💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megarate: Sing to Me Instead (Ben Platt)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hi Everyone! :heart:

The album chosen for this megarate is Sing to Me Instead by Ben Platt.

BenPlatt_SingToMeInstead.jpg

After doing a retro megarate for Jagged Little Pill, I wanted to give a current album that is being overlooked a chance to shine. A largely piano-driven pop album with Ben Platt's voice as the centerpiece, "Sing to Me Instead" is Platt's first main pop venture after gaining notoriety in the world of music theater ("Dear Evan Hansen") as well as film (Pitch Perfect 1/2). In terms of his vocals, Platt is known for his wide vocal range and fast vibrato.

Platt cites various artists as inspiration for the album including Carole King, James Taylor, and Adele.  The album begins by exploring various emotions felt in relationships and ends with exploring larger concepts such as aging & the realization of mortality.

Genre: Pop

image.jpg

This also represents a major label release from an openly gay artist, one that is receiving critical acclaim thus far. However, the album hasn't experienced commercial performance fitting of the critical response it has received. Therefore, I thought we (GGD) could showcase support for the album through a megarate! :heart:

Current Chart Positions:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2019-04-20-at-8-15-42-PM.png

Moreover, the album fell off of the BB 200 after it's first week at #18. :ohno:

:hug:I know there have been megarates being released left and right recently, so I hope you all will give the album a chance! :hug:

P.S. He is also touring for the album:

event-poster-10413968.jpgevent-poster-10413968.jpg

Tracklist:

Spoiler

1. "Bad Habit"

2. "Ease My Mind"

3. "Temporary Love"

4. "Grow as We Go"

5. "Honest Man"

6. "Hurt Me Once"

7. "New"

8. "Better"

9. "Share Your Address"

10. "In Case You Don't Live Forever"

11. "Older"

12. "Run Away"

In general, here are the Criteria for participating in the Megarate:

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11 (if you'd like). Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values of .25, .5, or .75

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @rumours).

If you aren't tagged below, feel free to join in! Moreover, if you know of anyone else who may be interested, feel free to tag them. :heart:

Due Date for Ratings: May 10 (this could change)

Date/Time for Ceremony: TBD

ben-platt.jpg

How to Listen to the Album (Spotify):

Spoiler

People Who May Be Interested:

Spoiler

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming@AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Davian @NNES@HosedDownGypsy @TopazBlue @DiamondKing @Lazz Monster @CautiousLurker @Luv u Sum @Jorget @AndrewMac95 @Alex Spade @Oscar Snatcher @Widows Kiss @KatieJudasGaga4 @slayo @Possibly Maybe @WarriorPhoenix @GagaSkeletonWay @TeenIdle @SamanthaC @maxmore @Donna Noble @theadamcreator

@calmar@datlastfam @EvilRegal @MarlonBrando7@warholagaga@The Louvre@Jus @DaftFameMonster @ARPiT @ThaFame @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix@Punktious @Ronk @SolidSnake@PunkTheFunk @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @Oriane @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians  @TEAWHORE @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea@memomemome@slayo@that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @The Bling@blackcoffee @Kandy life @Aubbie @badgirlmeat @That J @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @Noah @TheShameMonster @kihlophix @GaGaSwift @kyanewest @Disco Chapel @Ninten Ann @Chic @ARealWildMan @Widows Kiss @TeenIdle @Pantera @Dutch @Phoebe Buffay @Queen of Venus

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @GypsyBabe @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @teawhore @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@Gagalderone @mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming @radioactive @AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Kimmo @Davian @Lazz Monster @corvus albus @DelusionalGaga @NNES @LaLuna @Maleficent @OG Gaga Stan

Participants In Previous Megarate (Jagged Little Pill):

:heart: Please comment below if you'd like to be added to the tag list for this megarate :heart:

Participants:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

Looking forward to it.  I can't be at the ceremony unless it is after May 16, but I will send my rates.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

Looking forward to it.  I can't be at the ceremony unless it is after May 16, but I will send my rates.

There's a good shot that it will be pushed back to sometime after May 16. I just put down a date to where I knew it wouldn't be before that :heart:

rumours
20 minutes ago, Donna Noble said:

Sorry I haven't heard her :cryga:

Well, I’ve tried to give everyone plenty of time to listen to the album if they hadn’t yet. If you change your mind and wish to participate, just let me know. :heart:

Donna Noble
12 hours ago, rumours said:

Well, I’ve tried to give everyone plenty of time to listen to the album if they hadn’t yet. If you change your mind and wish to participate, just let me know. :heart:

I'll give her a go :derpga::heart:

Edit: I listened to the whole thing :ladyhaha: Not bad not bad

Government Hooker-eh

Ronk

Omg, the most beautiful album I have heard since Joni Mitchell's  Blue.  :heart:   :golfclap: And so emotional.  

rumours
35 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Omg, the most beautiful album I have heard since Joni Mitchell's  Blue.  :heart:   :golfclap: And so emotional.  

Yay!! I'm so glad you liked it :heart:

I'm hoping people will give the album a chance like you did :hug:

Ronk
30 minutes ago, rumours said:

Yay!! I'm so glad you liked it :heart:

I'm hoping people will give the album a chance like you did :hug:

I need to listen to the album again to make my final rates.  I need to wait until tomorrow because the harmonies and melodies are so beautiful, along with the lyrics, that I cry through several songs.  Today I literally have "ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou".

I'm in! I think he's really cute and didn't really know he was a hunty. :fan:

I'll give it a listen first.

underneath the pine

rumours
41 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Sent mine in.

Amazing album!

Thanks for submitting :hug:

And I'm glad you ended up enjoying the album :heart:

Archived