind of promotion.

dynamite

I read it was going to be the second single from The Fame but was changed when Just Dance became popular.

Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I read it was going to be the second single from The Fame but was changed when Just Dance became popular.

You're thinking of BDR not Starstruck. :huntyga:

Blackout19

Yasssss.... Finally someone say that! 

Its amazing! 

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Divine

Fun fact: its almost platinum in the US. 900,000+ 

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Jadeykins

hmm don't think this song has aged very well....buuutt....I remember when Gaga had just emerged and people at school (the popular ones) would play this song constantly and talk about how cool it is so I actually think it would have been very successful as a single! Maybe replacing lovegame (but lovegame being a fifth singe because I love it ) 

Divine
5 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

hmm don't think this song has aged very well....buuutt....I remember when Gaga had just emerged and people at school (the popular ones) would play this song constantly and talk about how cool it is so I actually think it would have been very successful as a single! Maybe replacing lovegame (but lovegame being a fifth singe because I love it ) 

More like,

Just Dance

Poker Face

LoveGame

Starstruck

Paparazzi

Bye eh eh 

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Noir

I always think this is one the biggest mistakes from her team, it would've been HUGE! I always think it was odd Eh, Eh got a single release and Starstruck didn't. Although I think Eh, Eh was only released in Europe?

Ideally:

1. Just Dance
2. LoveGame
3. Poker Face
(-THE FAME-)
4. Brown Eyes
5. Paparazzi
6. Starstruck

I love LoveGame and think it was a smart single choice, even if it wasn't as big as JD & PF.

Craven Moorecox
47 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I though the title said ‘Starbucks Should Have Been a Single’ :flop:

I thought so too!! :huntyga:

Linus Gaga
57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I though the title said ‘Starbucks Should Have Been a Single’ :flop:

Same ! Maybe too much Gaga heading to Starbucks thread in GGD

Hit me a message and say hi !

Archived